E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

No Bass?!

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2005, 03:14 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 06 530i. Silver Grey/Black/Poplar- Cold Weather - Sport - Premium - HUD - Comfort Access - Comfort Seats - PDC - Automatic - Nav

Just got my car back after having sirius and aux audio installed. Now the stereo sounds like junk. No bass very tin can sounding. Audio controlls are where they used to be. Non-logic 7 system nav. Sounds like an amp isnt firing up or something.

Guess I'll be bringing it back in tommorow. Always something with these guys. After waiting there today for 2 hours after they said it was done. They didnt install the aux audio because someone said it wasnt compatible w/ a CCC based system. I told them to just install it and low and behold aux input!
Old 12-27-2005, 03:28 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2006 550i Titanium Silver, Black Dakota Leather, Aluminum Cube Trim, M Sport Pkg, Premium Pkg, Comfort Access, Head Up Display, Steptronic, Comfort Seats, Rear Heated Seats, Through Load, Park Distance Control, Navigation , HK Logic 7, etc

sounds like they work for NASA!
Old 12-27-2005, 07:42 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 545iSMGSilver GrayAuburn Dakota LeatherLogic 7 Premium SoundSports Package

Oh ya heard of it... they screwed up with some wire.. I forget exactlly what it was... let me see if I can find it for you.
Old 12-27-2005, 07:58 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 545iSMGSilver GrayAuburn Dakota LeatherLogic 7 Premium SoundSports Package

Here you go check post #9

http://forums.e60.net/index.php?showtopic=18360&hl=
Old 12-27-2005, 08:12 PM
Members

My Ride: 06 530i. Silver Grey/Black/Poplar- Cold Weather - Sport - Premium - HUD - Comfort Access - Comfort Seats - PDC - Automatic - Nav

Yeah.. mine is across the board no bass. AM/CD/FM/SAT/AUX Sounds like they screwed something up.. I'll bring it by tommorow morning and have them look at it.. Hopefully i wont have to wait X hours for them to reprogram something
Old 12-28-2005, 01:08 AM
Members

My Ride: 2006 BMW 525i - Silver Gray Metallic - Black Leather - Poplar Trim - Steptronic - Sport Package - Premium Package - Xenon Adaptive Headlights - Satellite Radio Prep - Rear Bumper Reflectors

Originally Posted by dfunk' post='216171' date='Dec 27 2005, 09:12 PM
Yeah.. mine is across the board no bass. AM/CD/FM/SAT/AUX Sounds like they screwed something up.. I'll bring it by tommorow morning and have them look at it.. Hopefully i wont have to wait X hours for them to reprogram something
Very strange! About one week ago I had my E60 brought into the dealer to have an aux input installed (took 3 days because of programming issues and the tech not knowing that he had to change the pin locations on the connector thing). After I got my car back, the subwoofers no longer worked (no bass) throughout the whole radio: FM, AM, CD, WB, AUX! The technician then told me that the amplifier needed to be replaced. I'm currently waiting for the amplifier to arrive... and yes, programming wil be required again.

Does this technician know what he is doing or did he just assume that it's the amp? He said he performed a current test on the amp but found no current. The fuse to the amp was checked and was not blown. I hope he's right. Listening to songs like "Pon de Replay" sounds weird without bass.

Oh, my system is the non-Logic 7 (standard 10 speaker system). No navigation.

Makes me so mad. Why can't such a prestigious car like the 5 series have aux input standard, causing so many owners to go through all of this?!? Also seems like everything needs programming in this car. I sure hope my first oil change won't require programming as well!!
Old 12-28-2005, 01:12 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2006 550i Titanium Silver, Black Dakota Leather, Aluminum Cube Trim, M Sport Pkg, Premium Pkg, Comfort Access, Head Up Display, Steptronic, Comfort Seats, Rear Heated Seats, Through Load, Park Distance Control, Navigation , HK Logic 7, etc

yes that's brutal! wonder if my 550 being built in january has it already?
Old 12-28-2005, 09:28 AM
Members

Originally Posted by PotatoAddict' post='216216
Very strange! About one week ago I had my E60 brought into the dealer to have an aux input installed (took 3 days because of programming issues and the tech not knowing that he had to change the pin locations on the connector thing). After I got my car back, the subwoofers no longer worked (no bass) throughout the whole radio: FM, AM, CD, WB, AUX! The technician then told me that the amplifier needed to be replaced. I'm currently waiting for the amplifier to arrive... and yes, programming wil be required again.

Does this technician know what he is doing or did he just assume that it's the amp? He said he performed a current test on the amp but found no current. The fuse to the amp was checked and was not blown. I hope he's right. Listening to songs like "Pon de Replay" sounds weird without bass.

Oh, my system is the non-Logic 7 (standard 10 speaker system). No navigation.

Makes me so mad. Why can't such a prestigious car like the 5 series have aux input standard, causing so many owners to go through all of this?!? Also seems like everything needs programming in this car. I sure hope my first oil change won't require programming as well!!
[/quote]

Its also a part that is listed in the 5 series accessories catalog. Seems like they would have all of this shit worked out..
Old 12-28-2005, 12:12 PM
Senior Members

no kidding! It's just a stereo! Like get it working!!