E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Not Happy!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2008, 06:23 AM
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The argument is "certified pre-owned" and obviously it isn't. Don't let them fix it, get it refund/return and for sure GET A LAWYER now.
Old 09-24-2008, 06:38 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

First of all - sorry for your troubles, this is never good. My question is - WHY did you buy the damn thing? Have you not looked at it before buying it? Have you not driven it before you signed the dotted line? Come on!
I think while your dealer actions are plain unacceptable, you have nobody but yourself to blame for buying a car in such condition.
Old 09-24-2008, 09:53 AM
Members

I must say all of this talk about suing and lemons is distressing. Look at who the OP has been dealing with...a salesman for crying out loud...not someone of authority who has a vested interest in the long term relationship with the OP like a Sales Manager, Service Manager, or GM. IMHO, he needs to POLITELY give someone in authority at the dealership the opportunity to address his issues before screaming LAWYER and LEMON. Attitudes like that are one of the reasons that small businesses can't afford to do business - because the liability premiums are so jacked up in this litigious society we live in. There is no reason that reasonable people can't sit down and work things out without screaming or involving attorneys, and if more people approached problems like that we would all be better off. Ok, rant over, soapbox put aside. Good luck with your problem, OP!
Old 09-24-2008, 10:06 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by monsterj34' post='676998' date='Sep 24 2008, 05:46 AM
if they had problem with cars and paints they shouldnt be a Certified vehicle..

basically you can do lawsuit against them and they are supposed to guarentee the car..

if they are not trying to take a responsibility call BMW North America and file a claim regard with the vehicle that shouldnt be a certified.

I would do exactly that^

that is totally uncalled for!! pure BS they should fix all that

From what i hear I WOULD NOT want that car back, just sounds like a big mess

hopefully everything works out for you please keep us posted
Old 09-24-2008, 10:15 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2011, E90 M3 Sedan. Alpine White.Competition package, Keyhole cover, fender reflectors in Alpine white, RPI Exhaust, 19

I think you need to go higher up.. your salesman can only do so much.. and its unfortunate you didnt notice all these problems before you signed on the dotted line.. maybe your car stalling was something minor.. but if this gets ugly i would get in touch with BMW NA and see what they can tell you.. your right.. they shouldnt be calling it CPO.. but they did fix the hood.. i know its frustrating when you buy such a car and expect the best.. i hope you work this out.. keep us posted.. good luck...
Old 09-24-2008, 10:40 AM
Contributors

BMW North America !
there is a couple of guys on the forum who work for BMW NA , so I Am sure they will read your message
Kep the faith. with the product , if not the dealer.
Hope you get everything taken care off and you are satisified
"Good-Luck"
Old 09-24-2008, 10:43 AM
Contributors

I'm sorry but that is one f-up dealer you went to, I mean if you got it at some random dealership then those problem seems about right but straight from a BMW dealer/pre-certified wthell is up with that place?! Selling a car in that kind of condition. Geez. You didn't as for a carfax report?
Old 09-24-2008, 10:54 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by melimel' post='677234' date='Sep 24 2008, 01:15 PM
I think you need to go higher up.. your salesman can only do so much.. and its unfortunate you didnt notice all these problems before you signed on the dotted line.. maybe your car stalling was something minor.. but if this gets ugly i would get in touch with BMW NA and see what they can tell you.. your right.. they shouldnt be calling it CPO.. but they did fix the hood.. i know its frustrating when you buy such a car and expect the best.. i hope you work this out.. keep us posted.. good luck...

Yeah, you're going to have to probably call BMWNA and get it sorted out there. They're all buddies down at the garage, so if there's some shady business with one person, chances are everyone else is in on it too.
Old 09-24-2008, 11:02 AM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: G30 M550i
Model Year: 2018

Originally Posted by rflannery' post='676895' date='Sep 24 2008, 01:53 AM
....If someone actually drove this car for more then 5 Min. they would see how screwed up it is. I'm just pissed off because i traded in a perfect car for a POS. I know that BMW makes good cars but i'm just really disappointed with every aspect of this purchase.....
Sorry you're having these troubles. If it's certified, then hopefully the'll fix you up. If you're not getting satisfaction from the salesman, keep going up the ladder as others suggested.

Independent of all that, I have to ask, did you drive it "for more than 5 minutes" before deciding to buy it? (I realize much of this may not be your fault but then again, you're buying a used car -- you really need to do a bit more checking than just walking up to a dealer and signing on the dotted line. If the car was that bad, you really should have noticed it, right? Even if you're not mechanically inclined, it sounds like much of this would have been caught by the average consumer...)
Old 09-24-2008, 12:43 PM
Members

UPDATE.....
Ok i made a list last night of all the things that are wrong with the car.
Brought it to BMW this Morning. Got there @ 9 and they told me they already fixed the car. They blame the water pump
Again the service tech told me that loaner cars are complimentary and that i did not qualify for one. I am under factory warranty the car has 46K.
I simply told them i could not leave there without a car i have a business to run.. after about 20 min. they did give me a loaner. The service tech called me earlier and said they are fixing everything on my list and it should be ready tomorrow. I'm definitely calling cooperate just to document all of this. I'm also going to ask to review the service records and carfax report again.

I did quite a bit of research and thought this was a safe way to go, mainly thanks to the forums. I know this is not the norm for BMW and thats what disappointments me.I did drive the car for about 15-20 min before i bought it. I did quite a bit of research and thought this was a safe way to go, mainly thanks to the forums which is so helpful. It was at the same time we were getting bands from one of these hurricanes so i wouldn't have been able to hear the breaks scraping and at the time there were no idling problems. I do admit it was an impulse buy but i was assured that the car was ""like buying a brand new car" "Nothing To Worry About" numerous times. Also paid for the maintenance package and tire package.Its the flat black paint so you don't see all of the swirl mark unless its in direct sunlight but their still bad none the less.

I'm not a difficult person i just want the thing fixed right but now i can't help but think i got taken and have no clue how this is a certified car.

Thank you all for your input I'll take it all into consideration. I know my post is all over the place but i greatly apreatiate all of your help and when i find anything out ill let you guys know