E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Car Keyed!

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2006, 08:17 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: '06 530xi - Titanium Silver

Hi all,
Im a new member to this board and have been reading for several months and appreciate all the advice and information I've learned from everyone. I got a 530xi - Titanium Silver - in November (new build) and have been loving and babying it ever since.

Well tonight I decided to sign up to vent and seek some advice. My car was badly keyed tonight while I was enjoying a movie in a theater. The hood, entire length of the drivers side and passengers sides all have deep marks through out -- Im so pissed! There is no excuse for such vandalism!

Any advice on whether I should have the panels repainted or the whole car done?
Anyone know of a really really good paint shop in the NY/CT area?
Any idea how much something like this might cost to repair?

I'll post some pics if anyone is interested. -->> POSTED PICS BELOW <<--

Thanks in advance for reading this and any advice you might have to offer.
Old 01-22-2006, 08:21 PM
Contributors

My Ride: Gone: 2004 525i Jet Black, Built 03/04, Premium Package, Black Dakota Leather, Halogen to Euro Spec Bi-Xenons Retrofit, Dark Poplar Wood Trim, Steptronic Breyton Spirit Reps 20x9F 20x10R - Nitto NT555 245/35/20F-275/30/20R, M5 Front Bumper, H&R Sport Springs, Chrome Grills, 20% Tint, Euro Reflectors, Debadged, Aux Input, CIP v19.x

Damn that really sucks. I had my car keyed but only a rear panel. There's some really immature people out there. I hope everything gets resolved.
Old 01-22-2006, 08:26 PM
Members

I'm sorry to hear that this happened to your baby ... people really suck, it's usually those jealous bastards that would do something like this to your car. Rallye Motors bodyshop in Carle Place on long island is quite good (albeit a bit expensive ... see Greg Lee and tell him 'chinese Jon' sent you) ... Flower Hill autobody is also quite good as well, located in Flower Hill (by Manhasset) also on Long Island...good luck!!! If you wouldn't mind posting some pics .... and which movie theatre did this happen at? Did you report it to the police and security?
Old 01-22-2006, 08:32 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2012 535i M Sport Package

I hate to welcome you on such bad circumstances...
Sorry about your baby... that seriously sucks!
good luck and welcome
Old 01-22-2006, 08:37 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2014 X5 xDrive 5.0 M Package Carbon Black Metallic/2008 M Roadster Imola Red

Welcome Eddie, but under sad circumstances. I am very sorry for your experience and understand how you must feel. The actions of others frequently are difficult to understand. I take such events to be opportunities to deal well with bad circumstances, to not judge the culprits, etc., etc. In this regard, the best thing you can do, IMO, is to somehow use the experience to become an even better and stronger person--e.g., to rise above a loss related to a thing. And, I do believe that once your car is repaired, unfortunately using your insurance, it will be almost as good as new--with the damage possibly virtually undetectable. In this regard, I would go with having the panels repainted--unless you don't mind spending a fair amount beyond what your insurance probably will cover. I would be sure that your repair shop understands that you expect not to be able to detect the damage when the repair is completed. The shop should be willing to insist that the insurance company pay whatever, within reason, is needed to provide such assurance.
Old 01-22-2006, 08:53 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2006 550i Titanium Silver, Black Dakota Leather, Aluminum Cube Trim, M Sport Pkg, Premium Pkg, Comfort Access, Head Up Display, Steptronic, Comfort Seats, Rear Heated Seats, Through Load, Park Distance Control, Navigation , HK Logic 7, etc

sorry to hear this! There was a thread about this topic. It's just jealousy and lowlifes, period. Not much you can do about it...good luck!
Old 01-22-2006, 09:00 PM
Members

My Ride: '06 530xi - Titanium Silver
Smile

Originally Posted by paomien' post='228117' date='Jan 23 2006, 12:26 AM
I'm sorry to hear that this happened to your baby ... people really suck, it's usually those jealous bastards that would do something like this to your car. Rallye Motors bodyshop in Carle Place on long island is quite good (albeit a bit expensive ... see Greg Lee and tell him 'chinese Jon' sent you) ... Flower Hill autobody is also quite good as well, located in Flower Hill (by Manhasset) also on Long Island...good luck!!! If you wouldn't mind posting some pics .... and which movie theatre did this happen at? Did you report it to the police and security?

Thanks paomien... this happened in Rye Brook NY (Westchester County) which is a pretty affluent area. Still shocked and pissed that people get kicks outta doing such things. I called the police right away and they took pictures and all... they're also checking for any security cameras that might have covered the parking lot since this is considered a felony (over $250 damage). I'll post some pics tomorrow.
Old 01-22-2006, 09:07 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: E60 "Stripper" Now C6 "Stripper"
Smile

Originally Posted by -Eddie-' post='228127

Thanks paomien... this happened in Rye Brook NY (Westchester County) which is a pretty affluent area. Still shocked and pissed that people get kicks outta doing such things. I called the police right away and they took pictures and all... they're also checking for any security cameras that might have covered the parking lot since this is considered a felony (over $250 damage). I'll post some pics tomorrow.
[/quote]

Wait until the weather is a bit warmer to do the paintwork. Is your dealer a certified BMW collison shop?

I could see this in New Roc or Yonkers or Portchester but Rye Brook?

Might have been one of those college punks at that Suny college.
Old 01-22-2006, 09:15 PM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2013 535i (White with Oyster Interior. Premium Package, Navigation, Technology Pacakge, Park Distance Control, and Rear View Camera)

I feel so sorry for you and your pocket. I don't recommend you re-paint the whole car, no matter how great the body shop is, there is no way it can be as good as original.
Old 01-22-2006, 09:20 PM
Members

i had my whole car keyed while at a club in LA..

i was soo f**kin pissed BUT .....you cant let haters get you down ever ...

i ended up getting the ACS full body kit and got it painted for free while they did my car...

came back stronger than ever...

Good luck !

Quick Reply: New Car Keyed!