E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

NEW PHOTOS OF MY RIDE-PLATINUM GREY

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2008 | 06:10 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2011 M3 Convertible, Alpine White/black, 6 speed 2011 535xi Tasmin Green, Venetian Beige

Really nice. The only thing is that I would have it serviced elsewhere. Prestige has the absolute WORST service department. I never had anything on my M3 fixed right the first time and when it was out of warranty, they tried to rip me off on service and repairs several times.
Old 05-09-2008 | 10:08 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 535xi / Platinum Grey / Black leather / Step Auto / Sport / Premium / Cold weather / 18" wheels / Logic 7 / Comfort / ipod / Navigation / Fold Down Rear Seats / Rear Airbags / Sirius SAT / Spoiler / Extended Clear bra / Bluetooth. (Previously owned a 2002 sport 525I Loaded). On order: 535xi Platnium Grey with Black interior, Step Auto, Sports package, Premium package, Cold weather package, 18" wheels, Logic 7, Comfort access, ipod adapt, Navigation, Sat radio, Rear spoiler, Extended Clear coat bra.

Jeffnnj,

So far so good with their service department for me. Sorry you had a bad experience with them.

Irony,

One you have the ipod adapter installed the music shows on the i-drive screen and you control the music and the ipod with the i-drive.
Old 05-09-2008 | 10:29 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2007 525i, mystic blue metallic, black leather interior, dark poplar wood trim, premium package, navigation, iPod, park distance control, voice activation, bluetooth. Mods: Full M-Tech Kit, ACS Rep Rear Window Spoiler, ACS Rep Rear Deck Spoiler, ACS Rep Quad Diffuser, ACS Rep Exhaust Tips, Remus Duel Exhaust, De-badge, 20% Tint Front and Rear, Umnitza Predator Ice V2, HID fog lights, Clear Side Marker Light Bulbs (yellow when on), Dark Poplar Wood Shifter, Dark Poplar Wood e-Brake Handle, Dark Poplar Wood Steering Wheel Inserts, OEM Steel Pedals, OEM M Footrest, 19 inch OEM 121s (Summer), 18 inch 124s (Winter), Shadowline Window Trim, Blacked-out Kidney Grills

Beautiful car!
Old 05-09-2008 | 11:32 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2011 M3 Convertible, Alpine White/black, 6 speed 2011 535xi Tasmin Green, Venetian Beige

Originally Posted by slickrick' post='577327' date='May 9 2008, 02:08 PM
Jeffnnj,

So far so good with their service department for me. Sorry you had a bad experience with them.

Irony,

One you have the ipod adapter installed the music shows on the i-drive screen and you control the music and the ipod with the i-drive.
You know what Rick, one would have been okay. I will give you a few examples. It took them 8 visits to install the correct seat cover to match the rest of the interior when my driver's seat ripped. It took them 5 visits to diagnose and replace my soft top headliner. It took the 6 visits to properly adjust my hard top and when they finally did, it scratched my trim all to hell. Then for my first after warranty service visit they wanted to charge me $270 for a simple oil change because "BMW won't allow us to reset the service light unless we completely inspect the car" something I found out for their field rep was a total lie.
Old 05-09-2008 | 11:38 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 535xi / Platinum Grey / Black leather / Step Auto / Sport / Premium / Cold weather / 18" wheels / Logic 7 / Comfort / ipod / Navigation / Fold Down Rear Seats / Rear Airbags / Sirius SAT / Spoiler / Extended Clear bra / Bluetooth. (Previously owned a 2002 sport 525I Loaded). On order: 535xi Platnium Grey with Black interior, Step Auto, Sports package, Premium package, Cold weather package, 18" wheels, Logic 7, Comfort access, ipod adapt, Navigation, Sat radio, Rear spoiler, Extended Clear coat bra.

Originally Posted by JeffNNJ' post='577379' date='May 9 2008, 03:32 PM
You know what Rick, one would have been okay. I will give you a few examples. It took them 8 visits to install the correct seat cover to match the rest of the interior when my driver's seat ripped. It took them 5 visits to diagnose and replace my soft top headliner. It took the 6 visits to properly adjust my hard top and when they finally did, it scratched my trim all to hell. Then for my first after warranty service visit they wanted to charge me $270 for a simple oil change because "BMW won't allow us to reset the service light unless we completely inspect the car" something I found out for their field rep was a total lie.
I hear what your saying but I believe they've changed allot since then. Check out my sig, I had so many problems with my first 2008 535xi that they finally bought it back and I was able to order a new one from them. It took allot a work but they did it.

Rick...