E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Is this normal!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2005, 11:55 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2004 BMW 530I steptronic, Orient Blue, Dakota Black Leather, Finishers Aluminium with Wave Cutting interior, NAVIgation, Radio PROFESSIONAL, CD in-dash, Hi-Fi extended sound system, PDC system, Bi-Xenons lights with washers, cruise-control, heated seats, Extended AC, auto"shade" mirrors, auto lights sensors, rain/wiper sensor, M-tech leather multifunction steering wheel, side airbags rearseats, sliding armrest, smoker's package (I don't smoke!), velour floor mats, spare wheel and jack, 122 style rims winter setup, M135 style rims summer setup [color=red]Mods:[/color] [color=blue]M tech sport steering wheel with M5 SMG paddles working retrofit done ! Trunk lid opening button retrofit done.[/color] [color=blue]3M window 35% tint done Chrome grilles E60.net Clings [/color]

this is weird, maybe it is a US spec car thing. Never happens to me.
I have the AC button off since summer months and I'm not using Auto mode either and my AC never turns on after I start the car....
Old 11-12-2005, 11:59 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 545iSMGSilver GrayAuburn Dakota LeatherLogic 7 Premium SoundSports Package

Originally Posted by rodybmw' post='197241' date='Nov 12 2005, 09:27 AM
The only way to keep it completely off on my car is to turn off the AC AND also push the "OFF" button to turn off the fan before turning off the ignition. If I do that then the next time I start the car nothing comes on (no AC and no Fan). However, if I push the "OFF" button without turning off the AC first then the AC does come on again when the car is started the next time.

Are you sure rody? Cuz I've done that and no matter what combination I do it in after the car sleeps at least the fan will come back on. The AC doesnt come back on if I shut off the snowflake but if the car goes to sleep and I wake it back up the fan at least comes back on.

So now I make it a habbit to turn the fan level to the lowest and the AC off so next time I start the car only the lowest fan setting comes on and not a Hurrican!
Old 11-12-2005, 12:08 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 BMW 530I steptronic, Orient Blue, Dakota Black Leather, Finishers Aluminium with Wave Cutting interior, NAVIgation, Radio PROFESSIONAL, CD in-dash, Hi-Fi extended sound system, PDC system, Bi-Xenons lights with washers, cruise-control, heated seats, Extended AC, auto"shade" mirrors, auto lights sensors, rain/wiper sensor, M-tech leather multifunction steering wheel, side airbags rearseats, sliding armrest, smoker's package (I don't smoke!), velour floor mats, spare wheel and jack, 122 style rims winter setup, M135 style rims summer setup [color=red]Mods:[/color] [color=blue]M tech sport steering wheel with M5 SMG paddles working retrofit done ! Trunk lid opening button retrofit done.[/color] [color=blue]3M window 35% tint done Chrome grilles E60.net Clings [/color]

Originally Posted by EBMCS03' post='197305' date='Nov 12 2005, 03:59 PM
no matter what combination I do it in after the car sleeps at least the fan will come back on. The AC doesnt come back on if I shut off the snowflake but if the car goes to sleep and I wake it back up the fan at least comes back on.

So now I make it a habbit to turn the fan level to the lowest and the AC off so next time I start the car only the lowest fan setting comes on and not a Hurrican!
yep, exactly the same here
Old 11-12-2005, 01:09 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 545iSMGSilver GrayAuburn Dakota LeatherLogic 7 Premium SoundSports Package

Originally Posted by Peter530i' post='197313
no matter what combination I do it in after the car sleeps at least the fan will come back on. The AC doesnt come back on if I shut off the snowflake but if the car goes to sleep and I wake it back up the fan at least comes back on.

yep, exactly the same here
[/quote]

Hummm then apparently different SW works a little differently.
Old 11-12-2005, 02:32 PM
Senior Members

Your dealer can change the options on whether A/C comes on automatically upon start up.
Old 11-12-2005, 05:18 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by ipse dixit' post='197370' date='Nov 12 2005, 03:32 PM
Your dealer can change the options on whether A/C comes on automatically upon start up.

