E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New tires - my opinion

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2008, 09:24 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2004 (7/04) 545i 6-Spd Manual Metallic Silver Gray with Gray Interior Premium Pkg, Premium Sound, Sport Pkg, Cold Weather, Active Steering, Navigation, Rear Sunshades, Folding Rear Seats, Rear Side Shades, Logic 7, Comfort Seats, Rear Heated Seats, HUD, Rear Side Airbags, PDC, Bluetooth Retrofit Exterior: Venture Clear Bra, Bright Angel Eyes, Euro Reflectors, Blackened Grill, VMR 713 19" Staggered with General UHPs, 13% tint rear windows Engine: K&N Air Filter, Deleted Carbon Filter , RPI Scoop, RPI Exhaust

Hi all

After many days of thinking about getting a new set of 19" wheels and tires , I bailed out for only replacing my 18" RFT with a new set of regular tires.

I almost read all the reviews available and end up selecting the cheapest tire which seem to give the best performance
Here it is, I paid $900 for a set of 4 staggered set for my 04 545

http://www.sumitomotire.com/theline/produc...=per&id=42#

Looks great
traction AA and tread is 340
very very quite
very soft ride wrt RFTs, it is very comfortable
It is very reactive to steering and handles well when cornering
I get some lateral slipping but I am not sure if I am taking the turns faster or not. In any case it is predictable, the DSC kicks in

My other options were bridgestone pole positions and Goodyear F1s, but they are too expensive

I will post another review after the first rotation , ask me if you have any q's
My other options was bridge stone pole position and yokohama advan, but I am happy with sumitomos.

I will post another message after te first rotation.
Old 05-01-2008, 06:28 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2006 530i Sport Silver Gray - Black Leather - Anthracite Maple Manual Transmission Premium Audio Cold Weather Package Rear sunshade Sirius Radio Autobahnd Roadblock (3M) film kit

Originally Posted by leventor' post='572092' date='May 1 2008, 01:24 AM
Hi all

After many days of thinking about getting a new set of 19" wheels and tires , I bailed out for only replacing my 18" RFT with a new set of regular tires.

I almost read all the reviews available and end up selecting the cheapest tire which seem to give the best performance
Here it is, I paid $900 for a set of 4 staggered set for my 04 545

http://www.sumitomotire.com/theline/produc...=per&id=42#

Looks great
traction AA and tread is 340
very very quite
very soft ride wrt RFTs, it is very comfortable
It is very reactive to steering and handles well when cornering
I get some lateral slipping but I am not sure if I am taking the turns faster or not. In any case it is predictable, the DSC kicks in

My other options were bridgestone pole positions and Goodyear F1s, but they are too expensive

I will post another review after the first rotation , ask me if you have any q's
My other options was bridge stone pole position and yokohama advan, but I am happy with sumitomos.

I will post another message after te first rotation.

Nice! I have been suggesting someone try these for a while now. I used to run the older HTR ZII on my last car and liked them. Tire Rack loved the tires you just bought (HTR ZIII) - they rated them highest among summer tires.

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tests/...ay.jsp?ttid=93
Old 05-01-2008, 06:38 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by UUronL' post='572247' date='May 1 2008, 09:28 AM
Nice! I have been suggesting someone try these for a while now. I used to run the older HTR ZII on my last car and liked them. Tire Rack loved the tires you just bought (HTR ZIII) - they rated them highest among summer tires.

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tests/...ay.jsp?ttid=93
WHAT SIZE DID U RUN IN THE REARS?
Old 05-05-2008, 10:38 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 (7/04) 545i 6-Spd Manual Metallic Silver Gray with Gray Interior Premium Pkg, Premium Sound, Sport Pkg, Cold Weather, Active Steering, Navigation, Rear Sunshades, Folding Rear Seats, Rear Side Shades, Logic 7, Comfort Seats, Rear Heated Seats, HUD, Rear Side Airbags, PDC, Bluetooth Retrofit Exterior: Venture Clear Bra, Bright Angel Eyes, Euro Reflectors, Blackened Grill, VMR 713 19" Staggered with General UHPs, 13% tint rear windows Engine: K&N Air Filter, Deleted Carbon Filter , RPI Scoop, RPI Exhaust

Originally Posted by alpina04' post='572254' date='May 1 2008, 07:38 AM
WHAT SIZE DID U RUN IN THE REARS?

I have the staggered setup. 275/35/18