E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

New 535i biturbo

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2006, 07:21 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2006 530i Sport Silver Gray - Black Leather - Anthracite Maple Manual Transmission Premium Audio Cold Weather Package Rear sunshade Sirius Radio Autobahnd Roadblock (3M) film kit

Originally Posted by Ricracing' post='300900' date='Jun 21 2006, 11:18 AM
I'm from Finland so it is not "our" site.

I speak several languages but the www.bmw.se (Sweden) is one of the best BMW sites in Europe.

Follow my step:

1) www.bmw.se
2) Under the topic Media you find "Nyheter"
3) Under the topic Produktnyheter you can find the link
"Elegans n?r den ?r som b?st: Nya BMW 3-serie Coup?" dated the 26th of April

The news has actually been edited since I read it the first time.

I'm following you. I know where you're from. I just didn't know if you had your own country site, or if you were made to share the market information within the region under another country site - specifically the one you always mention. I made the assumption that you don't have a site for your country mainly because you always seem to reference the .se site. I figured it was "yours". I don't really see how my use of a word "your" should be a point of discussion here. Unless of course you want to paint me as the idiot American...

I did follow to the area -assuming it was the "news" or "media" section and I read it. I edited my post above before you posted your reply to me, but you wouldn't have seen that while you were composing.
Old 06-21-2006, 07:32 AM
Contributors

My Ride: My ex-ride: EU '08 LCI 520dA. Space Grey, Sport Seats in Black Leather/Fabric Anthracite, Sport Steering Wheel, A/C with Extended Features, Hi-Fi Speakers, Cup Holders, Cruise with Braking function, Folding Rear Seats, Xenons, Park Distance Control.

Originally Posted by aybeesea' post='300890' date='Jun 21 2006, 06:03 PM
Hmmm... remember that a US gallon is 80% of other gallons.
ABC

Calculations made with US Gallon.

1 US Gallon is 3.785 litres.
Old 06-21-2006, 07:40 AM
Contributors

My Ride: My ex-ride: EU '08 LCI 520dA. Space Grey, Sport Seats in Black Leather/Fabric Anthracite, Sport Steering Wheel, A/C with Extended Features, Hi-Fi Speakers, Cup Holders, Cruise with Braking function, Folding Rear Seats, Xenons, Park Distance Control.

Originally Posted by UUronL' post='300902' date='Jun 21 2006, 06:21 PM
I'm following you. I know where you're from. I just didn't know if you had your own country site, or if you were made to share the market information within the region under another country site - specifically the one you always mention. I made the assumption that you don't have a site for your country mainly because you always seem to reference the .se site. I figured it was "yours". I don't really see how my use of a word "your" should be a point of discussion here. Unless of course you want to paint me as the idiot American...
I did follow to the area -assuming it was the "news" or "media" section and I read it. I edited my post above before you posted your reply to me, but you wouldn't have seen that while you were composing.
Let's not be picky...

Glad that the correct info was found!

English is only my third language so sometimes my words and expression might go wrong.

The EU is not as a solid continent as North America (US and Canada).
BMW has own sites for all EU languages (more than 15)
and they are somewhat independencly updated.

The Finnish BMW.fi -site is always after its time :thumbsdown:
Old 06-21-2006, 07:49 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2006 530i Sport Silver Gray - Black Leather - Anthracite Maple Manual Transmission Premium Audio Cold Weather Package Rear sunshade Sirius Radio Autobahnd Roadblock (3M) film kit

Originally Posted by Ricracing' post='300917' date='Jun 21 2006, 11:40 AM
Let's not be picky...

Glad that the correct info was found!

English is only my third language so sometimes my words and expression might go wrong.

The EU is not as a solid continent as North America (US and Canada).
BMW has own sites for all EU languages (more than 15)
and they are somewhat independencly updated.

The Finnish BMW.fi -site is always after its time :thumbsdown:

Yeah, I wasn't sure how granular the site breakouts were in EU. Glad to know a good source of data I can pick through. Wasn't too hard to figure out the interesting bits.

Thanks for pointing out the new info.
Old 06-21-2006, 07:57 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by aybeesea' post='300890' date='Jun 21 2006, 11:03 AM
Hmmm... remember that a US gallon is 80% of other gallons.

ABC

I found this tool:

http://www.guycroft.clara.net/utils/mpgfromk.html

Gives you MPG for Imperial gallons as well as US gallons. Riracing was correct as he accounted for the proper type of gallon.
Old 06-21-2006, 03:50 PM
Contributors

Thanks UUronL.

There's a wide world outside the US and lots of academic knowledge.

Not all of us wants to make a war about it
Old 06-21-2006, 04:30 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Ricracing' post='301113' date='Jun 21 2006, 07:50 PM
Thanks UUronL.

There's a wide world outside the US and lots of academic knowledge.

Not all of us wants to make a war about it

Yes, not many Americans make it outside the country very often, and then most only travel to a small set of scripted tourist destinations. Those who have attempted to estimate the percentage of Americans who own passports have made claims ranging from 7% to 25%, so I guess some of the preconceptions about us are probably fair. I have been lucky enough to experience the world far outside that realm, but I could certainly see more.

Thanks again.
Old 06-21-2006, 05:50 PM
Contributors

My Ride: -04 530D

Originally Posted by UUronL' post='301132' date='Jun 22 2006, 02:30 AM
I have been lucky enough to experience the world far outside that realm, but I could certainly see more.

Thanks again.
We are never ready and we can always learn more. It's only attidude which prevent us sometimes.

peace,

Skaffa