E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

NEW YEARs just went down hill for me!

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2009, 09:10 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by MiamiPhill' post='758771' date='Jan 3 2009, 09:33 PM
Never leave without calling the cops.......less headache if the dude starts to act up.
+ 1 ( I had bad experience with these kids, It happened to me last new year and the guy never paid ) , they guy backed up his pick up and hit my car (not my BMW) . When I called the cops he was pleading not to (as he was drunk) and was willing to pay for my damages, but did end up not paying)
Old 01-03-2009, 09:10 PM
Senior Members

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: 545I SMG

I've learned, going through insurance is so much easier. Wish you the best of luck on getting him to pay.
Old 01-03-2009, 09:17 PM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: F10 535I
Model Year: 2016

Ohh Dude. So sorry to hear that... hopefully he will take care of everything and everything will work out..
Old 01-03-2009, 11:16 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2006, US Spec, 530i, Silver Gray, Black leather, Anthricite headliner, Steptronic, Navi Pro, PDC, Comfort Seats, Rear Heated Seats, Rear Shades, Folding Rear Seats, Bluetooth w/Blackberrt Torch, AUX Input, Bi-Xenon, AIB Angel Eyes w/matching fogs, summer wheels R118 w/PS2 tires, winter wheels R138 w/Michelin PA3 snows

he backed into you? you just had to park directly behind him? bummer! sorry but it's an easy fix.
Old 01-04-2009, 01:26 AM
Contributors

He is probably on some Corolla forum talking about, "First Christmas, now this...."

I almost feel bad for people who live life that thoughtlessly - all you have to do is pay attention to your surroundings and you won't back into anything.

If the guy is legit with his promise to pay for it, you are very smart to keep insurance and lingering records out of the mix.

Glad to hear no one was injured (physically anyhow).

I hope the repair process is swift and thorough.
Old 01-04-2009, 02:05 AM
Senior Members

ALWAYS get a police report, you might be in for a hassle of a time....ouch!
Old 01-04-2009, 06:45 AM
Members

Sorry that it happened, I've been through this where a kid talking to her "BFF" smacked right into me and wanted to not go through insurance. It turned into a PIA and given that the damage is probably $1500- 2000, if the guy balks - report it immediately.
We have way too many folks running aorund here with no D/L, bogus D/L's , matricular consular cards, no insurance and bogus evidence of insurance cards...
Good luck and hope it works out.....

Just putting on my education hat for a minute... :-)
=========
Usually in you state something like the following applies:
You must exchange information with the other driver.
Your name and D/L
The VIN, the name and address of the car?s R/O,
Name and address of your insurance company and your insurance policy number _ I've never run across evidence of a bond on a non commercial vehicle....
Get Names of any passengers and photographs - remember to photograph any passengers or lack of passengers - a 5 passenger vehicle suddenly has 6 people in it complaining of soft tisue injury comes to mind.

Normally get a police report, in some areas that's not possible - LA only rolls if there is a complaint of injury or city property involved.
So complain about neck pain, knee pain something...

I know this is questionable - but if the other party reports and you don't .............
Report the accident to your insurance company.

For California you and the other driver must report the accident to the DMV within 10 days on an SR-1 if:

The damage to either car is more than $750; or anyone is injured or killed in the accident.
Old 01-04-2009, 07:06 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 550i manual
Model Year: 2008
Engine: V8

Originally Posted by Coral528i' post='759034' date='Jan 4 2009, 10:45 AM
Sorry that it happened, I've been through this where a kid talking to her "BFF" smacked right into me and wanted to not go through insurance. It turned into a PIA and given that the damage is probably $1500- 2000, if the guy balks - report it immediately.
We have way too many folks running aorund here with no D/L, bogus D/L's , matricular consular cards, no insurance and bogus evidence of insurance cards...
Good luck and hope it works out.....

Just putting on my education hat for a minute... :-)
=========
Usually in you state something like the following applies:
You must exchange information with the other driver.
Your name and D/L
The VIN, the name and address of the car?s R/O,
Name and address of your insurance company and your insurance policy number _ I've never run across evidence of a bond on a non commercial vehicle....
Get Names of any passengers and photographs - remember to photograph any passengers or lack of passengers - a 5 passenger vehicle suddenly has 6 people in it complaining of soft tisue injury comes to mind.

Normally get a police report, in some areas that's not possible - LA only rolls if there is a complaint of injury or city property involved.
So complain about neck pain, knee pain something...

I know this is questionable - but if the other party reports and you don't .............
Report the accident to your insurance company.

For California you and the other driver must report the accident to the DMV within 10 days on an SR-1 if:

The damage to either car is more than $750; or anyone is injured or killed in the accident.
well i got his D/L Address, phone number email, vin insurance policy #, and the vin on the insurance matched his car, + i got his to write a promissory note with his signature.... so if he does try to back out I'll bring insurance in or i'll sure his because i have it in writing he would pay for everything.
Old 01-04-2009, 07:50 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 530i
Model Year: 2004

Sorry to hear about your misfortune for the new year. Hope everything works out the best for you.

+1 to get a police report. Reason #1) I don't trust strangers. #2) Especially in this economy, a lot of people are abandoning their auto policy to save money. This means there are a lot more uninsured drivers on the road.
Old 01-04-2009, 07:51 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 550i manual
Model Year: 2008
Engine: V8

Originally Posted by theXman' post='759074' date='Jan 4 2009, 11:50 AM
Sorry to hear about your misfortune for the new year. Hope everything works out the best for you.

+1 to get a police report. Reason #1) I don't trust strangers. #2) Especially in this economy, a lot of people are abandoning their auto policy to save money. This means there are a lot more uninsured drivers on the road.

didnt think about that hopefully there wouldnt be a next time but if there is police report right away!

Quick Reply: NEW YEARs just went down hill for me!