E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

New Car Keyed!

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2006, 10:10 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by -Eddie-' post='228322' date='Jan 23 2006, 01:58 PM
Is there any reason to wait till the weather warms up before getting the car repainted (eg will paint form to panels better, etc)??

I got the name of the shop that Westchester BMW (BMWNA owned dealer) uses... here it is for anyone interested:

Gabriel's Sports Car, Inc. -- Yonkers NY
http://gabrielsportscar.com/

Im going to get a few estimates (the aforementioned place being one of them) before filing an insurance claim (hate the possibility of premiums going up)... although my gut says this will end up being a claim due to the $$ its going to cost. Guess that's what insurance is for

Any advice on dealing with body shop guys to ensure best quality?
Eddie, yes I know Rye Brook quite well and it's quite an affulent area. I'm shocked as to why somebody would do this to your car; the same thing happened to me, believe it or not, about a week and a half ago, at the Palisades Center Mall in Nyack ... unfortunately it was pouring rain and dark, so I didn't get a chance to look over the car as I would normally do, and they only got the right side .. #($%*(#$%*#
Old 01-23-2006, 10:14 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 BMW 545i, Silver Grey, Sport Package, R. Shades, Cold Pkg, Sat. Rad., Prem. Sound.

Originally Posted by -Eddie-' post='228322' date='Jan 23 2006, 12:58 PM
Is there any reason to wait till the weather warms up before getting the car repainted (eg will paint form to panels better, etc)??

I got the name of the shop that Westchester BMW (BMWNA owned dealer) uses... here it is for anyone interested:

Gabriel's Sports Car, Inc. -- Yonkers NY
http://gabrielsportscar.com/

Im going to get a few estimates (the aforementioned place being one of them) before filing an insurance claim (hate the possibility of premiums going up)... although my gut says this will end up being a claim due to the $$ its going to cost. Guess that's what insurance is for

Any advice on dealing with body shop guys to ensure best quality?
Insurance may just cover for "blending" and not a full repaint. Since the car paint is still new, you should not have any problem with blending. I had an old black Lexus LS once and did the blending job. At night when you shine a flash light at it, you can see the blending because of the old and new black paint.

Don't let the situation get to you . . . because one bad event will lead to two goo events. Most people don't realize this because they focused on the back event too much and get blinded by the good events that happen thereafter.
Old 01-23-2006, 11:25 AM
Members

My Ride: Ordered: 2006 530i on Oct 1st, and due Mid Nov. 6 speed Manual, Navagation, Premium pkg, Sport pkg, Cold Weather pkg, Prem. Sound Package, Titanium Silver, Black Dakota Leather, Dark Poplar wood. 18" 7 Spoke wheels (style 123), euro reflectors, Sat Radio installed.

Honestly, I don't know what is worse, a keyed car or a car that is creaking and rattling.

We go through so much to drive these cars. Here's a perfect example of a man who most likely respects other people's property, and comes out froma movie and finds someone has done the unthinkable, and ruined his car. I really hate the people out there that key. As a car guy, i would never since so low to key a car. It's against all I stand for. My older cars were once keyed, and i decided to get the key mark fixed, only to have it happen again.

My advice...see if you can buff out the marks. if not, get it repainted, then get the windows tinted. Might make someone think twice before the do it again, since they cannot see right into the car to see if someone is in it.

I really feel your pain. I am goign through my own issues with rattle in the 530. I hope you get your car fixed, and expeience some peace dude. We all deserve to enjoy are hard earned toys in life.
Old 01-23-2006, 11:47 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 535d (4/05) M Sport, Carbon black, Black dakota leather, Sport seats, Xenon, Navi prof, Hi-fi pack, AS, BT, PDC, Sunroof

9mm HP
Old 01-23-2006, 12:58 PM
Members

My Ride: '06 530xi - Titanium Silver

Originally Posted by sapkan' post='228425' date='Jan 23 2006, 03:47 PM
9mm HP
Can't say it didn't cross my mind ... either that or introduce them to my Louisville slugger. I guess Im just thankful that nobody I care about was hurt... guess Im starting to think rationally again - It isn't easy though!
Old 01-23-2006, 03:34 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 09 - 520d M Sport - Steptronic - Carbon Black - Black Dakota Leather Sports Seats electric- Auto Climate - Piano Black Bamboo - Antracite Headlining - Business Media Kit - Sat Nav - Bluetooth - CD Changer - Auxillary Port and USB - M Sport Multifunction Steering - Lowered M Suspension - 18" Alloys with RFT - M Badged - M Bumpers and Bodykit - Park Distance Control - Advanced Voice Rec - Auto Dim Mirror - Privacy Glass - 5 Year Service Inclusive Previous -06 - 525 M Sport - Steptronic - Sapphire Black - Black Nappa Leather Sports Seats - Auto Climate - Alluminium Cubed Interior - Anthracite Headliner - Business CD with Auxillary Port - M Sport Multifunction Steering - Bluetooth - Lowered M Suspension - 18" Alloys with RFT - M Badged - M Bumpers and Bodykit - Park Distance Control - Spare Wheel kit - Advanced Voice Rec

Its always the same guy's just some petty jeolouse minded little skank. Its like if I cant have one nobody else can very sad.
Old 01-23-2006, 03:51 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: E60 "Stripper" Now C6 "Stripper"
Talking

No, no licensed pistola unless they pull the edged weapon or whatever on you and you were in fear of your life with no way to retreat!

If you have a cell phone with a camera (even junior high school kids have these nowadays)(yes, easier said than done) take a pic of the mope also make sure you can articulate his/her physical desciption for the po po.

I've thought about this scenario many times over, 1st if i caught someone in the act i'd

1) Pretend as if i was a passerby and watch from afar

2) May or may not approach (depending on how many there are and if a car was waiting for them nearby) They might be there for the airbag or headlights etc. get spooked and to spite you key your car.

3) Call 911 if the act in fact is taking place IN FRONT OF MY EYES

4) I don't recommend this but be ready to roll if need be

5) Place a 2nd 911 call since the badguy will be lumped up!
Old 01-23-2006, 05:27 PM
Members

My Ride: '06 530xi - Titanium Silver

Here are some pics - forgive me for the dirty car... winter in NY can be tough:

Drivers Side:
New Car Keyed!-imgp0213.jpg
New Car Keyed!-imgp0214.jpg
New Car Keyed!-imgp0215.jpg
New Car Keyed!-imgp0216.jpg
New Car Keyed!-imgp0217.jpg
New Car Keyed!-imgp0225.jpg

Passenger Side:
New Car Keyed!-imgp0224.jpg

Hood:
New Car Keyed!-imgp0209.jpg
New Car Keyed!-imgp0212.jpg
Old 01-23-2006, 05:38 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 530i

:'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

Sorry that happened to you.

-What goes around comes around.-
Old 01-23-2006, 06:05 PM
Contributors

My Ride: April Delivery 2005 - 545i Orient Blue/Beige Leather. Sport & Premium packages/Navigation/Heads-Up display/Premium Sound/Cold Weather Pkg/Park Distance Control/SMG/Split fold down rear w/ski pkg. Currently: 2002 - 530i Steel Blue Metalic. Sport & Premium packages/Navigation/Cold Weather Pkg/Split fold down rear w/ski pkg.

I feel really bad for you and your baby. Some morons that obviously have nothing better to do. God forbid they should do something constructive with their idle mind time.

Quick Reply: New Car Keyed!