E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Need some advice.

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2009, 08:37 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by porsche911targa' post='985336' date='Aug 22 2009, 09:42 AM
Great answer. Seems like the lesson of PRIORITIES is lost on most other posters. Education should be the only thing on the OP's mind. If he lives on campus he should get by with a scooter. We all want the finest things in life, but first we need to build a very solid foundation before we go out there and get them. $260 a week and $1200 aside is not a foundation. $1200 wouldn't even get a brake job on the E60. This type of thinking is what led this country to its current misery.

Good for you for showing that you are thinking hard about your options. At your age and in your current financial situation, it should be a no brainer and get rid of the car. Once you get the education and a few years of work experience under your belt, you'll be able to REALLY afford an E60 and by that time they'll have even better models out. Then again, you might want to consider securing a house first and then the 5er. It's called paying your dues and it is sweeter when you put your own blood, sweat, and tears toward achieving your dreams of BMW ownership. Something tells me that you will do the right thing and put the money toward your education first and wait for the rest later. Good luck.
I know my best option is to sell the car but i just dont think its right to let it go for cheap. My financial aid went through so i dont have to worry about school payments. Ill be getting an extended warranty on the car and hopefully everything goes alright. I also spoke with my father before i decided to keep it and he said that he would back me incase something goes wrong. I appreciate all your comments and suggestions regardless of me keeping the car. I think you all know that if i had the slightest hint i wouldnt be able to continue with the car i would have sold it. Today's meet made me appreciate my car and i just cant see myself letting it go for 16k. It kills me I'll be moving to the city in a year and half so when that time comes ill get rid of the car and bank the money, seeing as i dont need a vehicle in the city.

Thanks again guys
Old 08-22-2009, 08:47 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by augustrush42' post='983550' date='Aug 20 2009, 01:21 PM
Thanks Im gonna hold out for a little bit more until i get news on my financial aid. It shouldnt be long. After that i'll weigh my options again. If any fanatics here are looking for a nice 545i and are willing to pay more than 17k.. Let me know

Sadly, I'm willing to bet your aid will be denied if you've filed for it this late. They are very drained now and there is no money in the system for FAFSA apps. I know, it happened to a few friends of mine.
Old 08-22-2009, 09:18 AM
Members

Originally Posted by Howitzer' post='985425' date='Aug 22 2009, 12:47 PM
Sadly, I'm willing to bet your aid will be denied if you've filed for it this late. They are very drained now and there is no money in the system for FAFSA apps. I know, it happened to a few friends of mine.
I just moved from GA so i had to wait to see how i was going to fill it out here. I actually turned everything in about a month and a half ago It was taking so long because they needed extra paperwork and it had to be reviewed by a counselor.