E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

new 535i owner

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2007 | 12:34 PM
Members

Well today I hit the 1500 miles barrier. So after some driving around town I decided to go on the freeway and go to WOT.
Well I was very disappointed with the aceleration of this car. .

-could not even break the RWD car's tires loose
-low end troque was almost non existent
-a bit of a turbo lag ( i came from a SC vechicle which had gobs of torque and accelerations was instantaneous)
-You could feel the HP as the the rpm's went up.. but i was expecting a flatter / more uniform tq/hp curve. I would love too see the dyno charts on this car.

Also I have a cple other complaints. for such a pricey car I would of expected alot more.

-my MP3 player (zen microphoto 8 G is unrecognizable (found a work around Im going to transfer all my mp3 to portable flash drive as it will read that)
-my Verizon samsung sch-i730 will not sync the contacts list VLUETOOTH works great and the conversations are very audible
-it is almost impossible to come to a smooth stop with this car the trans is very jerky on deceleration/downshifts.
-stock radio sucks, their absolutely is no front image what so ever. and absolutely no bass.. I have to literally turn it 3/4 of the way up to get a decent sound.

But the car does have its positives.
-sexy lines
-aggressive size
-angel eyes
-i drive
-comfortable seats
-well positioned steering wheel
-HUD and Navigation
-smooth ride
-car has lots of potential in the looks dept.
-great a/c
-its a BMW (MY FIRST)

Also What does LCI stand for? Im a newbie to the BMW world so be nice.
also how do i turn off the ac/heat? (not the actual a/c/ but the fans so they dont blow anything completely off) Sometime I like to rdive with the window open but the air keeps blowing even at its lowest fan speed setting.
Old 07-27-2007 | 12:45 PM
Former Vendor

My Ride: F13 M6

LCI=life cycle impulse, aka facelift. you could control climate settings in the idrive. also, maybe you should consider "chipping" your 535 for more power. check this thread out as an option: http://forums.e60.net/index.php?showtopic=42899&hl= . hope this helps.
Old 07-27-2007 | 01:05 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2006 525i, Premium,Cold,Xenon Packages

-it is almost impossible to come to a smooth stop with this car the trans is very jerky on deceleration/downshifts.
-stock radio sucks, their absolutely is no front image what so ever. and absolutely no bass.. I have to literally turn it 3/4 of the way up to get a decent sound.
Yep, these 2 problems since 2006 model.. the jerkyness is very annoying.. ppl who sit next to me think I cannot drive this properly when coming to traffic light stop lol..
Old 07-27-2007 | 01:11 PM
Members

Oh I forgot to mention. The PROcede will go in next month!! Just waiting for them to figure out the battery drain issue and the V2 and MAP upgrades.
Old 07-27-2007 | 01:21 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2007 E63 AMG | Obsidian Black | Schwarzes Nappa | Black BirdEye Maple | Premium II Package | Electronic Trunk Closer | Parktronic Engine: RPi/Powerchips custom ECU tune, RPi Ram Air Kit (BMC filter, scoops), RennTech Sport exhaust, secondary cats, charcoal and resonator delete, custom AAA x-pipe Exterior: 50% side windows / 35% rear window Formula One Pinnacle Series | Flat AMG hood emblem Suspension: Renntech Lowering Module Wheels/Tires: Radenergie R10, Falken FK452 245/30/20, Yokohama ADVAN Sport 285/25/20 ----------------------------------------- 2005 545i Sport SMG | Ti Grau | Schwarzes Dakota | Anthracite Maple | Logic 7 | Nav Engine: Custom AFE CAI, Superchips ECU remap, Sprint Booster, RDSport Dual Exhaust Conversion with Quad Pipes and X-pipe, 3 resonators deleted, 90mm tips! Exterior: M-Tech Aero kit | M5 Mirrors | M5 Rear Bumper | Trunk Lid Finisher | Vorsteiner decklid spoiler | 50% Formula One Pinnacle Tint Suspension and Brakes: Bilstein PSS9 coilovers, JBT BBK: 16" cross-drilled rotors, 8 piston and 15" cross-drilled rotors, 4 piston Wheels: VIP Modular VR 02 20x9F, 20x10R | Toyo T1R 245/30/20F, 285/25/20R Lights: PIAA 4150K Xtreme White Plus fog lights, AIB v3 MOST IMPORTANT: Hardwired V1; =) ED Date: 4/7/05, Re-delivery date: 5/21/05

Originally Posted by alexgtp' post='452684' date='Jul 27 2007, 01:34 PM
Well today I hit the 1500 miles barrier. So after some driving around town I decided to go on the freeway and go to WOT.
Well I was very disappointed with the aceleration of this car. .

