E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Need the opinion of other BMW owners

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2008, 06:01 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by MRV99' post='563429
4 months into your '04 ... you did say it was CPO.

The CPO Program Cars are supposed to undergo rigorous inspection and if I recall wear items like tires are supposed to be replaced if they are more than 50% worn.

Other parts, like brakes, etc are covered under the BMW Maintenance Plan. Refer to the inspection done on the car when you bought it. You might be in a good position to get them to cut you a break on replacement tires - unless of course you racked up lots of miles or have some suspension problem that accelerated wear on BOTH passenger side tires.

As for charging for looking that is a bit much. The manufacturer's warranty should cover an inspection for a "customer concern" but in the time ahead there is no free lunch for CPO cars after warranty - there is a deductible for each covered repair. As a young entrepreneur I'm sure you can appreciate that.
lol, i guess i should have another bone to pick with the dealer, i was double sure to ask if there was a deductible on CPO cars and they said no at time of purchase, this just keeps getting better i suppose.

I drive roughly 800 miles a month, i bought it with like 38.7k miles, it now has like 41.X k miles.

as it stands now i am over it, i was over it yesterday, but it just really pushed my buttons the wrong way, i guess we see where this leads to from here.

thank yous to everyone who chimed in.

Louie
Old 04-18-2008, 06:35 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: Estoril Blue 440i GC
Model Year: 2017

Yes, the $tealer has a right to charge for his time.

BUT - you are a new customer (I assume), and for the sake of $60, I think that it should have been waived for the greater good of the $tealership.
It has left a nasty taste in your mouth - ask yourself if you would be happy going back to them. I wouldn't be. In fact I would make a point of NOT going there, and making sure that the $tealer Principal knew that.

I had a problem with my car, which was under the UK AUC (Approved Used Car) warranty scheme. The $tealer couldn't find the fault, so then charged me for the diagnostic time! If they had found a fault, then the warranty would have paid out, but due to thier inefficiency, it didn't. Will I be going back there?? NO WAY - and I make sure that my BMW owning friends don't go there either!!

Shortly after I bought my car - which was then still under manufacturers warranty, as well as the AUC one - I had tyre problems. I took it to the supplying $tealer - not the one mentioned above, who are closer to me - I didn't expect them to replace tyres - but they pointed out one or two things to do with the RFT's. I said that I would just go elsewhere and buy a set of four proper tyres. They didn't charge me at all. Plus, when I put on proper non-RFT's, I got what seemed like a new car again - but that's another story.

Mike
Old 04-18-2008, 07:40 AM
jgt
Contributors

My Ride: E60
Model Year: 2006
Engine: N52

Originally Posted by cartek' post='563301' date='Apr 17 2008, 07:36 PM
Ok, i am going to make it relatively short and sweet, someone tell me if i am thinking about this incorrectly, but what happened at the dealer today i just didnt agree with.

I have an 04 530i. bought it a local BMW dealership, 38k miles, bought it in december. CPO. so in short it is under both factory warranty and has the CPO warranty. i have a wobble in the car at 15-30mph so i made an appointment to take it into the dealer and have it checked out, i told them that i know it is either the wheels, tires, or suspension and i just want to get it figured out which it is.

So the check it out and tell me it needs two passenger side tires. ok, cool, i tell them i am not interested in the tires and i am going to buy new wheels and tires, well they charge me for looking at it, is that right, i couldnt believe it. i dont want new tires, i understand if they are bad they are bad and it is warranty-able. fine with me, but charge me to look at my car that is under warranty! that is ridiculous IMO. what is it? a gamble to my car in for warranty work? i wonder how much i get nailed for today!

I have a pretty sour taste in my mouth, i just dont agree with this line of thinking. i spoke my piece on the phone to the advisor(also the service manager) and he wasnt really having it, so when i picked it up i just paid it, didnt say a word(i dont think anyone was there anyways) but i did write an email to the Servie manager and Dealership owner.

btw it was 61 dollars, hardly worth it to leave such a bad taste in a customers mouth, mind you i am 22 years old, and i currently own two businesses prob plenty more BMWs to come.
dude, that sucks. i mean it really depends on the service center. some are assholes, some aren't. when you get your survey, either by email or phone, just rail them in a professional manner. they will get the point and the problem should get resolved.

just out of curiousity, what type of wheels are you getting?
and what type of startup business do you have?
Old 04-18-2008, 08:09 AM
Members

Originally Posted by jgt' post='563662' date='Apr 18 2008, 10:40 AM
dude, that sucks. i mean it really depends on the service center. some are assholes, some aren't. when you get your survey, either by email or phone, just rail them in a professional manner. they will get the point and the problem should get resolved.

just out of curiousity, what type of wheels are you getting?
and what type of startup business do you have?

i did send a professional email to the dealer owner and the service manager, the satisfaction people will hear the same.

i want the M6 wheels in 20s and i have seen some replicas with a lip that i am also interested in.

i have the mtech front bumper as well.

I own a Window tint, alarm, and remote start shop for 2 years now, and have a Tmobile location going up right now, should be operational within a couple of days here.

again thanks for the help guys.
Old 04-18-2008, 08:22 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 545i with Sport Pkg, Nav, HUD, Cold Weather Pkg, Rear Shades

Don't forget that the dealer always gets paid for warranty work from BMW.

In this specific case, if a customer came in for some concern for a car that is still under warranty, I don't see how a dealer can charge for it. A customer not deciding to get the work done is a separate issue.

Here's an example: After I put on my winter tires last year Nov, I started hearing some loud roar from the tires. Since my summers were replaced under warranty for the same reason earlier in the year, I took it in to get checked. They checked it out thoroughly and reported that the tires were just fine for now. I wasn't charged for anything.

Cheers
Old 04-18-2008, 10:28 AM
Members

Originally Posted by JStraw' post='563684' date='Apr 18 2008, 11:22 AM
Don't forget that the dealer always gets paid for warranty work from BMW.

In this specific case, if a customer came in for some concern for a car that is still under warranty, I don't see how a dealer can charge for it. A customer not deciding to get the work done is a separate issue.

Here's an example: After I put on my winter tires last year Nov, I started hearing some loud roar from the tires. Since my summers were replaced under warranty for the same reason earlier in the year, I took it in to get checked. They checked it out thoroughly and reported that the tires were just fine for now. I wasn't charged for anything.

Cheers
what dealer did you use? i am in chicagoland.
Old 04-19-2008, 06:13 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 545i with Sport Pkg, Nav, HUD, Cold Weather Pkg, Rear Shades

Originally Posted by cartek' post='563777' date='Apr 18 2008, 01:28 PM
what dealer did you use? i am in chicagoland.

Bill Jacobs in Naperville.