E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Nem confort seat with model 2008??

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2007, 11:19 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2008 535xi Monaco Blue Dark Burl Walnut Black Leather Comfort Package Sports Package Cold Weather Package Nav Logic 7 18" Sport Wheels Xenon Interior and License Plate Light Upgrade

Originally Posted by SuperGreg' post='473552' date='Sep 24 2007, 09:40 AM
I like them, thanks for posting!
I think they are good looking seats... Haven't sat in them yet but will post once I get my car...
Old 09-24-2007, 02:06 PM
Members

Yep does look like just the headrests in comparison to mine received 2 weeks ago, I must be one of the last to have the old style comfort seats! Seems to me the configurator pictures don't really show a true likeness.

Personally I don't like the design of the new comfort headrest where the whole headrest folds in from the sides, but then they may actually _feel_ more comfortable.
Old 09-24-2007, 03:36 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2005 530i Individual, DVD Package, HUD, Bluetooth, Comfort Seats, SR, etc

maybe the new one is more comfortable and safer...but the old ones had something very unique and upscale feel to them....it stood out from the cars without one.....i just like the looks of mine better than the new one....the sport seats looked good though...does anyone know if BMW is doing the edge pipin in different shade like the Range Rover ....i love that for some reason...
Old 09-24-2007, 04:27 PM
Members

Would the current head rests from the comfort seats fit a 06 530 with sport pkg? Thanks in advance.
Old 09-24-2007, 04:41 PM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: G30 M550i
Model Year: 2018

Originally Posted by jami123' post='473766' date='Sep 24 2007, 08:27 PM
Would the current head rests from the comfort seats fit a 06 530 with sport pkg? Thanks in advance.
http://forums.e60.net/index.php?s=&sho...st&p=473761
Old 09-25-2007, 11:38 AM
Contributors

My Ride: My ex-ride: EU '08 LCI 520dA. Space Grey, Sport Seats in Black Leather/Fabric Anthracite, Sport Steering Wheel, A/C with Extended Features, Hi-Fi Speakers, Cup Holders, Cruise with Braking function, Folding Rear Seats, Xenons, Park Distance Control.

Since EU MY '08, from Sept. built E60's, have now the anti-Whiplash function, including all seat versions.

"Whiplash is the common name for neck sprains, such as those caused by hyper extension/flexion injury to the cervical, thoracic or lumbar spines. The injury is referred to as "whiplash" due to the neck or back being thrown forwards and/or backwards at a rapid speed. This may cause the fibres of the neck muscles to tear, resulting in pain and often a decreased range of movement."
Old 10-25-2007, 05:41 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2004 BMW E60 525dA - Comf. seat, Hi-Fi Logic7, Navi prof, carphone prof, seat ventilation, Dynamic Drive, Active steering ++ Retrofits:- 9x20 & 10x20 BMW Style 101 w/ 255/30 ZR20 and 305/25 ZR20- 35/35 H&R sport springs - M-sport package- M5 trunk li

Here is pictures of the new sport seat headrest..

Old 10-25-2007, 09:30 AM
Contributors

My Ride: My ex-ride: EU '08 LCI 520dA. Space Grey, Sport Seats in Black Leather/Fabric Anthracite, Sport Steering Wheel, A/C with Extended Features, Hi-Fi Speakers, Cup Holders, Cruise with Braking function, Folding Rear Seats, Xenons, Park Distance Control.

My order with standard fabric seats should look about this:

Attached Thumbnails Nem confort seat with model 2008??-520da__08_3.jpg  
Old 10-25-2007, 09:37 AM
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 530i M-sports package, carbon black,Beige leather dakota, Steptronic, active steering, anti-theft alarm, sunblinds for rear window and back seat window, interior and exterior mirror with anti-dazzel function, poplar brown dark, comfort seats, PDC, extended lights package, Hi-Fi loudspeakers, Innovation Package (contains Xenon, Headlight washers, adaptive headlights, Comfort access), automatic air-conditioning, professional radio, individual high gloss satine chrome,Sunroof

I really hate the fact that they go the same way as MB did on a design point of view.I never liked the headrests in new MBs. :thumbsdown:
Old seats looked much better but if it is important for safety then you cant really do anything
Old 10-25-2007, 11:00 AM
Banned

I think the old seats were ALMOST perfect except for in general the comfort seats need MUCH bigger thigh-side bolsters to hold your butt/thighs in place. You could argue these are luxury comfort seats and therefore do not need or be designed for agressive driving but then they design the side bolsters that tighten in to hold you extremely tight in place and taht really has ntohing to do with comfort-it is for performance.

So thigh bolsters like the sport seats would be ideal addition to the comfort seats.

Second I do not see how whiplash was a problem with the olds seats. Atleast for me I always have them positioned with the upper back/head rest moved forward quite a bit so that when I am sittijng for normal driving my entire back/upper back and head are cradled by the seat. There is no room behind my head and the head rest-maybe half an inch.

I thought the old seats already did have the headrest that moves forward-atleast moves with the upper back piece. am I missing something here or how is this any different than having just the head rest move forward.

I assume if you did drive with the old seats in a forward position like me where your head was cradled then the new seats offer no benefit.

Also compared to any regular seats the old seats did have that ability to move forward in the upper back/neck/head area and cradle your head and back-no other regular seat without this could do that-you woul dhave a huge gap between your upper back and head-and behind you to the upper seat /head rest. So how could bmw have performed so much worse compared to most seats which are like this.

Quick Reply: Nem confort seat with model 2008??