E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Need technical advise about dual tuner radio's

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2004, 03:38 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am having some trouble with my FM modulator and I was wondering if someone could chime in and tell me how the pro radio works.

I know that it features a dual tuner (and dual antenna?) system and I was wondering if someone could tell me how this system exactly works. Are there 2 antennas & antenna cables connected to the radio, or is it just one cable that features two separate antenna signals? Any technical information like schematics etc. that you can find would be very helpful since my installer is clueless and unless someone comes up with a solution my Keg with FM mod. will get back out of my car in just a couple of days.

Thanks in advance!
Old 07-12-2004, 03:36 PM
Senior Members

Anyone? I already bought a 1 day subscription to bmwtis.com but couldn't find any technical information related to this, so I was wondering if anyone out there who has access to all technical info could chime in, I would be surprised if there was no data at all available about this.

Please help otherwise my Keg with FM modulator will be removed within the next 3 days (my car is at the dealer right now for the next 3 days to fix various bugs - I think my list with problems contains at least 20 items).
Old 07-12-2004, 03:56 PM
Senior Members

Go to SBT; select E60 and your model, search for "tuner" Then do a search for "aerials"

Also search for audio and CCC and M-ASK to get a general overview of how the car deals with Audio recieved from the tuners across MOST

DIS will also have wiring diagrams...

Email me if you can't find it still...
Old 07-12-2004, 06:17 PM
sj3
Senior Members

The dual tuner and "diversity' antenna are two separate features. One of the tuners is constantly searching the dial and updates the all-stations display. The other tuner is the one you're listening to. Sorry I can't help with wiring and exactly how many antennas there are (the car evaluates the signal quality from each of the antennas and selects the best one) or how they're connected.

Sam