E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

New here... Potential purchase

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2014, 09:07 AM
Members
Senior Members

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts
My Ride: 530i
Model Year: 2004
Engine: M54

Originally Posted by mboat
Well, it goes like this.

The car is advertised/listed as the upgraded CIC system as coming with the car as an option, but not installed. It's priced with the idea in mind that the old CCC system is still installed.
Basically the seller told me it would be more convenient to leave the CIC system in the car so he didn't have to put it back to the old system. He said he was trained how to change it out and he could do it, but would rather not mess with it.

At this point with it installed, it puts the price of the car not out of range to pay for it, but out of the agreed upon budget my wife and I set to spend on a car for me. So the idea being I either get the car without it, or I buy it as is, put the old system back in, and sell off the upgraded system to stay within budget.

But as I'm learning, it's not plug and play, thus making it not as much of an option for me to remove it and sell it off.

I guess I have some decisions to make.
This whole thing sounds like more headache than it's worth, unless you're getting a SCREAMING deal on the car.

So he partially installed CIC even though he knows how to complete the job?!?! sorry, that sounds fishy to me. If you know how to finish it, you finish it and sell the car with CIC upgrade complete. Sounds to me like he got partially into it and can't/won't finish it. If that's the case, the question I would have is what other facets of the car are like that. Yoda was right - you do, or you do not.

Unless you're getting an insane deal on the car, I'd move on to something else.
Old 12-15-2014, 12:08 PM
New Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: No BMW

No, the CIC system is completely installed.

The advertised price is 10k. He's wanting an additional 2k for the installed system, but didn't advertise it as installed. Everything else checks out well on the car. Family went to go look at it for me as I am from out of state from where it's located. Everything I've come to know through the communication with the seller lines up with what my family members saw. If all goes through there will be a pre-purchase inspection to seal the deal.
Old 12-15-2014, 01:14 PM
pcy
Senior Members

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: '06 530i, '07 C280 4matic, '98 ML320

See if the seller would sell the car AS IS (with the installed CIC) for lower price and tell him he can keep the CCC system. He can try to sell CCC components. That way, you don't have to deal with the swap.
Old 12-15-2014, 03:52 PM
twh
Members
Senior Members

Received 44 Likes on 41 Posts
My Ride: 2006 BMW 530xi 6MT
Model Year: 2006
Engine: N52

Is the CIC system fully working? DVD? NAV? hot keys? etc?
Old 12-15-2014, 05:19 PM
Members
Senior Members

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts
My Ride: 530i
Engine: M54

Originally Posted by mboat
No, the CIC system is completely installed.

The advertised price is 10k. He's wanting an additional 2k for the installed system, but didn't advertise it as installed. Everything else checks out well on the car. Family went to go look at it for me as I am from out of state from where it's located. Everything I've come to know through the communication with the seller lines up with what my family members saw. If all goes through there will be a pre-purchase inspection to seal the deal.
OK, I think I understand now.

He has the car priced at 10K, without CIC installed. Except that CIC is installed. In which case he wants 12K. He'll sell the car with CCC installed, except that it isn't currently installed. He really doesn't want to have to swap the CCC back in, so he'd prefer you just pay him 12K. Even though he has the car listed at 10K.

Do I have that right?

Yea, F that. Buy a different car.

Good luck with which ever car you end up with
Old 12-15-2014, 05:30 PM
Members
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: Sold: 545i, sport package, cold weather, 6MT
Engine: N62

Originally Posted by KyleB

Yea, F that. Buy a different car.

Good luck with which ever car you end up with
+1

Who knows what else this guy monkeyed around with. He's trying to pull one over on you right from the get-go. I wouldn't want to roll a couple hundred miles down the road in this thing and find a few more problems. Next he'll be charging you for the tires that are already installed because the list price was for bald tires...
Old 12-15-2014, 07:39 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2006 BMW 550i

Originally Posted by westsidebalto
+1

Who knows what else this guy monkeyed around with. He's trying to pull one over on you right from the get-go. I wouldn't want to roll a couple hundred miles down the road in this thing and find a few more problems. Next he'll be charging you for the tires that are already installed because the list price was for bald tires...
people strip parts off their cars all the time before selling. this guy just happens to offer the next owner the option, its not that out of line.
Old 12-15-2014, 08:03 PM
Members

My Ride: 535
Model Year: 2008

i would really consider getting the car with the CIC, its a much newer system and you will enjoy the car more with a modern navi and all that comes in the idrive.

negotiate the car with the CIC system and let him keep the CCC and pay $10,500.

if he says he can sell the CIC for more, ask him if the guy that will be buying the CIC will also buying the car. Because you are buying the most important part of the deal here!
Old 01-23-2015, 07:37 PM
New Members

My Ride: No BMW

Well, long story short, I bought the car a month ago. Did a deal for that exact price with the CIC installed. I have loved every minute of driving it. It has been an absolute dream. Everything the seller advertised the car to be, was exactly what it was, I'd buy from him again. I'd do this deal again in a heartbeat.
Old 01-24-2015, 12:42 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2006 BMW 550i

congrats

Quick Reply: New here... Potential purchase