E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

New Ride...Need some help with mods...

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2008 | 04:48 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by C's Bimmer' post='643262' date='Aug 9 2008, 07:44 PM
He said it comes standard on the 550i Sport. Therefore, you both are in agreement so nobody is wrong. You are both right.

Car looks great. Aside from wheels, which is a MUST, you should swap the chrome trim for Shadowline. It's cheap (order it from Garry Romani at BMW of Newport). Those 2 things alone will completely transform the look of the car from a non-sport, to a very classy, sport model (assuming you don't get chromed out wheels ).

Ah, I don't have the money. I think the rims are fine, but of course they could be better. My bud who took the pics for me with his camera told me the rims on his Hyundai Sonata were better.
Old 08-09-2008 | 04:51 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 Silverstone II E60 M5 2012 E70 AW X5 50i Sport w/ LCI Aero Kit and Rocker Panels

Originally Posted by E60714' post='643264' date='Aug 9 2008, 08:48 PM
My bud who took the pics for me with his camera told me the rims on his Hyundai Sonata were better.
Hahahaha! Tell your friend not to be jealous.
Old 08-09-2008 | 05:56 PM
Members
Senior Members

My Ride: MY07 525xi Silver Gray
Model Year: 2007

Ahhh hey.... howdy fellow xi member... !
Old 08-09-2008 | 06:56 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by C's Bimmer' post='643265
Ahhh hey.... howdy fellow xi member... !
Oh, I know. Everyone seems to have the i's, but for those Chicago winters, especially the one it had this winter while I was away at school, make an xi a necessity....or a convenience, I'm sure an i would make it out alive as well.
Old 08-09-2008 | 07:11 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 e60 M5 Replica Titanium Silver Premium Package Premium Sound Package Adaptive Xenon's Apple iPhone cell interactive pared with iDrive Bluetooth setting 19 inch BMW OEM 166M rims, Michelin tires Sprint Booster - V2 Fidelity / BMW Extended Warranty 7 year / 100,000 miles

Originally Posted by E60714' post='629380' date='Jul 21 2008, 05:46 PM
All right, I saw a 16 year-old on here get bashed for his thread on his Bimmer, so I'll go ahead and mention this right up front. I'm 19 and I got a 535xi for my birthday about two weeks ago. Yeah, "someone" bought it for me, but I don't feel the need to defend myself in saying that I didn't ask for it, I was offered it, something which also happens quite rarely. Anyways, with that being said, I'm enjoying the ride, I joined a couple of days ago and after seeing all these pics of 5ers with mods it kinda had me thinking about how I could make my car "unique," I guess would be the term.

Now, I don't "someone" will be plopping down more cash for me to blow on extras for the car, which is understandable, so keep in mind that I can't go all out for a new Dinan suspension or anything. I've been looking at sites, mostly just for laughs, like Alpina and Dinan and then Bavauto, the first two being ridiculously expensive and Bav having nothing.

I don't anything particular in mind as far as what I want done. No offense to those with the M-Aero kit, but I think having that exact aero kit kinda makes it like a wannabe M5. Maybe it's just me and my silly complexes, but if I were to invest in a kit it would be something, again, "unique." I'm fine with the car's rims but I know those are expensive so if I wanted to change those i may end up blowing everything on 1500 rims. Then there's the intake, exhaust, exhaust tips, etc. I live in Chicago, go to school in Auburn, and I'm not taking the Bimmer down there, atleast not this year, so it'll be driven in the snow. I did not know of this or hear of this before, but someone mentioned cold air intakes during the winter freeze up without a heater? My dad may take it for a spin three times a week or so, so I don't see that happening, but in case he doesn't is it possible??

I'll post up pics if need be, sadly I misplaced the battery charger to the camera and the battery is dead. I'll figure it out, I'll use the camera phone if need be. But I don't think pics would be necessary, but if they are just let me know. I'll submit myself and say that I don't know that much about the technical parts of cars, so I may ask silly questions from time to time. Plus, we're originally a Lexus family so this would be our first Bimmer too. So bear with me at times.

============================

...bump...
Old 08-09-2008 | 07:11 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 e60 M5 Replica Titanium Silver Premium Package Premium Sound Package Adaptive Xenon's Apple iPhone cell interactive pared with iDrive Bluetooth setting 19 inch BMW OEM 166M rims, Michelin tires Sprint Booster - V2 Fidelity / BMW Extended Warranty 7 year / 100,000 miles
Talking

Originally Posted by E60714' post='629380' date='Jul 21 2008, 05:46 PM
All right, I saw a 16 year-old on here get bashed for his thread on his Bimmer, so I'll go ahead and mention this right up front. I'm 19 and I got a 535xi for my birthday about two weeks ago. Yeah, "someone" bought it for me, but I don't feel the need to defend myself in saying that I didn't ask for it, I was offered it, something which also happens quite rarely. Anyways, with that being said, I'm enjoying the ride, I joined a couple of days ago and after seeing all these pics of 5ers with mods it kinda had me thinking about how I could make my car "unique," I guess would be the term.

Now, I don't "someone" will be plopping down more cash for me to blow on extras for the car, which is understandable, so keep in mind that I can't go all out for a new Dinan suspension or anything. I've been looking at sites, mostly just for laughs, like Alpina and Dinan and then Bavauto, the first two being ridiculously expensive and Bav having nothing.

I don't anything particular in mind as far as what I want done. No offense to those with the M-Aero kit, but I think having that exact aero kit kinda makes it like a wannabe M5. Maybe it's just me and my silly complexes, but if I were to invest in a kit it would be something, again, "unique." I'm fine with the car's rims but I know those are expensive so if I wanted to change those i may end up blowing everything on 1500 rims. Then there's the intake, exhaust, exhaust tips, etc. I live in Chicago, go to school in Auburn, and I'm not taking the Bimmer down there, atleast not this year, so it'll be driven in the snow. I did not know of this or hear of this before, but someone mentioned cold air intakes during the winter freeze up without a heater? My dad may take it for a spin three times a week or so, so I don't see that happening, but in case he doesn't is it possible??

I'll post up pics if need be, sadly I misplaced the battery charger to the camera and the battery is dead. I'll figure it out, I'll use the camera phone if need be. But I don't think pics would be necessary, but if they are just let me know. I'll submit myself and say that I don't know that much about the technical parts of cars, so I may ask silly questions from time to time. Plus, we're originally a Lexus family so this would be our first Bimmer too. So bear with me at times.

============================

Dear E60714,

Welcome to the BMW e60 forum!! I have found in the past few years that this is one great BMW e60 forum!!

Good luck in your 2008 fall semester at Auburn University!! "GO ROLL TIDE!!!" Just kidding!! (LOL)

If you have any questions about your new BMW either: post your question here, or feel free to IM me, Congratulations on your new 535i!!

e60 Forum member

Eddie Presley