E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

New E60 owner with praise, complaints and questions

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2012 | 01:29 PM
Members

Originally Posted by Razor1973
Thank you. I forgot to mention it, but I also wanted to get the angel lights. I guess I'll check them out on their site to see how much they are, how easy they are to install, etc. I can't believe that seeking noise is normal, but I did have it in my 2007 335i too. CPO, so 100K miles.

Ha! True.
Read that CPO warranty small print carefully. I just got a 2010 528i that is CPO, and only drivetrain-related items are covered, not trim, electronics, etc.

That said, I really look forward to hearing more about your project as you progress--and welcome to the forum!
Old 04-07-2012 | 05:08 PM
Members

My Ride: 2008 535i sedan 6MT

Originally Posted by tonyb635
Yes, take a plastic tool for trim, or either wrap a med size screw driver in a cloth. Start on the passenger side edge and pry out in the direction of the rear seats. once the trim at the edge comes off about an inch, then slowly work your way down towards the sterring wheel while pulling back on the trim where you first pulled loose. The trim is only held on with push pins Go slow and watch the trim piece carefully. If it looks like its flexing reduce the pressuring your pulling pressure. You don't want to pull so hard that you warp it. When you come to your main center vents just watch them closely as you are pulling the trim away at the vent. The vent will come with the trim. Why I say this is because mine will sometimes stay back due to a damaged vent clipping and putting back the individual fins is a PINTA! I had mine out today for something and snapped a pic of this area with and without that receiver clip.
Wow! Very useful info. Than you for taking the time!

Originally Posted by Evotivo
I also have the jb4 and DCI from Terry. I recommend it highly. I like the on the fly map switching from the steering wheel. The first time I installed it it took me an hour or so all by myself to install. Now I can probably do it in about 20 minutes. What made me go with jb4 is because it's a piggyback tune so no flashing of your ecu. The dealer cannot detect it if your in map 0. If for some reason you need to take it in for work where they need to get Into the DME just uninstall in about 20 minutes. Other than that just set it to map 0. If you no longer want the tune for some reason just uninstall and sell it. As for the stage three question, I always thought its stage three. Because burger also offers the jb+ (stage 1), jb2 ( stage 2), and jb4( which is an upgrade of the old jb3). Each tune having different levels of performance. I could be wrong though.
I am leaning towards JB4 as well. I will try and find a used one first.

Originally Posted by segesta
Read that CPO warranty small print carefully. I just got a 2010 528i that is CPO, and only drivetrain-related items are covered, not trim, electronics, etc.

That said, I really look forward to hearing more about your project as you progress--and welcome to the forum!
Thank you!
Old 05-20-2012 | 07:37 AM
Members

For those of you who responded and got subscribed to my thread, here's a follow-up. Before and after JB4 PnP install.
Attached Thumbnails New E60 owner with praise, complaints and questions-beforejb4.jpg   New E60 owner with praise, complaints and questions-afterjb4.jpg  
Old 05-22-2012 | 01:40 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2005 545i Alpine White Premium package, Sport package, Nav, HUD, PDC

Originally Posted by Razor1973
For those of you who responded and got subscribed to my thread, here's a follow-up. Before and after JB4 PnP install.
Awesome! Such an amazing engine with untapped hp. Enjoy!
Old 05-23-2012 | 12:05 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: E60 530i

Welcome to forum. Did you ever find out what the 'centrifuge' was? perhaps control arm bushings or bad ball joint. I wouldn't think they'd let a CPO go like that but I've seen CPO's pass with worse.
Old 05-23-2012 | 06:24 AM
Members

Originally Posted by Kaizen
Awesome! Such an amazing engine with untapped hp. Enjoy!
Thank you! (I am!!!)

Originally Posted by AchtungE60
Welcome to forum. Did you ever find out what the 'centrifuge' was? perhaps control arm bushings or bad ball joint. I wouldn't think they'd let a CPO go like that but I've seen CPO's pass with worse.
The problem is still there, since I've done nothing about it, but it seems to be a condition in my tires where the leading edge is raised while the treading edge is worn. I don't remember the name of this. Sorry if I'm not even describing this well. I know nothing of tires.