E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

New Buick Regal resembles E60

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2011, 11:46 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 02/2006 525i Titanium Silver Metallic Manual 6-Speed

There is no doubt that certain design features of the E60 have heavily influenced other car makers. However, IMO the current body Accord is just ugly compared to the E60... And Honda practically ripped elements off of the entire design. :thumbsdown:

If Honda actually had their $hit together, the Acura line-up would have a reasonable RWD 5-series competitor. :thumbsdown:

But, lets save the Honda/Acura talk for later
Old 04-26-2011, 11:55 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 Porsche 911 Carrera S Convertible. Midnight Blue, 6 Speed.Retired - 2007 997 Carrera S, Midnight Blue, Grey leather, premium audioRetired - 2007 550i, Monaco Blue over Beige, Navigation, Logic 7, Cold Weather Pack, Comfort Access, Sport Package
Model Year: 2008

Originally Posted by Anzafin
I don't know about the similarity with the E60, but that Buick is practically the same car as Opel Insignia, which has been on the market for couple of years already:

- Antti -
It is indeed - the Buick Regal is the US version of the Opel. It is built in Germany alongside the EU market version ( some North American models are now being built in Canada)
Old 04-26-2011, 12:00 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 Porsche 911 Carrera S Convertible. Midnight Blue, 6 Speed.Retired - 2007 997 Carrera S, Midnight Blue, Grey leather, premium audioRetired - 2007 550i, Monaco Blue over Beige, Navigation, Logic 7, Cold Weather Pack, Comfort Access, Sport Package

Originally Posted by aretardedorange
I think the Regal looks more like the Lexus ES350.

The sonata copied the 5 series GT. Look at the resemblance. I think the new Accord was similar to the E60 but this year they updated the design by adding some ugly lights so....not so much anymore
The Sonata is the much better looking car - the GT is just an awful design, the Sonata is a pretty good looking car.

While I don't think that the Sonata remotely resembles the GT it couldn't be a copy in any event as both cars came to market at about the same time. The Sonata may even have been first. Design and development lead tims being what they are, these two cars were designed independently. The Sonata was, incidentally, the only car other than the F10 to gain the full five stars in the first batch of the new for 2011 more stringent crash tests - and it did so despite being around 1000lbs lighter. There are plenty of of others that now have 5 stars, but the Sonata was one of the first two to get the award.
Old 04-26-2011, 12:03 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by swajames
The Sonata is the much better looking car - the GT is just an awful design, the Sonata is a pretty good looking car.

While I don't think that the Sonata remotely resembles the GT it couldn't be a copy in any event as both cars came to market at about the same time. The Sonata may even have been first. Design and development lead tims being what they are, these two cars were designed independently. The Sonata was, incidentally, the only car other than the F10 to gain the full five stars in the new 2011 crash tests - and it did so despite being around 1000lbs lighter.
The Sonata looks good but handling is similar to the Camry. Gutless. Out of all the Japanese economy cars the Honda Accord and the Mazda cars handle the best. I am not sure if you have driven any of these....but if you have you know what I am talking about .
Old 04-26-2011, 12:29 PM
Members

Originally Posted by swajames
... imitation is said to be the sincerest form of flattery....
Dang it.. I was going to say that.
Old 04-27-2011, 07:48 AM
Members

My Ride: 04 BMW 545iA ZSP, ZCW, HUD, Silvergrau

Originally Posted by pjinca
I can tell you since I have both my E60 and my wife's 2011 Honda Accord in my driveway now - yeah, it's a clear imitation. Probably another reason why i like the F10 so much.

http://www.insideline.com/brilliance...auto-show.html
Old 04-27-2011, 12:39 PM
Members

I'll be honest this looks more like the Vauxhall Insignia
Old 04-27-2011, 02:05 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by pradden
There is no doubt that certain design features of the E60 have heavily influenced other car makers. However, IMO the current body Accord is just ugly compared to the E60... And Honda practically ripped elements off of the entire design. :thumbsdown:

If Honda actually had their $hit together, the Acura line-up would have a reasonable RWD 5-series competitor. :thumbsdown:

But, lets save the Honda/Acura talk for later
So true. The only current gen Acura that looks remotely nice is the TSX. I have the 3G TL and I think its the best looking Acura sedan. (Might be biased ). But it looks modern and sleek and looks so much better then the new TL. Hopefully Honda/Acura gets their game together for the next line up.
Old 04-27-2011, 02:48 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by delwarulislam
I'll be honest this looks more like the Vauxhall Insignia
It is the same car. It is the US version of the Opel/Vauxhall Insignia.
Old 04-27-2011, 07:17 PM
Members

My Ride: 04 545 SMG Black Out

There all coping the German machine.

Quick Reply: New Buick Regal resembles E60