E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Car Keyed!

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2006, 10:23 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2006 Alpine White 550i

Run your fingernail perpendicular to the scratches, if it catches, the repair will more than likely involve the removal and repainting of that particular panel.

Multiply it by the number of panels and it adds up quickly. My father's 7 series got keyed back in September 05, the car was in shop for a full month and cost about $2000.

It was the same experience as you, car was parked at a theatre, and when the movie was done, we found scratches all along the hood, passenger front and rear door panels, plus the trunk. I really wish the culprits would just stop and think how they would feel if their prized possession was vandalized.
Old 01-23-2006, 12:48 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by RAS1398' post='228133' date='Jan 23 2006, 01:20 AM

i had my whole car keyed while at a club in LA..

i was soo f**kin pissed BUT .....you cant let haters get you down ever ...

i ended up getting the ACS full body kit and got it painted for free while they did my car...

came back stronger than ever...

Good luck !
That's a nice attitude.

I really don't know how i might react if i would catch anyone doing that to my car. I really fear for it also.
Best of luck and i hope we'll hear better news next time.

Wilkommen.
Old 01-23-2006, 12:54 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 BMW 530I steptronic, Orient Blue, Dakota Black Leather, Finishers Aluminium with Wave Cutting interior, NAVIgation, Radio PROFESSIONAL, CD in-dash, Hi-Fi extended sound system, PDC system, Bi-Xenons lights with washers, cruise-control, heated seats, Extended AC, auto"shade" mirrors, auto lights sensors, rain/wiper sensor, M-tech leather multifunction steering wheel, side airbags rearseats, sliding armrest, smoker's package (I don't smoke!), velour floor mats, spare wheel and jack, 122 style rims winter setup, M135 style rims summer setup [color=red]Mods:[/color] [color=blue]M tech sport steering wheel with M5 SMG paddles working retrofit done ! Trunk lid opening button retrofit done.[/color] [color=blue]3M window 35% tint done Chrome grilles E60.net Clings [/color]

people envy so much so they have do this. sorry man. I got my Audi keyed a few years ago as well.... some poor minded a$$hole
Old 01-23-2006, 03:54 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 530i

Sorry to hear. I know a great autobody shop on Long Island. I've been a customer there for years. They do great work and work on high end cars. They currently have a lamborghini gallardo there.

Creative Autobody Repair
116 Fulton Ave
Garden City Pk, NY 11040
516-739-0510
Bill or Joey
Old 01-23-2006, 04:47 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2006 525

sorry to hear about that. check with bmw westchester or bmw manhattan (both owned by BMWNA)...the body guys they use are super-good but pricey.
Old 01-23-2006, 04:51 AM
Contributors

My Ride: MY RIDE is DA real .-) HAMANN 5 aka BLACK MAMBA born on 16/06/2005/delivered on 05/08/2005 as following: 530dA (steptronic), Black II (JET), leather Dakota auburn black, mapple trim, head-up display, dynamic drive, active steering, adaptive xenon headlights (auto levelling) with headlight washers, alarm, comfort seats with massage function, advanced A/C, big compartment armrest, aux-in, MP3, Logic 7, Radio PRO, CD in-dash+cd changer, power rear sunshades, rear airbags, park distance control, auto dimming folding mirrors, smoking package, shiny shadow line (individual), fold down rear seats, ski bag, sport suspension, run flats on �116-style� rims (Good Year NCT5+), cup holders, debadged, fire extinguishers, additional permanent power outlet, BMW coat hanger, trunk release button (installed by Hobi), GPS tracking device and a big thx 2 Iceman. Mods done: � Authentic HAMANN FRONT APRON Including ellipsoid fog lights Item-No.: 10 060 110 � Authentic HAMANN REAR SPOILER Item-No.: 10 060 130, � Authentic HAMANN HAMANN ALUMINIUM PEDALS For cars with manual gearbox Item-No.: 80 099 100 81,00 For cars with automatic transmission Item-No.: 80 099 120 � Authentic HAMANN FOOT REST In aluminium For left-hand drive vehicles Item No. : 80 099 122 � Authentic HAMANN HAND-BRAKE LEVER In aluminium For left- and right-hand drive cars Item No. : 80 099 216 � Authentic HAMANN Idrive of alu (sorry this is the only one in the World) but you can have it in carbon fiber , � Authentic HAMANN EXCLUSIVE FLOORMAT SET In black with HAMANN logo in silver For left-hand drive cars Item-No. : 80 060 120 For right-hand drive cars Item-No. : 80 060 � Authentic HAMANN COVER FOR OIL FILLER CAP In aluminium Item-No.: 80 099 117 � Authentic HAMANN SPORT REAR MUFFLER 4 TAILPIPES Sport rear muffler with four round stainless-steel tailpipes ( � 76mm ) Item-No.: 50 060 111 � Authentic HAMANN new add-on for M pack rear with diffusor for quad pipes -AVAILABLE NOW (http://forums.e60.net/index.php?act=ST&f=22&t=30630&st=0#entry332409) � ///M steering wheel w Pegasus logo (this will be also changed to three spoke sports) � ///M pack rear � HAMANN ECU upgrade 265 HP 608 Nm. most improtant: �real and working like a charm forumsbuy real LED tails and PIAA 4700k fogs!!! for HAMANN full front apron you need H3 � CustomAngels, Angel Eyes Brighter than stocks 10X, WHITE & (REd for shows). � Authentic HAMANN LIGHT-ALLOY WHEELS DESIGN EDITION RACE 20" Ultra-light forged 3-pieced light-alloy wheel, Cross-spoke-design,Spider in black, titanium, screwing,polished flange DIMENSIONS : 9.0 J x 20 FA Item No.: 91 207 315 10.5 J x 20 only RA Item No.: 91 207 625 Recommended 20" Complete Wheel Set DESIGN EDITION RACE I went with most aggressive Combination A.10 FA 9.0 J x 20 / RA 10.5 J x 20 with tires: FA 245/30 ZR 20 / RA 285/25 ZR 20 � Authentic HAMANN LOWERING KIT 4 progressive sport springs Lowering by approx. 40 mm FA, 20 mm RA Item-No.: 20 060 125 � Authentic HAMANN TIRE - PRESSURE CHECK SENSOR SYSTEM � Authentic HAMANN SIDE SILLS Item-No.: 10 060 120 � Authentic HAMANN REAL CF ROOF SPOLIER Item-No.: 10 060 235 � Authentic HAMANN AIRBAG SPORT STEERING WHEEL 3-SPOKE Three-spoke design w their SMG paddles (For assembly O.E. airbag in exchange) � Authentic HAMANN sports mirrors (all functions) !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and of course !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! E60.net Clings Still to do list;-): � Our Hobi's camera system from : ww.switchchange.com). � Individual leather interior (auburn+auburn alcantara)... and drive with sheer drivin' pleasure ... until 2009/2010 F10 comes or E60 possibly a 540d V8 diesel early in 2009 badly juiced!

