E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Not Happy!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2008, 01:15 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: My ex-ride: EU '08 LCI 520dA. Space Grey, Sport Seats in Black Leather/Fabric Anthracite, Sport Steering Wheel, A/C with Extended Features, Hi-Fi Speakers, Cup Holders, Cruise with Braking function, Folding Rear Seats, Xenons, Park Distance Control.

Sorry to read about lemon story rflannery,

Did you really buy this car from a licensed BMW dealer?

Sounds like a movie nightmare...
Old 09-24-2008, 02:25 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 Alpine White 550i Sport, Cream Beige Interior, 6-Sp Manual - retired 9/2011

Your dealership sounds terrible...hope it works out for ya. Remember, it's certified so they HAVE to fix these issues. GL!
Old 09-24-2008, 02:41 PM
Members

yeah I got it from BMW of fort myers
Thank you guys again for all your help

I downloaded the application to become a certified car and mine would have failed miserably
I'm curious to see if the dealership will show me their report
Old 09-24-2008, 03:02 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by rflannery' post='677412' date='Sep 24 2008, 06:41 PM

I downloaded the application to become a certified car and mine would have failed miserably
I thnk you would be better off talkng with BMW NA go online and ask there advise , I had a problem and they were really helpfull
Old 09-24-2008, 04:38 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by rflannery' post='677412' date='Sep 24 2008, 03:41 PM

thats a shame you have had so much trouble. when i bought mine in April, i went to Rusnak in Westlake to avoid Santa Barbara BMW because I had heard horror stories. when we did the paperwork I noticed the CPO document was not included and they said they could not find it, but would fax it to me the next day...never received it. they also said they would sell me the ipod interface/install and car cover at cost, but never returned my emails or call. The car was test drove great, however, when i got home and rolled down the windows i could hear how horrible the breaks were sounding. I took it in to get "fixed" and perhaps for a couple days they were fine. I have read posts hear that BMW basically has squeaky brakes, so I just accept it and will fix it myself. My next issue is that sometimes the windows stop mid way and go back down after I told them to go up, and the ac will not stay on or off when i press the max or off button. Took it in and BMW could not find the problem and said it doesnt happen for them. When I picked up the car, IT HAPPENED FOR ME. I ran inside to get my associate to witness, and it didnt do it again. I dont know what to do because it still happens every now and then. Next issue, my CD player doesnt work. Took the car in. My associate said she ordered the part but i never heard back. 3 weeks later i follow-up and she cannot find the documents. I gotta take it in again to run more tests on the CD player. I have a couple more years on the warranty so I am not too concerned, but if they electrical problems dont get fixed before the warranty runs out i will be pretty upset. both dealerships i have worked with (Rusnak to purchase; Santa Barbara to Service) have been no good to me. im running out of options. phew! glad i got that off my chest.

EDIT: I forgot to mention my speakers were going out in the back.
Old 09-24-2008, 06:17 PM
Senior Members

Just go straight to BMW NA...

they are already violating term of service.. They are supposed to give Loaner car if they are available when cars still under warrenty. You shouldnt have to go thorugh this at all. Stop talking to them and go through BMW NA and get lawyer and go after BMW Fort Myers... after they hear lawsuit they probably will give you the new car because they do not want the news to go to local because they will loose all customers.
Old 09-24-2008, 06:34 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2012 535i xdrive M-Sport Dark Graphite II 2004 545i Black Sapphire Metallic-Retired 2001 525i Titanium Silver Metallic-Retired1994 325ic Convertible Boston Green-Retired 1985 325es Dolphin Grey-Retired

Originally Posted by baadaaboo' post='677057' date='Sep 24 2008, 10:23 AM
The argument is "certified pre-owned" and obviously it isn't. Don't let them fix it, get it refund/return and for sure GET A LAWYER now.

