E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need help with Nasca vs Dakota choice

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2004, 06:46 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am placing order soon (next couple of days) and I am still agonizing over this option. I live in a warmer climate (North Carolina) so I would like the ventilated seats. I am getting the Comfort seats anyway so it makes it "only" like a $2800 option.

Anyway what I noticed when I was looking was that the Nasca leather seemed cooler in the sun than the Dakota Leather (but it could have been color). I presume that the holes allow more breathing and so the heat doesn't build up as much. My current car burns my skin (white car with tinted windows-no perforations in leather).

Anyone else notice or think that Nasca is cooler in the sun then Dakota?

I am getting black. I'll never put up with those reflecting sunshields. Work and home is covered but things like the gym are not....

Other question - Differences between Jet Black and Sapphire Black???

Tentative option list: 545 steptronic, sport, logik7, nav, hud, comfort seats. Cold package vs. Vent seats and Nasca.

Thanks for the help ....
Old 08-26-2004, 06:51 AM
Contributors

I thought nasca was a must if you wanted ventilated seats.

If you get to choose, I'd go with the nasca because the dakota is far too rough and not supple enough for my taste. Not sure if it's worth the extra money though.

Some will call the dakota more durable, but I guess it should be if it's going to be that hard.
Old 08-26-2004, 06:56 AM
Senior Members

I think there is a very fine difference between jet and metallic black. If you want the absolute best looking car when it's clean, then IMO get the jet black. It looks just a bit darker and deeper than the metallic when clean. I had a metallic black Audi 2.7T, and it is a better dirt color than the Jet black. It also hides imperfections, swirl marks etc. better than Jet black. Both are beautiful, you won't be dissapointed in either.

Bottom line is, look at each for yourself and decide.
Old 08-26-2004, 07:09 AM
Members

No idea about that, but you will need holes in leather anyway choosing the ventilation option, so you won't have a real choice.

But I only have ventilation because I bought my E61 from the shop room - no chance of a choice. I wouldn't have ordered ventilation because I assumed the holes in leather will be blocked after years by dust and dirt ... hopefully not - we will see.

Regards

Jack-E61

P.S. I always have decided for metallic because it looks more luxurious ..... and is more robust in addition, I was told.
Old 08-26-2004, 08:12 AM
Contributors

Yep, if you chose the Ventilated seats, your gonna have to get the perforated Nasca leather seats, and not the Cold Weather package. If you don't get the Ventilated seats, you will end up with the Dakota.
Old 08-26-2004, 06:43 PM
Senior Members

The jet black is a much darker black. The sapphire looks like very very dark charcoal. It's more of a "off-black." Both are nice. Metallic is always going to shine up more nicely and be a little more forgiving.
Old 08-26-2004, 07:42 PM
Senior Members

300TTto545 - You have very good taste! I went through the exact same thought process. I am not sure if the Nasca will be "cooler" than the dakota but it may be as there is less surface area due to the perforations. Living in SW Florida and chosing a black exterior I feel the vent. seats will be worth the $$$. Every color interior cloth or leather, tinted or not , gets hot down here. About jet vs metallic, the previous posts are pretty much true. I find the jet black to be true black while the metallic has some flecks of gold and purple making it a shade lighter. Go to a dealer and see the colors in person on a sunny day. Pictures will not give you an accurate observation. The rest of your options look great. Consider the Sat Radio prep its only $75 and will make adding it on easier after market. If you want to wait for six weeks I'll tell you more when my car arrives (fingers crossed) .
Old 08-26-2004, 07:53 PM
Senior Members

300TTto545 I forgot to mention that I ordered a 545 Jet black with all the options you want without vent seats and Nasca and Logic 7. It is sitting at a dealership near you as I decided to wait for a 2005 and add the above options. PM me if you have any further questions.
Old 08-27-2004, 05:16 AM
Members

I had to go with Nasca since the ventilated seets was a must for me.
It will be 1 year old in 5 or 6 weeks and still looks great.
I went for beige which still gets pretty hot in direct sunlight. But ventilated seets is something i really love about my car...