Originally Posted by -Eddie-' post='228114' date='Jan 23 2006, 06:17 AM
Hi all,
Im a new member to this board and have been reading for several months and appreciate all the advice and information I've learned from everyone. I got a 530xi - Titanium Silver - in November (new build) and have been loving and babying it ever since.

Well tonight I decided to sign up to vent and seek some advice. My car was badly keyed tonight while I was enjoying a movie in a theater. The hood, entire length of the drivers side and passengers sides all have deep marks through out -- Im so pissed! There is no excuse for such vandalism!

Any advice on whether I should have the panels repainted or the whole car done?
Anyone know of a really really good paint shop in the NY/CT area?
Any idea how much something like this might cost to repair?

I'll post some pics if anyone is interested.

Thanks in advance for reading this and any advice you might have to offer.
SORRY FOR YOU AND WELCOME, do you have insurrance, take it to the dealer.

You are right, it is vandlaism, and if I wud see this I wud KILL THE MFs .... :'(
Old 01-23-2006, 04:53 AM
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2006 550i Titanium Silver Metallic, Black Dakota Leather, Anthracite Maple Wood Trim, Cold Weather Package, Premium Sound Package, Sport Package, Steptronic, Navigation, Electric Rear Sunshades, Heated Rear Seats, Sirius Radio

My wife's RX 330 was keyed last year. We had the panels repainted and it is as good as new. Total time was less than 1 week.
Old 01-23-2006, 04:56 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2014 X5 xDrive 5.0 M Package Carbon Black Metallic/2008 M Roadster Imola Red

Originally Posted by RAS1398' post='228133' date='Jan 23 2006, 01:20 AM

i had my whole car keyed while at a club in LA..

i was soo f**kin pissed BUT .....you cant let haters get you down ever ...

i ended up getting the ACS full body kit and got it painted for free while they did my car...

came back stronger than ever...

Good luck !
Yep, make lemonade.
Old 01-23-2006, 07:51 AM
JDN
Contributors

Originally Posted by -Eddie-' post='228114' date='Jan 22 2006, 11:17 PM
Any advice on whether I should have the panels repainted or the whole car done?
Sounds like abot 70% needs repainting, so I would opt for the whole thing to be certain that everything matched and aged the same through the years.

This is a real bummer for you because it is unlikely that any repaint can equal the quality of the factory paint shop. I always get some flak when I say this, and I really don't have any substance for such a remark other than my "gut feel" which says that a private paint shop likely cannot afford all the equipment and special painting rooms and equipment of the fellows in Munich.
Old 01-23-2006, 09:58 AM
Members

My Ride: '06 530xi - Titanium Silver

Is there any reason to wait till the weather warms up before getting the car repainted (eg will paint form to panels better, etc)??

I got the name of the shop that Westchester BMW (BMWNA owned dealer) uses... here it is for anyone interested:

Gabriel's Sports Car, Inc. -- Yonkers NY
http://gabrielsportscar.com/

Im going to get a few estimates (the aforementioned place being one of them) before filing an insurance claim (hate the possibility of premiums going up)... although my gut says this will end up being a claim due to the $$ its going to cost. Guess that's what insurance is for

Any advice on dealing with body shop guys to ensure best quality?

Quick Reply: New Car Keyed!