E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

new 535i owner

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2007 | 04:58 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2011, X6 Hybrid . Alpine White , every option. 20" Conti' NON runflats,OEM trunk spoiler , LUX V3 AE's , HP Thunder Fogs , custom front bumper reflector delete........

Originally Posted by alexgtp' post='452684' date='Jul 27 2007, 03:34 PM
Well today I hit the 1500 miles barrier. So after some driving around town I decided to go on the freeway and go to WOT.
Well I was very disappointed with the aceleration of this car. .

-could not even break the RWD car's tires loose
-low end troque was almost non existent
-a bit of a turbo lag ( i came from a SC vechicle which had gobs of torque and accelerations was instantaneous)
-You could feel the HP as the the rpm's went up.. but i was expecting a flatter / more uniform tq/hp curve. I would love too see the dyno charts on this car.

Also I have a cple other complaints. for such a pricey car I would of expected alot more.

-my MP3 player (zen microphoto 8 G is unrecognizable (found a work around Im going to transfer all my mp3 to portable flash drive as it will read that)
-my Verizon samsung sch-i730 will not sync the contacts list VLUETOOTH works great and the conversations are very audible
-it is almost impossible to come to a smooth stop with this car the trans is very jerky on deceleration/downshifts.
-stock radio sucks, their absolutely is no front image what so ever. and absolutely no bass.. I have to literally turn it 3/4 of the way up to get a decent sound.

But the car does have its positives.
-sexy lines
-aggressive size
-angel eyes
-i drive
-comfortable seats
-well positioned steering wheel
-HUD and Navigation
-smooth ride
-car has lots of potential in the looks dept.
-great a/c
-its a BMW (MY FIRST)

Also What does LCI stand for? Im a newbie to the BMW world so be nice.
also how do i turn off the ac/heat? (not the actual a/c/ but the fans so they dont blow anything completely off) Sometime I like to rdive with the window open but the air keeps blowing even at its lowest fan speed setting.
"Dissapointing acceleration,turbo lag,no low end torque."....... After reading so many 535 accolades and driver snubs vs the 550 I read this and got a small smile on my face, I'll bet that a few more of us "V8 Dinosaurs " are getting a little satisfaction from this post . They are all great cars!

Cheers
Old 07-27-2007 | 05:44 PM
ipp
Senior Members

My Ride: 07' 530d - M-Sport - Titanium Silver / Black Dakota leather 08' 120i - M-Sport - Alpine White III / Black Sensatec

Originally Posted by pennetta' post='452716' date='Jul 28 2007, 12:04 AM
Maybe something is wrong with your car. I do not have turbo lag and this is not my first turbo car. Even at upper speeds the 535 (70-90 mph) feels stronger than my 545. Can't wait for a magazine test.
Penetta: Have you got your new car? Have I missed the pics or haven't you posted any yet? I'm really interested in your color combo!
Old 07-28-2007 | 12:12 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 535i: June 6th start build, complete June 17th, at NY Port July 5th, at dealer July 10th, took delivery Friday July 13- Plantimum Bronze/Natural Brown Leather/Light Poplar, Sport Package, Sport Auto, Active Steering, Premium Package, CWP & PDC. Dinan Performance Software 384hp & 421 ft/lbs.

Originally Posted by westcoast550' post='452739' date='Jul 27 2007, 08:58 PM
"Dissapointing acceleration,turbo lag,no low end torque."....... After reading so many 535 accolades and driver snubs vs the 550 I read this and got a small smile on my face, I'll bet that a few more of us "V8 Dinosaurs " are getting a little satisfaction from this post . They are all great cars!

Cheers
I loved my 545 and I even tried to extend the lease but since it was a SMG, BMW wanted it back so they could sell it with the lowest possible mileage. I was even quoted in Autoweek Magazine as saying:
http://www.autoweek.com/apps/pbcs.dll/arti...=73288557752308
OWNERS SAY...
The 545i is faster and handles better than the Porsche Boxster I considered. The exterior styling looks great with the staggered 18-inch wheels, and the interior is clean and fresh. Active steering makes the car feel 500 pounds lighter, and the SMG lets me pretend I?m Mario Andretti on the way to work every day. This is the best car I?ve ever had. - David Pennetta, Jericho, N.Y.

The 535er's don't look down nor are they putting down the 550. I am an early adopter which is why I got the SMG without ever driving it first, got Active steering without ever driving it, got the Sports Auto etc.
The new Intercooled Twin Turbo is BMW's latest technology and with that and the promise of a software download and a 20-25% increase in hp/torque, it was to good to pass on this time around.
Old 07-28-2007 | 12:16 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 535i: June 6th start build, complete June 17th, at NY Port July 5th, at dealer July 10th, took delivery Friday July 13- Plantimum Bronze/Natural Brown Leather/Light Poplar, Sport Package, Sport Auto, Active Steering, Premium Package, CWP & PDC. Dinan Performance Software 384hp & 421 ft/lbs.

