E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

new to this... just have some questions

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2008, 06:57 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2005 bmw 530i titanium silver premium and cold weather packages.... ready to do some minor work and still keep it sexy
ok so i just purchased my E60 about a week ago... its a 2005 530i with premium and cold weather packages... i want to do a few mods but nothing crazy

i want to update the taillights to the new 2008 ones... i found some on this website (http://www.umnitza.com/). Does anyone have any experience with them?

also i do want to eventually turn off my drl and brighten the angel eyes and leave them as my drls? any suggestions will help

and last but not least i want to update the bulbs on my fog lights so they match my HIDs. Whats the best way about it?

any help would be greatly appreciated... thanks guys

Attached Thumbnails new to this... just have some questions-angel_eyes.jpg  
Old 04-20-2008, 07:09 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2005 545i /w Sport pkg - SMG - Nav - Premium pkg - PDC - Ready to begin my modding! =)

Originally Posted by slvr_bullet' post='564946' date='Apr 20 2008, 08:57 PM
ok so i just purchased my E60 about a week ago... its a 2005 530i with premium and cold weather packages... i want to do a few mods but nothing crazy

i want to update the taillights to the new 2008 ones... i found some on this website (http://www.umnitza.com/). Does anyone have any experience with them?

also i do want to eventually turn off my drl and brighten the angel eyes and leave them as my drls? any suggestions will help

and last but not least i want to update the bulbs on my fog lights so they match my HIDs. Whats the best way about it?

Slvr_bullet,

Congrats on your purchase and to the forums. Although I dont have any experience with the first 2 questions (YET ) I can tell you I already swapped my fog light bulbs out for Nokya Artic White bulbs (9006) and they are a perfect match to my HID head lamps. The bulbs cost about $30 and the change out was very painless, about 15 minutes work, all you need is a 10"MM socket wrench an you can go in thru the wheel well liners

Do a search on the forum for this and the LCI swap and I am sure you'll find plenty of postings in the DYI section. Plus I am sure some others will chime in.

Good luck and enjoy the new ride!!!
Old 04-20-2008, 07:11 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2007 525i (not LCI) - Alpine white, M sport package, Comfort seats, Logic 7, Bluetooth, Xenon adaptive headlights, PDC, sunroof, A/C with extended features, etc.

Originally Posted by slvr_bullet' post='564946' date='Apr 20 2008, 07:57 PM

about the taillights, the one you found on that website is not the 2008 LCI taillights. Those are just pre-LCI with LED added. If you want to upgrade only your tail lights to the LCI, the best option is to get the tail-lights from a dealer (possibly Garry Romani of BMW of Newport, RI as he gives the best prices) and buy a conversion kit from Bruce Miranda. The whole upgrade will cost about $800.

for your DRL, im not sure if it can be done. it it can, then it has to be programmed by the dealer.

and for fogs, just search around in Part, Accessories, and Mods in teh forum

there has been tons of discussions going on about the LCI taillgihts, so to know more about it, just search around.

and last but not least..post pictures of your car..
Old 04-20-2008, 07:14 PM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2011.5 Alpine White E90 M3 | Black Novillo Leather | Carbon Fiber Leather Trim | ZCP | ZP2 | M-DCT | Navigation | Moonroof | 6FL Mods: TMS 12.5mm spacers all around l Hawk HPS Brake Pads l OEM M3 Edition Grills l Paint Matched Side Gills l Key Hole D

Originally Posted by slvr_bullet' post='564946' date='Apr 20 2008, 07:57 PM

congrats on your new purchase, might want to post your location..members local to you maybe able to point you to places/vendors closer to you...

and here is member bruce miranda's thread regarding an LCI tailight retrofit

http://forums.e60.net/index.php?showtopic=50044
Old 04-20-2008, 07:26 PM
Members

My Ride: 2005 bmw 530i titanium silver premium and cold weather packages.... ready to do some minor work and still keep it sexy

ok thanks so here are some pics...
Attached Thumbnails new to this... just have some questions-angel_eyes.jpg   new to this... just have some questions-192.jpg   new to this... just have some questions-159.jpg   new to this... just have some questions-158.jpg   new to this... just have some questions-154.jpg  

Old 04-20-2008, 07:59 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2007 525i (not LCI) - Alpine white, M sport package, Comfort seats, Logic 7, Bluetooth, Xenon adaptive headlights, PDC, sunroof, A/C with extended features, etc.

IMO, you should change the rims first...