E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Noise in I Drive Screen

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2007, 10:47 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Rudy' post='403711' date='Mar 17 2007, 01:04 AM
It's strange how this seems to be happening to so many people right after a sofware upgrade, isn't it?
It would be useful to understand if there was a hardware baseline that this upgrade was affecting.

ABC
Old 03-19-2007, 04:55 PM
Contributors

onelyon, that is the EXACT same problem i have with my model car.
thank you for taking the picture!

if you decide to program v25, please let us know if
it fixed the problem.
Old 04-10-2007, 02:45 PM
Members

All,

I had this exact problem (wavy lines on iDrive text) after upgrading to CIP 24.0

I just had CIP 25.0 upgrade and so far have not experienced this problem. I think the graphics are clearer on iDrive in CIP 25 as well.

Thanks,

-- JM.
Old 04-11-2007, 06:01 AM
Members

My Ride: 2004 5.30i Saphire Black on Auburn, Sports Pckg, Premium Pckg, Sound Pckg, HUD, Cold Weather Pckg, Heated Rear Seats, Electronic Rear Window Shade, Foldable Rear Seats with Ski Bag, European Reflectors, Active Steering, PDC, 19" AC Schnitzer Type II, Front: 245/35, Rear: 275/30 Toyo T1S, H&R Sports Springs, 35% Tinted Windows, B&B exhaust w/ custom straight pipe

I had this problem where the i-drive was making a noise that sounded like my cd/dvd was stuck in the slot and was trying to get out. I had my steering rack replaced cuz my active steering was making a clunking noise, but they also had to update my i-drive in order to reformat the active steering. I had the older version of the i-drive and now the noise is gone.
Old 04-11-2007, 06:07 AM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: G30 M550i
Model Year: 2018

Originally Posted by bosg' post='412392' date='Apr 11 2007, 10:01 AM
I had this problem where the i-drive was making a noise that sounded like my cd/dvd was stuck in the slot and was trying to get out. I had my steering rack replaced cuz my active steering was making a clunking noise, but they also had to update my i-drive in order to reformat the active steering. I had the older version of the i-drive and now the noise is gone.
I'm glad your problem is solved but just to clarify things, the "noise" that we've been referring to in the above posts is not an audible noise but a central informational display video disturbance or distortion (often referred to as noise...)
Old 04-11-2007, 06:15 AM
Members

My Ride: 2004 530i Titanium Silver Metallic w/ gray leather Premium Package, Cold Weather Package, navigation, iPod retrofit

I had the same problem yesterday when I was driving home. I thought my eyes were going bad. After letting the car sit until the electrical system shut down, the problem cleared up (not a pun).

As I pulled into the car park at work this morning, the noise showed up again.
Old 04-19-2007, 12:34 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by johnmac' post='412226
I had the same problem yesterday when I was driving home. I thought my eyes were going bad. After letting the car sit until the electrical system shut down, the problem cleared up (not a pun).

As I pulled into the car park at work this morning, the noise showed up again.
almost all the time it is really noisely, blurry and wavvy.
and one time it manage to be clear.

here is a picture of the idrive problem....
it is right after i had cip 24 updated.

Noise in I Drive Screen-idrive.jpg
Old 04-19-2007, 01:19 PM
Members

Yep that is it!
I have had it since updating way back in november...it is amazing how you eventually get used to things! It really bigged me just after the updated: I felt like I had won something great (MP3 compatibility) yet losing something (the noise on the screen). And the worst is I knew it would mess things up: its just really infuriating how electronics is like that...as soon you install the latest update, a problem creeps up!!!

Anyway; my analysis of the problem is that the lines appear after 15-20 min of driving in daylight around 15-18?C. The "lines" or bluriness seems to go from top to bottom, a bit like a slow refresh rate (like when you watch a cathodic screen filmed on TV).

I am just waiting till the gentlemne from BMW/Siemens in Munchen finally get a stable/working CIP upgrade and ask my service assistant to get the latest version installed.
Lets just hope it wont be v25.15304955.10033145 ;-)
'cos my warranty runs out in september!

cheers!
Old 04-24-2007, 03:43 PM
Members

My Ride: 2004 530i Titanium Silver Metallic w/ gray leather Premium Package, Cold Weather Package, navigation, iPod retrofit

The noise came back to my screen again today. Right before it started, the stereo stopped playing and the map in the assistance window stopped moving (yes I was driving at the time). I didn't notice any difference in the driving performance. My patience is waning.
Old 05-02-2007, 05:29 AM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: G30 M550i
Model Year: 2018

My noise is back again too. I guess I'll wait for the bugs to be worked out of 25 then look forward to a future update...

Quick Reply: Noise in I Drive Screen