E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Not Happy!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2008, 08:26 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

UPDATE

Talked with BMW NA and you guys were right. They were fantastic.
I got all of my issued resolved in about 30 min. They could not have been more helpful. They contacted the dealership and talked with both the service manager and the CPO manager and they are willing to work with me on any issues i have so i think this will turn out ok.
Old 09-25-2008, 05:34 PM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: G30 M550i
Model Year: 2018

Congrats...
Old 09-25-2008, 06:30 PM
Members

My Ride: 2011 535I X-Drive - Space Grey / Black Dakota / M-Sport / Sport Auto Transmission with Paddles / Premium I / Premium II / Cold Weather Gone: 2010 535I - Alpine White / Black / Sport, Premium & Cold Weather Packages / Anthracite liner / Sport Auto with Paddle Shifters / Navigation / Satellite, HD & I-pod Gone: 2006 530XI - Monaco Blue / Creme Leather

Congrats! Sounds like you had better luck with BMWNA than I did. I had numerous issues when I bought my CPO 2006 530XI from my local dealer similar to you. They promise everything to get you signing the deal and then I had to battle for what they promised.
Trying to engage the assist of BMWNA was met with "the certifying dealer is independent and we can't help".
Trying to get detail of the standards used to measure CPO proved impossible. I was also told the CPO check list was not was NA at the time I signed, but the would get me a copy...eventually got it and challenged a few things, but ultimately, it is very poor in actually defining what is truely required; it is at the dealers discretion.
This was my first experience BMW and BMWNA. The BMW certification program is loosely controlled; a lot of "smoke & mirrors" marketing!
Old 09-25-2008, 07:01 PM
Contributors

If it's a CPO it should be under warranty for up to 100k, but then i think it depends on your dealershit that you bought it from and when you service it they look at that too. As far as with loaners and rentals, but they should provide it for you if its under warranty. Its good that you had a chat with BMWNA. Its like if you never talked to BMW NA they would never been so helpful otherwise. Good that you stood up, show them that you mean business or if not get another car not worth your hassle and time. I have very good relations with my SA and love my bmw been a great car. So hopefully after all your issues are address you learn to love your car and no more little bugs. Start MODDING too and WElcome aboard. Good luck in the future with your car.
Old 09-26-2008, 10:58 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 545iSMGSilver GrayAuburn Dakota LeatherLogic 7 Premium SoundSports Package

Originally Posted by rflannery' post='678029' date='Sep 25 2008, 09:26 AM
UPDATE

Talked with BMW NA and you guys were right. They were fantastic.
I got all of my issued resolved in about 30 min. They could not have been more helpful. They contacted the dealership and talked with both the service manager and the CPO manager and they are willing to work with me on any issues i have so i think this will turn out ok.
Glad to hear... thats how things should be. Now BMW will have a much higher chance of a potential returning customer, and your word of mouth advertising rather than your word of mouth bashing...
Old 09-26-2008, 11:07 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by mtw1116' post='676903' date='Sep 24 2008, 01:56 AM
Sorry to hear this... Bring it back to the dealer... still warranty!!!!
as far as the money coming out of the sales man`s pocket he`s not given you bull shit at all.. any and all repaires comes out of the sales man`s profit that he or she made onj the sale... im a sales manager for a dealership... as far as your brakes making nosie from the day i picked up my car.. mind you it was brand new.. my brakes would make so much nosie i had it in the dealer 5 times in 3 months cause of the brakes the other issues your haven should not be.. if`s it`s a cpo you should not have the prob`s your telling us about.. the dealer pays for the car to be cpo`ed...its about 15 to 2000 bucks for the dealer to cpo a car... i would be right back at the dealer pleading my case.... cause the prob`s your having sounds like a big prob... good luck i hope it turns out good for you....
Old 09-26-2008, 12:10 PM
Members

Originally Posted by 530ISPORT' post='679172' date='Sep 26 2008, 03:07 PM
as far as the money coming out of the sales man`s pocket he`s not given you bull shit at all.. any and all repaires comes out of the sales man`s profit that he or she made onj the sale... im a sales manager for a dealership... as far as your brakes making nosie from the day i picked up my car.. mind you it was brand new.. my brakes would make so much nosie i had it in the dealer 5 times in 3 months cause of the brakes the other issues your haven should not be.. if`s it`s a cpo you should not have the prob`s your telling us about.. the dealer pays for the car to be cpo`ed...its about 15 to 2000 bucks for the dealer to cpo a car... i would be right back at the dealer pleading my case.... cause the prob`s your having sounds like a big prob... good luck i hope it turns out good for you....
Wouldn't this depend on the pay structure at the individual dealership? At our stores after-the-fact customer goodwill repairs do not affect salesmen's commissions.