-could not even break the RWD car's tires loose
-low end troque was almost non existent
-a bit of a turbo lag ( i came from a SC vechicle which had gobs of torque and accelerations was instantaneous)
-You could feel the HP as the the rpm's went up.. but i was expecting a flatter / more uniform tq/hp curve. I would love too see the dyno charts on this car.
I took both the 2008 535i and 550i on back-to-back test drives two days ago. Down low the two are just about equal in terms of acceleration. I understand why BMW only had them separated by two/tenths of a second. There is a slight turbo lag before the delivery of torque from a stop. The shifting, even without the Sport Auto, was quick. Interesting you say that the 535i's power isn't flat. I rather thought it was. I didn't get a chance to open the 535i up on the highway but torquey5, who is a CA at BMW of SF, has said that the power drops off up top whereas the 550i, the power keeps building.
Old 07-27-2007 | 01:49 PM
ipp
Senior Members

My Ride: 07' 530d - M-Sport - Titanium Silver / Black Dakota leather 08' 120i - M-Sport - Alpine White III / Black Sensatec

My experience with BMWs is that you doesn't feel that you are going very fast until you look at the speedo.

BMW never said that the USB option would work with MP3 player, only iPods asd USB memorys.

BTW what car are you coming from?
Old 07-27-2007 | 02:04 PM
Members

Ipods ..LOL!
I did not know the USB would only work with memory stick and or ipod. Thanks for the info.

I was coming from a Pontiac Grand Prix GTP (3.8 L Supercharged) Of course I had it slightly modded. Smaller Sc pulley, Water to air IC, headers, reprogrammed PCM. rebuilt trans with gearing, Ran a best of 12.5xx at 108MPH with well over 100 track passes

Befor that I had a novi charged 5.7 L mustang with a full cage that ran low 10's back in the early 90's

But the car had 190K+ miles and was starting to fall apart after so much driving and racing it..

I have always liked the BMW so it was a natural choice when I heard that they were coming out with the N54 motor in a 5 series that was a match made in heaven. The 3 series imho too small and too many knuckleheads drive them..LOL (j/K).

Well IM sure the more i learn to drive this car the more enjoyment I will get out of it.

Now to add some staggered rims and PROcede and that should satisfy me for a while..LOL!!
Old 07-27-2007 | 02:04 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 535i: June 6th start build, complete June 17th, at NY Port July 5th, at dealer July 10th, took delivery Friday July 13- Plantimum Bronze/Natural Brown Leather/Light Poplar, Sport Package, Sport Auto, Active Steering, Premium Package, CWP & PDC. Dinan Performance Software 384hp & 421 ft/lbs.

Maybe something is wrong with your car. I do not have turbo lag and this is not my first turbo car. Even at upper speeds the 535 (70-90 mph) feels stronger than my 545. Can't wait for a magazine test.
Old 07-27-2007 | 04:01 PM
Members

Didn't I hear that BMW itself is coming out with "performance parts"?? And isn't one of these a "chip"?

Argent60
Old 07-27-2007 | 04:05 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 11 550i Sophisto Gray/Oyster Black/Anthracite, Sprt Trns, DHP, IAS, SP, PP1, PP2, CWP, HUD, DAP, AVSP, SF RS, CA, ACC - Euro Del

If you want to break traction, turn off DTC and DSC. Otherwise they are designed to prohibit breaking of traction.

Please list your location. It allows us to better help you and it makes the board more interesting. some features of the car are country specific.

Quick Reply: new 535i owner