E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

New Door Seals & More

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2005, 12:04 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2008 Porsche 911 Carrera S Convertible. Midnight Blue, 6 Speed.Retired - 2007 997 Carrera S, Midnight Blue, Grey leather, premium audioRetired - 2007 550i, Monaco Blue over Beige, Navigation, Logic 7, Cold Weather Pack, Comfort Access, Sport Package
Model Year: 2008

I had the seals on mine replaced but the squeaks have started to reappear.... According to my SA I got the updated seals (they had to order them) and they worked great for about 6 weeks but the creaks and squeaks have started up again. Looks like I'm going to have to get them replaced again.......
Old 08-29-2005, 10:18 AM
MAK
Members

Originally Posted by colejl' date='Aug 28 2005, 07:44 PM
[quote name='MAK' date='Aug 26 2005, 11:58 AM']HI
WOULD BE VERY INTERESTED TO HEAR A PROGRESS REPORT ON YOUR DOOR SEAL FIX. I AM STARTING TO HAVE THE SAME CREAKING NOISES FROM THE DOORS ON MY 2003 UK SPEC.? AND AM THINKING OF BOOKING IT IN TO THE DEALER FOR INVESTIGATION. FOR SOME REASON THIS CREAKING IS NOT PRESENT ALL THE TIME BUT SEEMS TO BE MORE EVIDENT WHEN OUTSIDE TEMPRETURES ARE HIGH WHICH IS NOT THAT OFTEN HERE IN SCOTLAND. I HAVE HEARD NOTHING OF A WORLD WIDE RECALL BUT HOPEFULLY IF TRUE WE WILL NOT HAVE TO DRIVE WITH THE RADIO TURNED UP TO HIDE NOISES WHICH SHOULD NOT COME WITH CARS OF THIS CLASS. HAVE ALREADY HAD SOME OTHER RATTLES AND NOISES CURED BY THE DEALER SO HOPE THIS WILL BE AS SUCCESSFUL.
No need to shout!!! I took this TSB Squeaky!!! into my local dealership and they have fixed it... The sound of silence - it's great
[snapback]164418[/snapback]
[/quote]
Hi Colejl
Thanks for that info... It is just a bit off putting when you hear of other members who have had this fix done only to find the same noises returning a short time later. (see the post by swajames) By the way how did your dealer react when you showed them the TSB.....
P.S. Sorry for the noise in the last posting... Still getting to grips with the site and the etiqette.
Old 08-29-2005, 11:40 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by MAK' date='Aug 29 2005, 06:18 PM
[quote name='colejl' date='Aug 28 2005, 07:44 PM'][quote name='MAK' date='Aug 26 2005, 11:58 AM']HI
WOULD BE VERY INTERESTED TO HEAR A PROGRESS REPORT ON YOUR DOOR SEAL FIX. I AM STARTING TO HAVE THE SAME CREAKING NOISES FROM THE DOORS ON MY 2003 UK SPEC.? AND AM THINKING OF BOOKING IT IN TO THE DEALER FOR INVESTIGATION. FOR SOME REASON THIS CREAKING IS NOT PRESENT ALL THE TIME BUT SEEMS TO BE MORE EVIDENT WHEN OUTSIDE TEMPRETURES ARE HIGH WHICH IS NOT THAT OFTEN HERE IN SCOTLAND. I HAVE HEARD NOTHING OF A WORLD WIDE RECALL BUT HOPEFULLY IF TRUE WE WILL NOT HAVE TO DRIVE WITH THE RADIO TURNED UP TO HIDE NOISES WHICH SHOULD NOT COME WITH CARS OF THIS CLASS. HAVE ALREADY HAD SOME OTHER RATTLES AND NOISES CURED BY THE DEALER SO HOPE THIS WILL BE AS SUCCESSFUL.
No need to shout!!! I took this TSB Squeaky!!! into my local dealership and they have fixed it... The sound of silence - it's great
[/quote]
Hi Colejl
Thanks for that info... It is just a bit off putting when you hear of other members who have had this fix done only to find the same noises returning a short time later. (see the post by swajames) By the way how did your dealer react when you showed them the TSB.....
P.S. Sorry for the noise in the last posting... Still getting to grips with the site and the etiqette.
[snapback]164779[/snapback]
[/quote]
I'm keeping my fingers crossed so the noise stays away!!! The dealer was not too chuffed with the TSB and asked where I got it... I just said the Internet has lots of information nowadays
Old 08-29-2005, 12:26 PM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by colejl' date='Aug 29 2005, 08:40 PM
[quote name='MAK' date='Aug 29 2005, 06:18 PM'][quote name='colejl' date='Aug 28 2005, 07:44 PM'][quote name='MAK' date='Aug 26 2005, 11:58 AM']HI
[/quote]
Hi Colejl
[snapback]164779[/snapback]
[/quote]
I'm keeping my fingers crossed so the noise stays away!!! The dealer was not too chuffed with the TSB and asked where I got it... I just said the Internet has lots of information nowadays
[snapback]164815[/snapback]
[/quote]

