E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

New Member - Do you like my ride??

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2009, 01:53 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 535d

Originally Posted by PrinceNaz' post='782081' date='Feb 1 2009, 02:59 AM
Thanks dude! It's Saphire Black.

So, any recommendations for future mods??
Also, get the car tinted. A pentagon job (smoke) would be great although I am not sure they will do it up to the A-pillar these days.

cheers
Old 02-01-2009, 02:08 PM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2006 525XI, Jet black on Dakota beige. Premium and winter packages. I consider myself a purist and intend to keep my car absolutely stock and shiny. 2008 328I Convertible, Sapphire black on beige interior. Premium package, NAV, iPod adapter. Retired: 2002 325I, Titanium silver on black leather. Premium package. Absolutely stock and proud of it.

Sweeeeet ride. to the forum.
Old 02-01-2009, 04:05 PM
Members

Originally Posted by pigapumbu' post='782604' date='Feb 1 2009, 10:53 PM
Also, get the car tinted. A pentagon job (smoke) would be great although I am not sure they will do it up to the A-pillar these days.

cheers

Smoke? someone told me i should get 20% tint all around. what u think?
Old 02-01-2009, 04:27 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 535d

Originally Posted by PrinceNaz' post='782689' date='Feb 2 2009, 02:05 AM
Smoke? someone told me i should get 20% tint all around. what u think?
I am not sure about the technical legalities but I do know that we arent allowed to tint between A-pillar and B-pillar. Some people still do it and I think if its not too dark, one could avoid getting pulled over by the cops. Don't quote me on this though.

For more info on legal issue, try this linky..
Type tint on the search and view the pdf on it.

I would be willing to take the chance myself and will be speaking to some tint guys that are local to me and also my insurance company. The latter are sharks when it comes to paying out. If they say its illegal than all bets are off for me to tint the front.

Pentagon who I have used for many years do a light smoke, smoke and midnight film. The light smoke used to be too light a tint while the midnight just too dark. I always went for the smoke tint.

Here is their link. Click on the various tints to get an idea of darkness.

Linky..

My car came with sun protection glass and it looks odd that there is no tint on the front doors. I hate that look. I never had issues with a smoke tint interms of visibility looking out of the car so I can't understand why this law has been put in place. Perhaps some dumb public servant with too much time on their hands.

cheers

ps: The mrear spoiler is going on the boot lid in a weeks time. Already painted. Just waiting for the dealer to book the work in.
Attached Thumbnails New Member - Do you like my ride??-rear.jpg  
Old 02-01-2009, 04:42 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2005 545i E60 Orient Blau Metallic Premium, NAV, Winter Package, Heads Up Display, Logic 7 Audio, AngeliBright Upgrade [White], M5 Body Kit, M Embroidered Seats

ACS Roof spoiler time dude......an easy mod and well worth the looks............................................. .......
Old 02-01-2009, 06:01 PM
Senior Members

Yep, anything in front of the B-pillar that is not factory is illegal in the U.K, although alot of people still have tints upfront. i believe most factory cars have a very light tint on the windows as it is, about 20% i think, so 80% VLT. Naz where u get those taillights tinted? is it a film or spray? Thanks.
Old 02-02-2009, 12:15 AM
Members

Originally Posted by kadafi39' post='782751' date='Feb 2 2009, 03:01 AM
Yep, anything in front of the B-pillar that is not factory is illegal in the U.K, although alot of people still have tints upfront. i believe most factory cars have a very light tint on the windows as it is, about 20% i think, so 80% VLT. Naz where u get those taillights tinted? is it a film or spray? Thanks.

Hey, the taillights are sprayed. Stone Face sprayed them for me! I like the all tinted look, but Stone Face can also make it a lighter tint, u could PM him if ur interested.

I Might still get the front windows tinted, just a very very light tint.
Old 02-02-2009, 01:57 AM
Senior Members

Nice E60. The following things arent going my way:

1. Holes in front bumper
2. Washer caps
3. Black rims
4. Black tail lights

Other than that, its a great car.
Old 02-02-2009, 02:00 AM
Members

My Ride: 2008 525i LCI - saphire black on black dakota leather, dark poplar wood, moonroof, cruise control, electric seats with memory, nokia 6230i bluetooth + cradle, rain sensor, A/C with extended features, extended lights package, PDC, rear power sunshade, AUX Jack, steptronic, M-Tech steering wheel, 10 Airbags, smokers package, DSC, interior and exterior mirror with anti-dazzel function, business radio; power folding mirrors Mods: iPOD (OEM), BMW OEM floor mats, BMW OEM trunk mat, ///M Aerodyamics kit (OEM), 18" rims style 184 (OEM), 245/45 R18 93Y Contisport, ///M boot-lid spoiler (OEM), OEM Headlight washer system Future Mods: Solaris Invisibulbs - Amber Flash all-round; LED interior kit; LED License Plate; The Mrs.: 2009 e90 320i LCI - Carbon Black, Beige leather interior, Dark Poplar Wood, moonroof, cruise control, electric seats with memory, nokia 6233 bluetooth + cradle, extended lights package, rear power sunshade, NEW I-DRIVE with HDD + 2USB Slots +AUX Jack, steptronic, DSC, Smokers package, business radio Mods:BMW OEM floor mats, BMW OEM trunk mat The cars were manufactured in Egypt! :)

kill the holes!!
Old 02-02-2009, 02:06 AM
Members

My Ride: 2008 525i LCI - saphire black on black dakota leather, dark poplar wood, moonroof, cruise control, electric seats with memory, nokia 6230i bluetooth + cradle, rain sensor, A/C with extended features, extended lights package, PDC, rear power sunshade, AUX Jack, steptronic, M-Tech steering wheel, 10 Airbags, smokers package, DSC, interior and exterior mirror with anti-dazzel function, business radio; power folding mirrors Mods: iPOD (OEM), BMW OEM floor mats, BMW OEM trunk mat, ///M Aerodyamics kit (OEM), 18" rims style 184 (OEM), 245/45 R18 93Y Contisport, ///M boot-lid spoiler (OEM), OEM Headlight washer system Future Mods: Solaris Invisibulbs - Amber Flash all-round; LED interior kit; LED License Plate; The Mrs.: 2009 e90 320i LCI - Carbon Black, Beige leather interior, Dark Poplar Wood, moonroof, cruise control, electric seats with memory, nokia 6233 bluetooth + cradle, extended lights package, rear power sunshade, NEW I-DRIVE with HDD + 2USB Slots +AUX Jack, steptronic, DSC, Smokers package, business radio Mods:BMW OEM floor mats, BMW OEM trunk mat The cars were manufactured in Egypt! :)

Originally Posted by PrinceNaz' post='782966' date='Feb 2 2009, 11:15 AM
Hey, the taillights are sprayed. Stone Face sprayed them for me! I like the all tinted look, but Stone Face can also make it a lighter tint, u could PM him if ur interested.

I Might still get the front windows tinted, just a very very light tint.

u can get OEM tinted tail lights or hella ones, they'd look much better

Quick Reply: New Member - Do you like my ride??