E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Noise in I Drive Screen

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2007, 03:18 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2004 Black Sapphire Mettalic 525i, Premium Package, Pro Nav, Bluetooth, HUD, Aux In, Eibach Prokit, Navtogo TV Unit, 20" Defy D1s

I had my E60 serviced at the dealer recently...they replaced the DVD drive and reset a passenger restraint fault in the system. The car was reprogrammed but when I got it back I noticed noise/snow in video of the I Drive screen.

I have a Nav to Go module in the car and of the course the dealer is pointing to this but the car was fine before I brought it in for service. They've fried the TCU on other reprogramming accounts so I was thinking along those lines but has anyone seen of heard of any issues like this?
Old 02-11-2007, 07:54 AM
Contributors

My Ride: Mini Cooper

noise on the screen, 1st I hear about it.
sorry cant help you there but take it back to the dealers and get them to fix it
Old 02-11-2007, 11:16 PM
Members

Best way to go is to remove any "non-BMW's part" from your car before sending it to dealer . Let's just say for your case, it has to do with programming on the MOST network, which is where you installed the NavtoGo Module. The dealer can simply blame on the non-BMW part module and void your warranty. :'(
Old 02-12-2007, 12:07 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by da_pong' post='390504' date='Feb 12 2007, 04:16 PM
Best way to go is to remove any "non-BMW's part" from your car before sending it to dealer . Let's just say for your case, it has to do with programming on the MOST network, which is where you installed the NavtoGo Module. The dealer can simply blame on the non-BMW part module and void your warranty. :'(
thats right any non bmw parts they will not fix your car :thumbsdown:
Old 02-16-2007, 07:47 PM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: G30 M550i
Model Year: 2018

Can you describe the noise more specifically? I just got my car back from getting reprogrammed with 24.00 and sometimes there is a "noise" on the screen too. There are wavy lines throughout the screen but they're more noticeable on the text. This never happened before, that's for sure.

At first I thought it had to do with the cold weather but I've seen the noise come and go both when the car is cold and when warm. I was able to let the technician see it today so at least he knows I'm not crazy.

I don't have any non-BMW electronics in the car and just to test things fully, I completely powered off my paired BlackBerry but it didn't make a difference...
Old 02-17-2007, 03:19 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Rudy' post='392469' date='Feb 17 2007, 12:47 PM
Can you describe the noise more specifically? I just got my car back from getting reprogrammed with 24.00 and sometimes there is a "noise" on the screen too. There are wavy lines throughout the screen but they're more noticeable on the text. This never happened before, that's for sure.

At first I thought it had to do with the cold weather but I've seen the noise come and go both when the car is cold and when warm. I was able to let the technician see it today so at least he knows I'm not crazy.

I don't have any non-BMW electronics in the car and just to test things fully, I completely powered off my paired BlackBerry but it didn't make a difference...
ooo sounds like a software f**kup again, before eyebrow and now LCD, O well hope they have a new software 24.01 or something like that that fixs it.
good luck.
Old 02-28-2007, 05:47 PM
Super Moderator

Well it's a little too early to tell for sure but after submitting a PuMA case about this problem, they were instructed to replace a capacitor within the power cable for the CID (central informational display) located between the CID and instrument cluster. For once, it might not have been software after all!
Old 03-01-2007, 05:44 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Rudy' post='396975' date='Feb 28 2007, 09:47 PM
Well it's a little too early to tell for sure but after submitting a PuMA case about this problem, they were instructed to replace a capacitor within the power cable for the CID (central informational display) located between the CID and instrument cluster. For once, it might not have been software after all!
I thought it might have been to early to tell. or maybe I jinxed things by my last post...the noise is still present as of this morning...
Old 03-15-2007, 09:46 AM
Members

Originally Posted by Rudy' post='397113' date='Mar 1 2007, 09:44 AM
I thought it might have been to early to tell. or maybe I jinxed things by my last post...the noise is still present as of this morning...

I am having the same problem. Do you have a PuMA case ID and was the problem ever resolved? It is pretty annoying in my case.

Thanks,

-- JM.
Old 03-15-2007, 06:24 PM
Super Moderator

Here's the latest update -- they replaced the CID and I haven't noticed the problem the last couple days. They basically re-opened the PUMA case they started the first time the car was in for the problem. As you can see above, the capacitor they changed behind the instrument cluster was the first remedy that the PUMA people came up with but once they learned that didn't solve it, they went ahead and authorized a replacement screen...

Quick Reply: Noise in I Drive Screen