E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Not Happy!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2008, 09:53 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok heres my story.
Traded in my perfect 2006 RSX Type S for a "Certified Pre Owned" 2006 525i "STILL UNDER FACTORY WARRANTY"
Of Course in Fl it was raining, so i didn't catch how horrible the paint was. The hood's clear coat was peeling, and there are numerous scratches all over the car. End of the week they took it in for a "full detail"
When i i got it back, the interior wasn't even cleaned and they couldn't buff out the hood; all of the scratches were down to the metal. They agreed to repaint the hood "which i feel should have been done before classifying it as a certified car"
They assured me it would take only 1 day to strip,refinish,paint. clear,and bake the hood. When i dropped it off they told me there was no way and it would take 2 days to complete, and i was fine with that i would rather have it done right then rush. I told BMW that i would need a loaner or rental if it was going to take more then one day. They told me that they were losing to much money on the deal because they had to repaint the hood and couldn't provide me with a loaner or rental. So i have to find my own way to and from work. I was more pissed that they never called me back then not getting a loaner. If you dont have any available thats fine but don't act like your loosing money by painting my hood. I'm sure that when the lease return came back they took money off for her hood being in such bad shape. Of course my salesman says its coming out of his pocket like hes doing me a favor which is BS. So i got the car back today after the hood was painted and the hood looks pretty good, but the rest of the car color is off now "very noticeable" in direct sunlight. The rest of the car looks like someone washed it with a brillow pad, which is funny because i found a used one on the side of the seat even after my "FULL DETAIL"
Driving it about 10pm tonight and the damn thing broke down on me. Engine overheated
This is the worst purchase I've ever made.
Aside from that, i have a bunch of other things wrong with the car from day one "ive only had it a week"
The Brakes Scrape and squeal like crazy which should have been fixed in the first place
the menu for idrive is stuck
before it broke down it was hesitating in 1st like it didn't know what gear it should be in
tranny would shift hard, CD player would get the discs stuck once in a while,the amp would cut out,many more but i'm sick of writing

The bottom line is that i feel like this car was never inspected in the first place. If someone actually drove this car for more then 5 Min. they would see how screwed up it is. I'm just pissed off because i traded in a perfect car for a POS. I know that BMW makes good cars but i'm just really disappointed with every aspect of this purchase.

If you made it all the way through is thank you, just had to vent
any suggestions would be greatly appreciated
Old 09-23-2008, 09:56 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: E60 Bimmer, Sports Package, Premium Package, Black/Black, Xenon Lights, 20
Model Year: 2005

Sorry to hear this... Bring it back to the dealer... still warranty!!!!
Old 09-23-2008, 10:04 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 Alpine White 550i Sport, Cream Beige Interior, 6-Sp Manual - retired 9/2011

Originally Posted by mtw1116' post='676903' date='Sep 24 2008, 01:56 AM
Sorry to hear this... Bring it back to the dealer... still warranty!!!!
Don't give up on it yet. If you are not satisfied with this dealership in the short or long run, find another. It may take a bit of time, but BMW will make it right. Good luck!
Old 09-23-2008, 10:04 PM
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wow, I'm shocked.

Hope nothing like this happens to my car (knock on wood).

How many km on the bimmer? What made you switch?
BTW, my buddy had an RXS typeS ... beatiful shifter, and great engine.

Good luck dude, keep us posted
Old 09-23-2008, 10:15 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2008 528i: Alpine White/Creme Dakota Leather/Bamboo Anthracite Wood Trim; Premium pkg, Ipod USB (6FL), Xenons, sunroof, Eibach pro-kit 1.2" drop all around, limo tint all around. LED license plate festoons. Soon to come: M6 replica 19" rims, Angel Eyes mod, fog light mod.

can you take it back? if you could heck ya you should and look somewhere else and drive the car for like a good 5miles before buying it even if there is one single thing wrong on it and its not fixeable dont buy it if it is fixable then ask the dealer to take care of it. but its so funny how many times ive heard that phrase come out of the salesmans mouth..."its coming out of my own pocket" thats phrase is soo full of bullsh*t not even funny. they can really tick me off sometimes. but good luck with your situation hope everything works out better then fine for you
Old 09-24-2008, 02:09 AM
Members

My advice is to no longer deal with the salesman. Only deal with either the sales manager or the service manager. The salesman most likely does not have the authority to approve the expenditures you are asking for and therefore having him in the middle of it is counterproductive to your getting your issues resolved efficiently. I would probably just go to the service manager if it were me and just very politely ask to have your issues fixed. If he says that he is unable to do it then very politely explain that you were under the impression these things were a part of the CPO and if they are not that you have no choice except to involve BMWNA. Is there no way that the dealership can resolve the problem without having to involve the manufacturer in the issue? That will probably snap them into shape. If it does not, then absolutely call BMWNA, because if they aren't willing to stand behind what they sell the manufacturer needs to know about it! Keep your cool, be polite but firm in what you want, deal with a manager only, and if they won't give you what you need, call the manufacturer.
Good luck!
Old 09-24-2008, 02:33 AM
Senior Members

stad up to the dealership and get them to make it right, that's BS. Go see the GM.....good luck and keep us posted!
Old 09-24-2008, 04:46 AM
Senior Members

if they had problem with cars and paints they shouldnt be a Certified vehicle..

basically you can do lawsuit against them and they are supposed to guarentee the car..

if they are not trying to take a responsibility call BMW North America and file a claim regard with the vehicle that shouldnt be a certified.
Old 09-24-2008, 05:46 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 545iSMGSilver GrayAuburn Dakota LeatherLogic 7 Premium SoundSports Package

Originally Posted by monsterj34' post='676998' date='Sep 24 2008, 05:46 AM
if they had problem with cars and paints they shouldnt be a Certified vehicle..

basically you can do lawsuit against them and they are supposed to guarentee the car..

if they are not trying to take a responsibility call BMW North America and file a claim regard with the vehicle that shouldnt be a certified.
Thats sucks. Im sorry to hear your experence wasn't the greatest but monster is right to back and read what CPO meant in the contract and bring that back up to BMW NA let them know what happened and what this dealer is doing / not doing. Good luck
Old 09-24-2008, 05:52 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 Silverstone II E60 M5 2012 E70 AW X5 50i Sport w/ LCI Aero Kit and Rocker Panels

It sounds like you got yourself an UN-certified pre-owned lemon. I would go directly to the manager or owner of the dealership and ask what gives?!