E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

New 525i with a mind of it's own

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2005, 03:06 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: Numero Uno in Richmond Va 04 530 6 speed, jet black, black dakota leather, xenons, red rear reflectors, 545 front grill, cold weather package, premium package, staggered 19 inch BBS rxII/michelins, H&R coilovers and intergrated, R1 concept drilled an
Model Year: 2004
Engine: 530i

Stoogefan VB where is that i have been trying to figure that one out. I guess its like one of those personalised plates it will hit me but for right now i am lost. As i said though those guys at the Broad street store lost my confidence a couple of years ago when they completly wrecked my e34 and i had to replace the engine for not being able to diagnose and or fix a head gasket leak that i had diagnosed for them. They also killed my cars electrical system that i had to have most completly done over, so as you can see they are do do if you ask me.

Talk to my SA Mike Herschfield and tell him that Andrew Carter refered you he is quiet possibly the best SA that i have ever delt with and a pretty stand up guy as far a SA and BMWs are concerned. As for the mechanics they are a cut above and they atleast do try.

Good luck on your car in the near future till then peace
Old 03-14-2005, 05:25 AM
Contributors

My Ride: (USA) 645Ci, Silver Gray, Chateau, Cold Weather PKG, Premium Sound PKG, Sport PKG, Step, NAV [Std Equip in 645], HUD, Satellite (SIRIUS) Radio, Aux Input, Bluetooth enabled using iPhone 3GS w/ adapter cradle - Build date - 01/05, Baby delivered 2/24/05

Originally Posted by buddy' date='Mar 14 2005, 06:06 AM
Stoogefan VB where is that i have been trying to figure that one out.? I guess its like one of those personalised plates it will hit me but for right now i am lost.? As i said though those guys at the Broad street store lost my confidence a couple of years ago when they completly wrecked my e34 and i had to replace the engine for not being able to diagnose and or fix a head gasket leak that i had diagnosed for them.? They also killed my cars electrical system that i had to have most completly done over, so as you can see they are do do if you ask me.?

Talk to my SA Mike Herschfield and tell him that Andrew Carter refered you he is quiet possibly the best SA that i have ever delt with and a pretty stand up guy as far a SA and BMWs are concerned.? As for the mechanics they are a cut above and they atleast do try.

[snapback]101232[/snapback]
It's got to be Virginia Beach - you know the Tidewater Area as the Norfolk folks like to call it (not too many VBers do though). I used to live there and later worked there while living in Florida. Commuted every other week end (837.2 miles one way) for 3 years.

What was wrong with Checkered Flag on VB Blvd? Got an Audi there and was treated really well while it was in area.
Old 03-14-2005, 08:21 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: MY05 545i Jet Black with Auburn interior. SMG, Logic7, Sport Package, Comfort Seats, Navigation.

I also had the same problem, the radio, HVAC and i-drive would all turn on by itself while parked. Draining my battery in the process and lead my SMG to fail (I jumped my car with donor's car running).

The flat bed towed my car in for the first service. They couldn't find anything wrong witht he software, so they replaced the whole transmission ( I know it sounds strange). The second time I noticed my car was having a party without me, I took a picture with my cellphone and showed to the tecnitian. They updated my TIS softwere as result.

I am still having a problem of a weir tapping noises coming out of the engine. 2 dealer attemps have lead to nowhere. I finally called BMWNA and they told me to live with it and hopefulle, the noise will go away by itself
Old 03-14-2005, 08:28 AM
Senior Members

Get a copy of your state's Lemon Laws. There are very specific criteria defining what situations constitute a 'Lemon' car. If your situation fits one of the definitions, you are entitled to a new car.

Even if you don't want the new car, or don't quite match the situation, letting the dealer and BMWNA know you are aware of the criteria will certainly help you get attention.

It seems like the 5 series has some serious problems with a few cars. Mine has been absolutely perfect, along with a number of others I've heard of. There have also been a number of 5's with just horrific problems. Good luck!
Old 03-15-2005, 05:05 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: Numero Uno in Richmond Va 04 530 6 speed, jet black, black dakota leather, xenons, red rear reflectors, 545 front grill, cold weather package, premium package, staggered 19 inch BBS rxII/michelins, H&R coilovers and intergrated, R1 concept drilled an
Model Year: 2004
Engine: 530i

Originally Posted by cobradav' date='Mar 14 2005, 08:25 AM
[quote name='buddy' date='Mar 14 2005, 06:06 AM']Stoogefan VB where is that i have been trying to figure that one out.? I guess its like one of those personalised plates it will hit me but for right now i am lost.? As i said though those guys at the Broad street store lost my confidence a couple of years ago when they completly wrecked my e34 and i had to replace the engine for not being able to diagnose and or fix a head gasket leak that i had diagnosed for them.? They also killed my cars electrical system that i had to have most completly done over, so as you can see they are do do if you ask me.?

Talk to my SA Mike Herschfield and tell him that Andrew Carter refered you he is quiet possibly the best SA that i have ever delt with and a pretty stand up guy as far a SA and BMWs are concerned.? As for the mechanics they are a cut above and they atleast do try.

[snapback]101232[/snapback]
It's got to be Virginia Beach - you know the Tidewater Area as the Norfolk folks like to call it (not too many VBers do though). I used to live there and later worked there while living in Florida. Commuted every other week end (837.2 miles one way) for 3 years.

What was wrong with Checkered Flag on VB Blvd? Got an Audi there and was treated really well while it was in area.
[snapback]101272[/snapback]
[/quote]

Yep that is what i was thinking after i signed off, darn license plates, lol darn that is a commute i would love to do it in a e60 but i bet it got tiresum anywho i have not had any dealings with checkerd flag on Va beach blvd but they have to be better than Crown Bmw of broad street.