E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Is this normal!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2005, 01:29 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: E60 545i, 2004. Alpine white, ventilated seats, confort seats, bluetooth, HI-FI Audio, Electrical Rear Blinds, manual Side blinds, Sport Package, Confort Glass,Active steering, Business Navigation
Thumbs down

I still dont understand why every time i turn the ignition on the AC startes by it self.

during my last visit to the dealer i was informed that they updated the software to 19.1.

could this be a solved by a new software upgrade or I just have to live with it

regards
Old 11-12-2005, 01:40 AM
Members

My Ride: 2004 545i 6-speed, jet black on black, sport package, dynamic handling package (active handling and active steering), electric rear and manual side sunshades.

Originally Posted by Wiss545' post='197137' date='Nov 12 2005, 05:29 AM
I still dont understand why every time i turn the ignition on the AC startes by it self.

during my last visit to the dealer i was informed that they updated the software to 19.1.

regards
It is a safety feature that circulates freon in the ac system, thus preventing leakage and loss.This is especially relevant during the winter months when the ac system is not normally used. A lot has been said (and ranted) about this feature but my 2001 Volvo S60 had the exact same operation. No software update, to my knowledge, will reverse this.
Old 11-12-2005, 02:27 AM
Members

Originally Posted by TObmw' post='197139

regards
It is a safety feature that circulates freon in the ac system, thus preventing leakage and loss.This is especially relevant during the winter months when the ac system is not normally used. A lot has been said (and ranted) about this feature but my 2001 Volvo S60 had the exact same operation. No software update, to my knowledge, will reverse this.
[/quote]

I guess this could be the case, but I thought I had the same issue until I realized that if I turned the A/C off before I turned the ignition off, it wouldn't automatically turn on when I started the car the next time and vice versa. It does, however, come on every time you press the "Auto" button. Mine is also a US car so maybe that makes a difference.
Old 11-12-2005, 06:21 AM
Members

My Ride: 2005 BMW 330i Orient Blue exterior Beigh leather interior with Wood trim, Premium package, Steptronic auto, Xenon headlights.

My E60 also does this. Everytime before i turn my 530i of I make sure to turn off the A/C and the stereo. but when i start her back up again it my A/C unit is on. I find this weird but not a big deal.
Old 11-12-2005, 06:22 AM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2008 535i: June 6th start build, complete June 17th, at NY Port July 5th, at dealer July 10th, took delivery Friday July 13- Plantimum Bronze/Natural Brown Leather/Light Poplar, Sport Package, Sport Auto, Active Steering, Premium Package, CWP & PDC. Dinan Performance Software 384hp & 421 ft/lbs.

Originally Posted by tcoz' post='197142

regards
I guess this could be the case, but I thought I had the same issue until I realized that if I turned the A/C off before I turned the ignition off, it wouldn't automatically turn on when I started the car the next time and vice versa. It does, however, come on every time you press the "Auto" button. Mine is also a US car so maybe that makes a difference.
[/quote]
Mine is the same as above.
Old 11-12-2005, 08:04 AM
Contributors

My Ride: In a place where the Mercedes density is the highest in the world (no. of MB per square kilometer) I choose a Bimmer, why? because of one thing "The Ultimate Driving Experience" My Ride: 523i Steptronic, Silver Grey Exterior, Black Interior with Black Dakota Leather and Maple Wood Trim. Chrome Grill, Style 123 rim, Airbags everywhere, PDC, Rain sensor, Auto lights, Moveable front armrest, Advance Climate Control, Glass Sunroof, Auto dimming interior and exterior mirror with foldable functions, Extended Lights package, 6 CD changer in glove box, Power seats with memory, Power adjustable steering wheel, Power rear sunblinds. Add ons: 123 wheels, chrome grill, K&N Hi flow filter, Eibach Pro Kit, e60.net decal and 24,000km Past rides: 2001 Nissan Xterra SE 1999 E39 523i 1999 E46 323i 1996 Acura Integra LS

The situation with mine is if I shut off the car with A/C unit not the frost symbol off for a short period of time it will stay off if I start the car. But if I shut the car down long enough the system will be back on when I start the car. During the winter months I ususally turn off the frost symbol because there's no need for it and the frost symbol wouldn't come back on, it is the whole system that I am concern about.

I think when you guys say A/C you mean the climate control system am I correct?
Old 11-12-2005, 08:12 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2014 X5 xDrive 5.0 M Package Carbon Black Metallic/2008 M Roadster Imola Red

I thought climate control came on because it was on when I saved my key settings. Apparently not? It's OK with me if it comes on. It does what I want (i.e., would do anyway) way more than 50% of the time.
Old 11-12-2005, 08:27 AM
Contributors

The only way to keep it completely off on my car is to turn off the AC AND also push the "OFF" button to turn off the fan before turning off the ignition. If I do that then the next time I start the car nothing comes on (no AC and no Fan). However, if I push the "OFF" button without turning off the AC first then the AC does come on again when the car is started the next time.
Old 11-12-2005, 10:03 AM
Members

My Ride: 2004 545i SMG, Dinan Flywheel, M Sport Kit Blk, Blk.