Originally Posted by ipp' post='452747' date='Jul 27 2007, 09:44 PM
Penetta: Have you got your new car? Have I missed the pics or haven't you posted any yet? I'm really interested in your color combo!
I got it and you missed them but here they are:
http://forums.e60.net/index.php?showtopic=...amp;hl=pennetta
Old 07-28-2007 | 01:01 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 545iSMGSilver GrayAuburn Dakota LeatherLogic 7 Premium SoundSports Package

HUmmm wow this is the only post I saw that goes against what others have been reporting about the 535... Ya I would think it'll have less steam than the V8s during highway speeds...
Old 07-28-2007 | 01:09 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2007 550i..... ex

Originally Posted by EBMCS03' post='452892' date='Jul 28 2007, 04:01 PM
HUmmm wow this is the only post I saw that goes against what others have been reporting about the 535... Ya I would think it'll have less steam than the V8s during highway speeds...

It would seem natural that the 535i would run out of breath in the top end, BUT for an interesting tid bit: the Euro 535d can out run a 550i from 0-110mph by 2 car lengths! After that who knows!
Old 07-30-2007 | 06:55 AM
Members

Lets just say Im a newbie dumbass.
I switched it over to DS to activiate the "sport program mode"and the car drove completely different. Felt alot better. Now I am seeing alot more potential!
Can't wait to get the PROcede ordered
Old 07-30-2007 | 04:03 PM
Members

Originally Posted by alexgtp' post='452684' date='Jul 27 2007, 03:34 PM
Well today I hit the 1500 miles barrier. So after some driving around town I decided to go on the freeway and go to WOT.
Well I was very disappointed with the aceleration of this car. .

-could not even break the RWD car's tires loose
-low end troque was almost non existent
-a bit of a turbo lag ( i came from a SC vechicle which had gobs of torque and accelerations was instantaneous)
-You could feel the HP as the the rpm's went up.. but i was expecting a flatter / more uniform tq/hp curve. I would love too see the dyno charts on this car.
Also I have a cple other complaints. for such a pricey car I would of expected alot more.

-my MP3 player (zen microphoto 8 G is unrecognizable (found a work around Im going to transfer all my mp3 to portable flash drive as it will read that)
-my Verizon samsung sch-i730 will not sync the contacts list VLUETOOTH works great and the conversations are very audible
-it is almost impossible to come to a smooth stop with this car the trans is very jerky on deceleration/downshifts.
-stock radio sucks, their absolutely is no front image what so ever. and absolutely no bass.. I have to literally turn it 3/4 of the way up to get a decent sound.
But the car does have its positives.
-sexy lines
-aggressive size
-angel eyes
-i drive
-comfortable seats
-well positioned steering wheel
-HUD and Navigation
-smooth ride
-car has lots of potential in the looks dept.
-great a/c
-its a BMW (MY FIRST)

Also What does LCI stand for? Im a newbie to the BMW world so be nice.
also how do i turn off the ac/heat? (not the actual a/c/ but the fans so they dont blow anything completely off) Sometime I like to rdive with the window open but the air keeps blowing even at its lowest fan speed setting.
i have a 535i also and WAS not happy at first with the power. but if you look at the spedo it gets up to speed real quick it just doesnt throw you back in your seat! it tricks you. i have come to love the power of the car, if you put it into sport mode it makes a big difference
Old 07-30-2007 | 04:21 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 545iSMGSilver GrayAuburn Dakota LeatherLogic 7 Premium SoundSports Package

Originally Posted by alexgtp' post='453272' date='Jul 30 2007, 07:55 AM

Lets just say Im a newbie dumbass.
I switched it over to DS to activiate the "sport program mode"and the car drove completely different. Felt alot better. Now I am seeing alot more potential!
Can't wait to get the PROcede ordered

Oh maaaaan...
Old 07-30-2007 | 06:06 PM
Members

Originally Posted by alexgtp' post='452715' date='Jul 27 2007, 05:04 PM
Ipods ..LOL!
I did not know the USB would only work with memory stick and or ipod. Thanks for the info.

I was coming from a Pontiac Grand Prix GTP (3.8 L Supercharged) Of course I had it slightly modded. Smaller Sc pulley, Water to air IC, headers, reprogrammed PCM. rebuilt trans with gearing, Ran a best of 12.5xx at 108MPH with well over 100 track passes

Befor that I had a novi charged 5.7 L mustang with a full cage that ran low 10's back in the early 90's

But the car had 190K+ miles and was starting to fall apart after so much driving and racing it..

I have always liked the BMW so it was a natural choice when I heard that they were coming out with the N54 motor in a 5 series that was a match made in heaven. The 3 series imho too small and too many knuckleheads drive them..LOL (j/K).

Well IM sure the more i learn to drive this car the more enjoyment I will get out of it.

Now to add some staggered rims and PROcede and that should satisfy me for a while..LOL!!
Wow, you must really enjoy powerfull cars. Your old rides are preety powerful and you had them moded out. Maybe you could do some mods on your new ride and tell us how it goes. Anyway, the BMW do really play some mind games in the speed department. You don't really feel the speed until you see the speedo touching the 130mph mark. Anyway.... do enjoy your new ride

Quick Reply: new 535i owner