+2 Its only been a week. Get rid of it now while its still early!!!!
Old 09-24-2008, 07:31 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 04 545i - Titanium Silver/Black, Sport pkg, Comfort Seats w/ Lumbar, Premium Sound, power rear sunshade, Adaptive Xenon Headlights, Steptronic, Park Distance Control, Fold down rear seats w/ski bag, Aux jack, 6-disk changer, puddle lamps... Engine: Custom Remus cat-back exhaust w/chrome square tips, K&N Air Filter, Charcoal Filter Removed, Sprint Booster :-), 50/50 mix of 91+100 Octane, EuroRev ECU Remap (coming soon lol), Dinan High-Flow Throttle Body (coming soon...maybe lol) Interior: Portable Sirius Stilletto 100 w/car kit, Garmin Nuvi 680 mounted below rear-view mirror, LCI-style I-drive knob, Dark Poplar Center Dashboard Trim. Exterior: E60 forum clings, 5% rear tint, ACS roof spoiler (painted black for distinct look against limo tint), ACS trunk spoiler, ACS add-on front spoiler and rear apron (awaiting installation), "18 Black Staggered BeBeS Style OER (emergency replacement for cracked sport 124 rims), black kidney grill, white accessory lighting (including license and trunk lamps), Angel-eye upgrade, AIB xenon-matched fog lamps, AIB V3's on order, red rear reflectors

Originally Posted by monsterj34' post='677568' date='Sep 24 2008, 07:17 PM
Just go straight to BMW NA...

they are already violating term of service.. They are supposed to give Loaner car if they are available when cars still under warrenty. You shouldnt have to go thorugh this at all. Stop talking to them and go through BMW NA and get lawyer and go after BMW Fort Myers... after they hear lawsuit they probably will give you the new car because they do not want the news to go to local because they will loose all customers.

I don't think the loaner applies to vehicles purchased used. It sure as hell didn't in my case last year when my then-warrantied 5-er took 3 full days to program. Hmmmm....anyone wanna chime in on this?
Old 09-24-2008, 08:30 PM
uncleb

Originally Posted by advancedlogic' post='677638' date='Sep 24 2008, 08:31 PM
I don't think the loaner applies to vehicles purchased used. It sure as hell didn't in my case last year when my then-warrantied 5-er took 3 full days to program. Hmmmm....anyone wanna chime in on this?
I purchased a CPO Silver/Gray 2006 530i in May (my first BMW). One of the things we noticed when checking out the car was a couple of nicks in the hood that were not repaired properly. The sale was contigent on them fixing these at a later date. I took it back a couple of weeks ago. They did give me a loaner though it was not a BMW. Initially they wanted to give me a Ford Focus but I told them that was not going to fly. I ended up getting a Chrysler 300.

It turned out that they needed to repaint the hood. I was concerned that the color matching would be a problem. When I picked it up I was pleasantly surpirsed at how well it matches. It is a little off from the front bumper but hardly noticeable. It matches great with the fender panels. I will say that the salesman I dealt with was a putz and I will never deal with him again but all in all I am pretty happy with the job they did.
Old 09-24-2008, 09:08 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by advancedlogic' post='677638' date='Sep 24 2008, 11:31 PM

well but this is certified used car.. and cetified used car warrenty kicks in after regular warrenty is over. so technically he should be able to get a rental car.

but this is what i found ... if they have cpo cars.. "Repair Services
While you may elect to use a non-approved repair facility for maintenance or repairs, BMW is not obligated to pay for any such repairs (even if covered under the Certified Pre-Owned BMW Limited Warranty). To obtain service under the Certified Pre-Owned BMW Limited Warranty, the vehicle must be delivered to an authorized BMW center. Moreover, the Certified Pre-Owned BMW Limited Warranty does not cover additional expenses related to a breakdown such as, but not limited to, car rental, lodging expenses, loss of pay or telephone charges, except as covered by BMW Roadside Assistance."

and thats from BMW usa..

if not, that means we should never buy used bmw...