Originally Posted by rodybmw' post='197241' date='Nov 12 2005, 09:27 AM
The only way to keep it completely off on my car is to turn off the AC AND also push the "OFF" button to turn off the fan before turning off the ignition. If I do that then the next time I start the car nothing comes on (no AC and no Fan). However, if I push the "OFF" button without turning off the AC first then the AC does come on again when the car is started the next time.
just push off button and if you turn off the airconditioning button before you turn off the car - only the fan will come on when you start it
Old 11-12-2005, 10:19 AM
Contributors

My Ride: MY RIDE is DA real .-) HAMANN 5 aka BLACK MAMBA born on 16/06/2005/delivered on 05/08/2005 as following: 530dA (steptronic), Black II (JET), leather Dakota auburn black, mapple trim, head-up display, dynamic drive, active steering, adaptive xenon headlights (auto levelling) with headlight washers, alarm, comfort seats with massage function, advanced A/C, big compartment armrest, aux-in, MP3, Logic 7, Radio PRO, CD in-dash+cd changer, power rear sunshades, rear airbags, park distance control, auto dimming folding mirrors, smoking package, shiny shadow line (individual), fold down rear seats, ski bag, sport suspension, run flats on �116-style� rims (Good Year NCT5+), cup holders, debadged, fire extinguishers, additional permanent power outlet, BMW coat hanger, trunk release button (installed by Hobi), GPS tracking device and a big thx 2 Iceman. Mods done: � Authentic HAMANN FRONT APRON Including ellipsoid fog lights Item-No.: 10 060 110 � Authentic HAMANN REAR SPOILER Item-No.: 10 060 130, � Authentic HAMANN HAMANN ALUMINIUM PEDALS For cars with manual gearbox Item-No.: 80 099 100 81,00 For cars with automatic transmission Item-No.: 80 099 120 � Authentic HAMANN FOOT REST In aluminium For left-hand drive vehicles Item No. : 80 099 122 � Authentic HAMANN HAND-BRAKE LEVER In aluminium For left- and right-hand drive cars Item No. : 80 099 216 � Authentic HAMANN Idrive of alu (sorry this is the only one in the World) but you can have it in carbon fiber , � Authentic HAMANN EXCLUSIVE FLOORMAT SET In black with HAMANN logo in silver For left-hand drive cars Item-No. : 80 060 120 For right-hand drive cars Item-No. : 80 060 � Authentic HAMANN COVER FOR OIL FILLER CAP In aluminium Item-No.: 80 099 117 � Authentic HAMANN SPORT REAR MUFFLER 4 TAILPIPES Sport rear muffler with four round stainless-steel tailpipes ( � 76mm ) Item-No.: 50 060 111 � Authentic HAMANN new add-on for M pack rear with diffusor for quad pipes -AVAILABLE NOW (http://forums.e60.net/index.php?act=ST&f=22&t=30630&st=0#entry332409) � ///M steering wheel w Pegasus logo (this will be also changed to three spoke sports) � ///M pack rear � HAMANN ECU upgrade 265 HP 608 Nm. most improtant: �real and working like a charm forumsbuy real LED tails and PIAA 4700k fogs!!! for HAMANN full front apron you need H3 � CustomAngels, Angel Eyes Brighter than stocks 10X, WHITE & (REd for shows). � Authentic HAMANN LIGHT-ALLOY WHEELS DESIGN EDITION RACE 20" Ultra-light forged 3-pieced light-alloy wheel, Cross-spoke-design,Spider in black, titanium, screwing,polished flange DIMENSIONS : 9.0 J x 20 FA Item No.: 91 207 315 10.5 J x 20 only RA Item No.: 91 207 625 Recommended 20" Complete Wheel Set DESIGN EDITION RACE I went with most aggressive Combination A.10 FA 9.0 J x 20 / RA 10.5 J x 20 with tires: FA 245/30 ZR 20 / RA 285/25 ZR 20 � Authentic HAMANN LOWERING KIT 4 progressive sport springs Lowering by approx. 40 mm FA, 20 mm RA Item-No.: 20 060 125 � Authentic HAMANN TIRE - PRESSURE CHECK SENSOR SYSTEM � Authentic HAMANN SIDE SILLS Item-No.: 10 060 120 � Authentic HAMANN REAL CF ROOF SPOLIER Item-No.: 10 060 235 � Authentic HAMANN AIRBAG SPORT STEERING WHEEL 3-SPOKE Three-spoke design w their SMG paddles (For assembly O.E. airbag in exchange) � Authentic HAMANN sports mirrors (all functions) !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and of course !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! E60.net Clings Still to do list;-): � Our Hobi's camera system from : ww.switchchange.com). � Individual leather interior (auburn+auburn alcantara)... and drive with sheer drivin' pleasure ... until 2009/2010 F10 comes or E60 possibly a 540d V8 diesel early in 2009 badly juiced!

Originally Posted by tcoz' post='197142

regards
[/quote]
I switch EVERYTHING off before turning the ignition off and that's it.