Not too sure why the dealer is not too chuffed with the TSB. Its a known fix for the problem. My dealer has been making rubber seal changes on a lot of E60s, so they were not too surprised when I showed them the TSB a few weeks ago.
Old 08-29-2005, 02:09 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 545i; Manual Shifter

Originally Posted by BMW530' date='Aug 29 2005, 01:26 PM
My dealer has been making rubber seal changes on a lot of E60s, so they were not too surprised when I showed them the TSB a few weeks ago.
[snapback]164842[/snapback]
I'm not surprised since you came well prepared...and good for you by the way. I think you handled this the correct way.

However, I wonder how they would have reacted had you NOT brought with you the TSB.
Old 08-30-2005, 05:34 AM
Members

My Ride: Face-lifted E46 Toruing, soon to be replaced by E60!

Got new seals installed today - wow, what a quite ride I had going from the dealer
Also got the latest CIP installed, with perspective view, new icons, etc.
LED's and "eyebrows" didn't go away, as I had feared..

So far so good, in other words

Had a 325 E90 as a loaner - wow, that car goes! Not as sophisticated as the E60, but a nice ride anyway, with a nice sounding engine
Maybe I should try to presuade the Better Half to get one of these.
Old 08-30-2005, 09:14 PM
Contributors

Would someone kindly re-post the TSB so I can print it out for my service advisor. Mine just started creaking very recently...just reached 10,000 btw. Thanks!
Old 08-31-2005, 12:37 AM
MAK
Members

Originally Posted by Blackonblackonblack' date='Aug 31 2005, 05:14 AM
Would someone kindly re-post the TSB so I can print it out for my service advisor.? Mine just started creaking very recently...just reached 10,000 btw.? Thanks!
[snapback]165451[/snapback]
Hi Blackonblackonblack
See the post by Colejl further back in this thread he provides a link to the TSB. Let us know how you get on.
Old 05-25-2007, 06:57 PM
Contributors

My Ride: '05 545i | Orient Blue | Blk Lthr | Sport | 6 Sp MT | Cold | Logic 7 | Sirius | iPod | Rear Heat | PDC | Rear SRS | NAV | HUD | AngeliBright Blue Up Next: New Radar Detector (Valentine 1 w/remote), SolarGuard 6% on all windows, Italian Euro Plate) '07 ML 500 | Alpine Blue | Blk Lthr | Pkg II | Lighting Pkg | Multicontour Seats | 6 CDC | iPod (Wife's Ride) Fond memories of: '03 540ia (the tightest car I ever owned!)

I know this is an old post, but I am having this problem... has BMW found a way to FIX this perminantly.... this sound is so bad I want to sell the car!!!!
Old 05-25-2007, 07:08 PM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: G30 M550i
Model Year: 2018

Originally Posted by bigfddi' post='428402' date='May 25 2007, 10:57 PM
I know this is an old post, but I am having this problem... has BMW found a way to FIX this perminantly.... this sound is so bad I want to sell the car!!!!
Have you ever had the seals replaced? That "fix" seems to work for many people -- even if it's temporary. Obviously, it's worth getting it done since it's free...

Quick Reply: New Door Seals & More