E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

New Owner - Searched Threads - Still have questions

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2010, 07:28 AM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: G30 M550i
Model Year: 2018

Although you can't go wrong with a pre-LCI car, clearly there were some worthy improvements on 2008 and later (LCI) cars so if you're shopping between two versions, you may want to put some weight on the LCI to help you tip the scales one way or the other...
Old 06-24-2010, 01:07 PM
Former Vendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: M5
Model Year: 2008

Originally Posted by bmw021
Hello,

I am a long time stalker of this site but I have a few questions. I am buying a used 535xi with premium, nav, cold weather, comfort access and sport package, 2008. I have looked forever for these options and finally found it, but here are a few questions I have.

I have searched by the way, but could not find perfect answers to my specific questions

A little help please for an audi convert

1. The warranty will be up in 12,000 miles, shoul I be concerned? The service record shows no Fuel or oil pressure changes just 1 catalytic converter replacement and spark plugs/coil replacement

Go over the majority of your common issues - fluids, oil changes, level of care of PO, etc.

2. I want to put mtech package on car immidately following delivery. What is the best option for this kit, the dealer wants 1,900...

We offer an M5 Tech kit for $800 shipped, and a full M5 Tech with Mtech single output rear for $850 shipped. And will beat any other price if there is a lower one.

3. Are the mtec 550i wheels available for purchase? Are their replicas? Where is a good place to search wheels?

recommend replicas - wait for those (we're currently out of stock) - we have them available for only $575 shipped for 18s, $725 for 19s.

4. What in the Hell is an LCI and why do I care?

Answered above with link. Basically a 2008+ 5 series is an LCI 5 series for the E60.

5. Do I need to update my Nav disc?

Probably not, you should be ok.

6. Do I need to reflash my computer?

referring to what items?

7. Should I have brakes looked at before warranty runs out? Anything Else I should have done?

Is your warranty for all work done on the car? or is your warranty a CPO, or is it the factory warranty? There is a difference

8. Am I missing anything?

If you are modding the car, you can do LED LIcense plate lights, HID fogs, Grills, etc. If you aren't modding, then stay with what you get from the purchase and get used to it first

9. Why does everyone put different HIDs in their lights? Are the new ones reliable?

To change the color of the low beams to better match the angel eyes that you may change and to get more light visiblity from the fog lights.

10. Should I buy extended warranty?

Generally yes, but it's a good idea to get a CPO from BMW - warranty tends to be pretty decent.

11. Where can I find the trunk finisher and spoiler that sticks off flush with the trunk...

We have those available for $99 + shipping.

I used to have an audi rs4 so this is my compromise for a daily driver. I am looking forward to it with these options.

Thanks ahead of time for your help... I look to do serious customizing in the first 3 weeks of ownership.
Give Tim a call

Originally Posted by bmw021
Thank you very much. I like the VMR710's...would these work? My car is space gray so I was thinking Matte Black. SHould I go with 19's or 18's? Also, you reccomend getting the stock kit (oem) vs the umnitiza....Why?

Is my LCi the last update?

How do I search for your particular threads?
The M5 Tech kit we offer is one of the most widely purchased kits on this forum (and many others). You can see the thread in the vendors section.
Old 06-25-2010, 10:10 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok. 1 item down. Just ordered the following:

Mstyle kit from Joe at Trinity. Includes front Bumper, fogs, side skirts and rear bumper with single exhaust like mtec. Also ordered black kidney grills and carbon gray emblems for wheels, hood, trunk and wheel.

Next is to get wheels ordered when the guy calls back.

Also considering hid kit for fogs from member brabusw209amg but I have had poor hid experience in past when switching back and forth between high and low beams...

Tint is scheduled for Friday. I may be able to get this whole project done in July.
Old 06-25-2010, 11:18 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

looks like I am going with vmr 710's. staggered 19 inch setup from Michael...Any thoughts before I pull the trigger? Car is dark gray and I want the gunmetal vmr's...