E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

New Photos: Wife's New Camera

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2005, 11:11 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2014 X5 xDrive 5.0 M Package Carbon Black Metallic/2008 M Roadster Imola Red

Hi Friends:

My wife just received her new camera mentioned in the topic lines on Friday. She is an experienced photographer and is learning her new camera. So, here is what we came up with on its second significant voyage--given some Photoshopping. Of course, the megapixels don't matter on the photos since they are saved for the Web at 72 dpi. The photos show my B&B exhaust tips, BMW style 101's, PS2s, Drei tint, and new flash/radar-defeating license-plate cover. We did no bluring of the license number except on one side of one of the pics. The 85 RX-7 sneaked into one of the photos.

My car has not been washed since late July and is used pretty much daily, although it does not sit out for extended periods. Let's hear it for Phoenix; I don't like having to spend a lot of time washing cars. Today I did car dusting, quick detailing where needed (mainly the area of the car below the doors and the seam behind the wheels), wheel cleaning, window cleaning, and rubber protecting/dressing. I sort of like doing these chores. I hope you are not too bored with seeing more pics of my car.
Attached Thumbnails New Photos: Wife's New Camera-front1_545i.jpg   New Photos: Wife's New Camera-rear3_545i.jpg   New Photos: Wife's New Camera-side1_545i.jpg   New Photos: Wife's New Camera-rear1_545i.jpg   New Photos: Wife's New Camera-front2_545i.jpg  

New Photos: Wife's New Camera-rear2_545i.jpg  
Old 10-30-2005, 11:16 AM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: G30 M550i
Model Year: 2018

Looks nice!

What did you do in Photoshop?
Old 10-30-2005, 11:25 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2014 X5 xDrive 5.0 M Package Carbon Black Metallic/2008 M Roadster Imola Red

Originally Posted by Rudy' date='Oct 30 2005, 03:16 PM
Looks nice!

What did you do in Photoshop?
[snapback]190952[/snapback]
Thanks much Rudy. My wife teaches Photoshop, but she did not have much time to spare today. She is the main Photoshopper. She/we did the shadow/highlight adjustment beyond the default settings, converted the image size and resolution for the Web (11" width and 72 dpi), burned and dodged a few areas, and cropped the bottoms of several pics. The main thing done was the shadow/highlight adjustment. The wheels don't show up as clearly as I would like in several so we may go back and work on them later.
Old 10-30-2005, 11:48 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 545iSMGSilver GrayAuburn Dakota LeatherLogic 7 Premium SoundSports Package

I want that camera.

See no lie!

http://forums.e60.net/index.php?showtopic=...ndpost&p=167697

http://forums.e60.net/index.php?showtopic=...ndpost&p=145126
Old 10-30-2005, 12:02 PM
Senior Members

Nice

You haven't washed it since July ?? That's pretty amazing.. I washed our E60 this friday, after 2 ? weeks of not washing, and it did look terrible !! Bad weather!

What a nice place you live, with that weather!
Old 10-30-2005, 12:04 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by EBMCS03' date='Oct 30 2005, 03:48 PM
I know where you can get one. ~{;^) Actually, we didn't shop at all. I've gotten used to simply using OneCall. OneCall had a decent price including some rebates, etc. Thanks for posting the links. Neat photos and conversations.
Old 10-30-2005, 12:10 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by E60Sim' date='Oct 30 2005, 04:02 PM
Nice?

You haven't washed it since July ?? That's pretty amazing.. I washed our E60 this friday, after 2 ? weeks of not washing, and it did look terrible !! Bad weather!

What a nice place you live, with that weather!
[snapback]190971[/snapback]
It really is amazing. One good thing about Phoenix is that it does not rain much. One bad thing about Phoenix is that it does not rain much.
Old 10-30-2005, 12:17 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by EBMCS03' date='Oct 30 2005, 03:48 PM
I was just noticing again how much different images can look from one monitor to another and also how much different they can look at different monitor angles. The images look quite different on my iBook versus both our Gateway desktop and my older Dell Inspiron. I think they look better on the Windows machines this time around. Sometimes, I think my images look better on the iBook. Some of the current images have a sort of green tint to them on the iBook. They look more like the color of my car on the Windows machines. My wife says the Windows monitors give the photos a blueish tint and that they look more natural on the iBook. She is much better than I am with color.

What are your observations knowing what silver gray looks like? And, what kind of monitor are you using?
Old 10-30-2005, 01:27 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 545iSMGSilver GrayAuburn Dakota LeatherLogic 7 Premium SoundSports Package

Originally Posted by donv' date='Oct 30 2005, 02:17 PM
What are your observations knowing what silver gray looks like? And, what kind o monitor are you using?
[snapback]190974[/snapback]

I really cant comment as I only use a windows based machine. It seems like your pics are taken on a very very bright day. whats the Metadata on the images? (Exposure Time, F-Number, ISO) all have an effect on how accurate a camera captures the correct color. I dont play much with photoshop adjusting the values, cuz I really dont know how. I only have a limited knowledge using photoshop. I like taking pics on gloomy days... they turn out the best. Dusk is a good time.

Oh and I'm still using a cheap 17" CRT monitor.
Old 10-30-2005, 02:07 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 545i; Manual Shifter

donv,

Great pictures! The camera takes really sharp photographs.
As for the color issue on the desktop Gateway or iBook, I believe all Photoshop suites have a monitor calibration tool. Your Titanium Silver e60 looks great on my monitor. J/K
I'm sure your wife knows of the monitor calibration tool since she is involved in post-processing.

Like EBMCS03 mentioned, I have found that the best outdoor photographs are taken in the afternoon, on a semi-cloudy day. This helps cut down on overexposure. Otherwise, a polarizer on the lens would help.

Quick Reply: New Photos: Wife's New Camera