E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

New car so Big Smiles and a few questions

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2008 | 02:33 PM
Members

My Ride: Mystic Blue Nov 2004 5.30d SE :: Bluetooth :: Prof Nav :: TV :: Auto :: Beige Leather :: 18'' M Sport Alloys :: Folding Mirrors :: Headlight Washers

Hi All

Despite having the accident yesterday which I posted about, the dealer was fantastic and honored our agreement and swapped my car over today.

My "new" car is a UK Nov 2004, 530d SE, Auto, Advanced Air, Media Pack, TV and BlueTooth.

Old car was a standard SE - so you can hopefully appreciate how chuffed I am to have toys

have spent the evening playing and getting to know the car and have done some searching in the forum, but have a few questions which I dont seem to able to find definitive answers for...

1) With Media Pack and BT from this build year would/should I have any voice control. I thought I would at least have basic stuff like dialling numbers and contacts for the phone. (no voice button next to iDrive menu button, only have normal voice button on the steering wheel)

2) How can I tell what version of iDrive SW I have ?

3) Would upgrading the SW give me ..
a) Voice control (if yes, would it be basic BTooth or would it also do my Nav?)
b) The nice silver and black screen
c) Quicker iDrive (its pretty slow)
d) the option to have split screen iDrive or full screen

(any other benefits of upgrading ? They wont do it for free so I am looking for max bang for my buck)

I have managed to pair my Nokia 6300 and it has pulled across the phonebook without a hassle but the phone only sees the car as a "headset" profile not a handsfree car kit.

I also managed to pair my BlackBerry 8800...BUT it only partially pulled across the phone book. Anyone got any ideas on this or is this something that may also be fixed if I pay for the progman upgrade ?

I like the "if it aint broke then dont fix it" approach, but I am just wondering if the benefits of upgrading the SW would justify doing it ?

Cheers guys

(Will stick some picks up of the car soon, got my first long in it tomorrow, 200 miles, will let you know how I get on)
Old 04-23-2008 | 11:19 AM
Members

My Ride: 525iSE 2004 AUTO 18'' star 124 alloys bluetooth with iphone cradle orient Blue Gray leather multi CD

Originally Posted by zimguy' post='566089' date='Apr 22 2008, 10:33 PM
Hi All

Despite having the accident yesterday which I posted about, the dealer was fantastic and honored our agreement and swapped my car over today.

My "new" car is a UK Nov 2004, 530d SE, Auto, Advanced Air, Media Pack, TV and BlueTooth.

Old car was a standard SE - so you can hopefully appreciate how chuffed I am to have toys

have spent the evening playing and getting to know the car and have done some searching in the forum, but have a few questions which I dont seem to able to find definitive answers for...

1) With Media Pack and BT from this build year would/should I have any voice control. I thought I would at least have basic stuff like dialling numbers and contacts for the phone. (no voice button next to iDrive menu button, only have normal voice button on the steering wheel)

2) How can I tell what version of iDrive SW I have ?

3) Would upgrading the SW give me ..
a) Voice control (if yes, would it be basic BTooth or would it also do my Nav?)
b) The nice silver and black screen
c) Quicker iDrive (its pretty slow)
d) the option to have split screen iDrive or full screen

(any other benefits of upgrading ? They wont do it for free so I am looking for max bang for my buck)

I have managed to pair my Nokia 6300 and it has pulled across the phonebook without a hassle but the phone only sees the car as a "headset" profile not a handsfree car kit.

I also managed to pair my BlackBerry 8800...BUT it only partially pulled across the phone book. Anyone got any ideas on this or is this something that may also be fixed if I pay for the progman upgrade ?

I like the "if it aint broke then dont fix it" approach, but I am just wondering if the benefits of upgrading the SW would justify doing it ?

Cheers guys

(Will stick some picks up of the car soon, got my first long in it tomorrow, 200 miles, will let you know how I get on)
Hi Go to the specific blue tooth discussion and see my post (hatton955) should answer your questions
All the Best
Old 04-23-2008 | 11:29 AM
Members

My Ride: Mystic Blue Nov 2004 5.30d SE :: Bluetooth :: Prof Nav :: TV :: Auto :: Beige Leather :: 18'' M Sport Alloys :: Folding Mirrors :: Headlight Washers

Thanks hatton955

Read your post, sure is interesting but doesnt really cover the questions I have above.

Thanks anyway mate.

Did my first trip in the car today and WOW!! I am so glad I changed/swapped. I think I now know what a proper e60 should drive and behave like. This car is a dream.
Old 04-23-2008 | 02:22 PM
Members

My Ride: UK 2005 535d Sport & Audi Q7 S-Line Vis Pack, Media Pack, Heated fronts and Rears, HUD, Servo Steering,

Hi mate,

I have a 2005 535D ( UK ) and that had Voice Control as a specific option with the extra button next to the menu button so I assume you won't have it sorry.

Can't help you with anything else, sorry

Si