E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

New Solution to door squeeks

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2004, 01:49 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down

Hey guys, Im sure if you read this board you know I have been to the dealer about 6 times for the door squeek issue. Well I just got the car back today and supposedly I am the 1st car in the country ( USA ) that this solution has been tired on. It has to do with something with lubing the window channel and adjusting it as well as the regular door seal treatment. BMW is working with me on a day by day basis to analyze the results of this procedure. So far so good but then again the regular carboflo treatment always worked for a few days also. I will check back in every few days with updates.

Also if anyone is getting squeaks from the rear seat somewhere and cant really determine where its from try the follwing: Fold down the arm rest and right in front of the storage compartment there is a slot/ handle made of plastic that u can slide your hand into. Kinda push foward on that slot wall towards the front of the car and press down on the top of that plastic section to the front of the armrest. It should squeak and immitate what you are hearing. If it does the shop foreman said try A lubricant spray or some leather conditioner. It doesnt make much sense to me since its the plastic thats making those noise, but I figured I would relay the info. Look foward to these things helping all of us hopefully ( fingers crossed ) Take care everyone.
Old 10-19-2004, 02:18 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Discount-Eyewear' date='Oct 19 2004, 11:49 AM
Hey guys, Im sure if you read this board you know I have been to the dealer about 6 times for the door squeek issue. Well I just got the car back today and supposedly I am the 1st car in the country ( USA ) that this solution has been tired on. It has to do with something with lubing the window channel and adjusting it as well as the regular door seal treatment. BMW is working with me on a day by day basis to analyze the results of this procedure. So far so good but then again the regular carboflo treatment always worked for a few days also. I will check back in every few days with updates.

Also if anyone is getting squeaks from the rear seat somewhere and cant really determine where its from try the follwing: Fold down the arm rest and right in front of the storage compartment there is a slot/ handle made of plastic that u can slide your hand into. Kinda push foward on that slot wall towards the front of the car and press down on the top of that plastic section to the front of the armrest. It should squeak and immitate what you are hearing. If it does the shop foreman said try A lubricant spray or some leather conditioner. It doesnt make much sense to me since its the plastic thats making those noise, but I figured I would relay the info. Look foward to these things helping all of us hopefully ( fingers crossed ) Take care everyone.
[snapback]46808[/snapback]
hope the noise won't come back again .
Old 10-19-2004, 05:22 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 545i 6 spd Sports Package | NAV | PDC | Logic 7 | BT retrofit | SW V13.3

Originally Posted by Discount-Eyewear' date='Oct 19 2004, 02:49 PM

[snapback]46808[/snapback]
I hope your noises go away discount-eyewear. Like I said in a pervious post, I have a tube of CarbFlo in the car. I wipe the top part of the door seal (the felt section) with the tube. Presto noise gone. Thanks for the tip on the back seat. Fortunately, I don't have that problem.....Yet
Old 10-19-2004, 07:11 PM
Senior Members

"It doesnt make much sense to me since its the plastic thats making those noise, but I figured I would relay the info. Look foward to these things helping all of us hopefully ( fingers crossed ) Take care everyone.
"

Hi Discount-Eyewear. You might be surprised. I also have a squeaking driver's seat. I have been trying to hunt down the origin of the noise for quite some time. Last week, I found out that I can recreate the same noise by press hard on the seat back, making the leather rub against the plastic back panel edges. lo-and-behold! the squeaking noise came up !!!

FYI

Bunbun