E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Need owner of an LCI model to help with tail lights

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2007, 01:42 PM
Contributors

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: BMW E60 520d SE Saloon M47 2.0dTitanium Grey II, Grey−Dakota Leather, Visibility Package, Media Package, Through Load System, Lumbar support − fr seats, Automatic Air Conditioning−Advanced, High beam assistant, Hi−Fi Loudspeak
Model Year: 2006

What settings do you want to check. DRL settings are under the i menu and under Vehicle.

Infact now's the perfect time to run out and check the lights in the dark, it does get dark quite late these days.

Just put the lights one and see which bulbs light up. Don't worry about brakes and fog etc. All we're interested in is there any time when the rods are back lit with the dim red lights. From you previous picture it seems not.
Old 05-11-2007, 01:46 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 520d LCI, old engine, manual, black dakota, platingrau II, standard (242?) rims.

Originally Posted by bruce_miranda' post='423455' date='May 11 2007, 04:42 PM
What settings do you want to check. Infact nows the perfect time to run out and check the lights in the dark, it does get dark quite late these days.

Just put the normal lights now and see which bulbs light up.
I just did that - could not get the center light to turn off. Rods + center light are on if I put the lights on.
Unfortunately, no one is around at the moment to press the brakes. I'll do it tomorrow.
Old 05-11-2007, 01:51 PM
Contributors

My Ride: BMW E60 520d SE Saloon M47 2.0dTitanium Grey II, Grey−Dakota Leather, Visibility Package, Media Package, Through Load System, Lumbar support − fr seats, Automatic Air Conditioning−Advanced, High beam assistant, Hi−Fi Loudspeak

Originally Posted by boukehj' post='423458' date='May 11 2007, 10:46 PM
I just did that - could not get the center light to turn off. Rods + center light are on if I put the lights on.
Unfortunately, no one is around at the moment to press the brakes. I'll do it tomorrow.
When you mean center light do you mean the light in the circle labled fog (see picture)? Because there are 3 lights, the circle and then 2 behind the LED rods. You don't see any light (labeled tail and brake) behind the LED rods. Correct.

Need owner of an LCI model to help with tail lights-rlr_e60.jpg
Old 05-11-2007, 01:57 PM
Members

My Ride: 520d LCI, old engine, manual, black dakota, platingrau II, standard (242?) rims.

Originally Posted by bruce_miranda' post='423461' date='May 11 2007, 04:51 PM
When you mean center light do you mean the light in the circle labled fog (see picture)? Because there are 3 lights, the circle and then 2 behind the LED rods. You don't see any light (labeled tail and brake) behind the LED rods. Correct.

Attachment 32043
Correct on both assumptions.
With center light I mean the round light, i.e. the fog light.
And both light bulbs behind the LED rods are completely off.
Old 05-11-2007, 02:00 PM
Contributors

Next mystery to solve then is how did Nick show that photo of an LCI car with the bulbs behind the LED rods lit. What conditions were those taken under. I'm assuming that no one was pressing the brake while Nicks photo was being taken because thats the only this that would explain it.
Old 05-11-2007, 02:28 PM
Members

My Ride: 520d saloon, manual 6 ratios, olivin metallic, star spoke 122 alloys, delete boot badge, bi-xenon adaptive headlights including washers, graduated tinted windscreen, exterior and interior mirror auto dimming plus electric folding door mirrors, extended light package, dakota beige leather, dark poplar wood, electric seat adjustment including memory function, heated front seats, advanced climate control, velour floor mats, sliding front armrest, lumbar support for front seats.

Originally Posted by bruce_miranda' post='423467' date='May 11 2007, 11:00 PM
Next mystery to solve then is how did Nick show that photo of an LCI car with the bulbs behind the LED rods lit. What conditions were those taken under. I'm assuming that no one was pressing the brake while Nicks photo was being taken because thats the only this that would explain it.
Someone obviously had their foot on the brake as the light rods and the brake lights are lit.
Old 05-11-2007, 02:36 PM
Members

I'm very puzzled why the fog light turns on dimly, but only sometimes. Check out these promotion pictures:

Need owner of an LCI model to help with tail lights-p0033674_b.jpg
Need owner of an LCI model to help with tail lights-p0033675_b.jpg
Old 05-11-2007, 02:42 PM
Contributors

I think the LEDs rods will light up without the circle in the DRL mode (unless those are photoshopped).

When the lights are actually switched on, the circle and the rods light up.

The circle is bright on fog, the 2 bulbs behind the rods are bright on brake. I thought Belgium had the BFD lighting but your car doesn't and so both light up together and someone from the UK said this about their pre-LCI car too.

Unless anyone can show another actual photo to disprove this.
Old 05-11-2007, 02:46 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by boukehj' post='423489' date='May 11 2007, 05:36 PM
I'm very puzzled why the fog light turns on dimly, but only sometimes.
i think the 1st picture...the car is moving(from looking at the wheel tires treads)
on the 2nd picture, it has it's brake on and probably not moving.
Old 05-11-2007, 02:52 PM
Members

My Ride: 520d saloon, manual 6 ratios, olivin metallic, star spoke 122 alloys, delete boot badge, bi-xenon adaptive headlights including washers, graduated tinted windscreen, exterior and interior mirror auto dimming plus electric folding door mirrors, extended light package, dakota beige leather, dark poplar wood, electric seat adjustment including memory function, heated front seats, advanced climate control, velour floor mats, sliding front armrest, lumbar support for front seats.

Originally Posted by RootKit' post='423494' date='May 11 2007, 11:46 PM
i think the 1st picture...the car is moving(from looking at the wheel tires treads)
on the 2nd picture, it has it's brake on and probably not moving.
I don't think so as the high level brake light and the 2 tungsten bulbs are not lit so it cannot be braking.

Quick Reply: Need owner of an LCI model to help with tail lights