Really is there documentation to that? That way I wont get the run around from my dealer... I dont want anything to come on when I start the car I like it to start up the way I left it... everything off
Old 11-13-2005, 12:09 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by EBMCS03' post='197305
The only way to keep it completely off on my car is to turn off the AC AND also push the "OFF" button to turn off the fan before turning off the ignition. If I do that then the next time I start the car nothing comes on (no AC and no Fan). However, if I push the "OFF" button without turning off the AC first then the AC does come on again when the car is started the next time.

Are you sure rody? Cuz I've done that and no matter what combination I do it in after the car sleeps at least the fan will come back on. The AC doesnt come back on if I shut off the snowflake but if the car goes to sleep and I wake it back up the fan at least comes back on.

[/quote]

Well......as far as I remember when I push the OFF button while the AC is on and then turn off the car it will come on the next time the car is started, but if I turn the AC off and then push the OFF button it will not. I will have to check again and get back to you on this. I am currently on a business trip, but I will check it out when I get back in a few days.
Old 11-13-2005, 12:27 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by rodybmw' post='197543' date='Nov 13 2005, 01:09 AM
I will have to check again and get back to you on this. I am currently on a business trip, but I will check it out when I get back in a few days.
Old 11-13-2005, 12:40 AM
Members

My Ride: 2006 JET BLACK on BLACK SPORTS PACK 5ER, with RADENERGIE R-10's @ 20"

Originally Posted by Wiss545' post='197137' date='Nov 12 2005, 12:29 AM
I still dont understand why every time i turn the ignition on the AC startes by it self.

during my last visit to the dealer i was informed that they updated the software to 19.1.

could this be a solved by a new software upgrade or I just have to live with it

regards
I thought this was the norm. My ac always comes on. But twice I had the engine fan blowing when I started my car. I couldn't shut it down. I shut the ac, fan etc. all off, but this fan was still running strong. It clicked off automatically in about 30mins. After I mentioned it to my dealer and discussed maybe getting it looked at the next time. It just never reoccured. Weird.
Old 11-13-2005, 12:52 AM
Contributors

My Ride: In a place where the Mercedes density is the highest in the world (no. of MB per square kilometer) I choose a Bimmer, why? because of one thing "The Ultimate Driving Experience" My Ride: 523i Steptronic, Silver Grey Exterior, Black Interior with Black Dakota Leather and Maple Wood Trim. Chrome Grill, Style 123 rim, Airbags everywhere, PDC, Rain sensor, Auto lights, Moveable front armrest, Advance Climate Control, Glass Sunroof, Auto dimming interior and exterior mirror with foldable functions, Extended Lights package, 6 CD changer in glove box, Power seats with memory, Power adjustable steering wheel, Power rear sunblinds. Add ons: 123 wheels, chrome grill, K&N Hi flow filter, Eibach Pro Kit, e60.net decal and 24,000km Past rides: 2001 Nissan Xterra SE 1999 E39 523i 1999 E46 323i 1996 Acura Integra LS

Originally Posted by The Kloser' post='197554
I still dont understand why every time i turn the ignition on the AC startes by it self.

during my last visit to the dealer i was informed that they updated the software to 19.1.

could this be a solved by a new software upgrade or I just have to live with it

regards
I thought this was the norm. My ac always comes on. But twice I had the engine fan blowing when I started my car. I couldn't shut it down. I shut the ac, fan etc. all off, but this fan was still running strong. It clicked off automatically in about 30mins. After I mentioned it to my dealer and discussed maybe getting it looked at the next time. It just never reoccured. Weird.
[/quote]

Engine fan, you mean the rad fan right? Is normal to be on after you shut off your car if your engine is too hot. Since you are in Hawaii so pretty normal I would say.