E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Need help!

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2007, 03:34 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2005 545i | Black Sapphire Metallic | Black Dakota Leather | Anthracite Maple | 6 Speed Manual | Sport Package | Logic 7 | Sirius Satellite Radio
Model Year: 2005

Since you are located in Souther California I doubt that it is the thermometer. That will beep when the temperature reaches 37 degrees as a warning that the roads might be slippery. Does it happen when you are driving, stopped, reversing? Is it at a certain speed? Is the car low on fuel? Is there anything message on the bottom of the iDrive display or in the odometer display?
Old 12-05-2007, 03:37 PM
Members

My Ride: 2008 528i - Premium, Xenon, iPod, Sport.

Originally Posted by keith84_uk' post='503217' date='Dec 5 2007, 04:33 PM
That's what i though as well, make sure you set your speed limit to 155mph so you wont hear those beeping sound again (joking)
But please check with your speed limit setting in your idrive
Will do, but as mentioned before I dont think this is causing the sound.
Thanks
Old 12-05-2007, 03:53 PM
Members

Originally Posted by BrianTx5' post='503218' date='Dec 5 2007, 04:34 PM
Since you are located in Souther California I doubt that it is the thermometer. That will beep when the temperature reaches 37 degrees as a warning that the roads might be slippery. Does it happen when you are driving, stopped, reversing? Is it at a certain speed? Is the car low on fuel? Is there anything message on the bottom of the iDrive display or in the odometer display?
BrianTx5,
The sound usually occurs while I am driving. If the stereo is playing, the sound will lower and you will hear the 3 beaps. It is very diffferent to the low fuel warning indicator. Car has plenty of fuel. There is no message on the bottom of the iDrive or odometer display. It is a very strange thing. It is 3 beaps and then nothing. It usually happens on my way to and from work everyday. At first I thought it was iDrive indicating I needed service, but I dont think that is the case. My car has 3800 miles on it and this sound just recently started about a week ago, but it has been constant everyday I am in the car. All i can say is, think of the 3 beaps before a bomb goes off and that is what the sound is like. Kind of when you press the voice command button on the stering wheel and you get the 1 beap before the computer talks to you. In this case you just get 3 beaps and nothing else. Thanks fro your help.
Old 12-05-2007, 05:44 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 08 550 Carbon Sport Almost everything factory, but no sound upgrades.

My RAZR phone beeps (through the car system) when battery is about to expire. That tooks several weeks to figure out. I read the print clear off the E60 manual looking for what was beeping.
Old 12-05-2007, 09:06 PM
Members

My Ride: 2008 E60 520iA Petrol

Originally Posted by sixcard' post='503282' date='Dec 6 2007, 06:44 AM
My RAZR phone beeps (through the car system) when battery is about to expire. That tooks several weeks to figure out. I read the print clear off the E60 manual looking for what was beeping.
+1 Was just gonna post the same reason, thats probably it..check if you have a paired phone. It can beep if it gets unpaired for some reason or if your phone looses the signal or it out of battery. Cause when you say it lowers the radio volume and then you hear the beeps, they are coming from the NAV, Phone or CC. (..i hope)
Old 12-06-2007, 12:21 AM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: G30 530i M-sport
Model Year: 2018

Originally Posted by tas_t_budds' post='503354' date='Dec 6 2007, 07:06 AM
Cause when you say it lowers the radio volume and then you hear the beeps, they are coming from the NAV, Phone or CC. (..i hope)
+1 ... the fact that your stereo volume falls before you hear the beep, suggests that the source of the beep is either phone, Nav, or the CC
Old 12-06-2007, 02:30 AM
Contributors

My Ride: BMW 550i 2007 M-Kit installed- 367 BHP Sapphire black, comfort seats, comfort access, HUD, Professional Nav, Logic 7.

Originally Posted by cyberbman' post='503176' date='Dec 6 2007, 02:36 AM
Hello everyone. Recently while driving at random times, I get 3 beaps inside the car. Sound is similar to the beaps you get before a bomb goes off. I have not been able to identify what the beaps are for. I have checked the car computer and everything is fine. My 08 528 only has 3800 miles. Any help indentifying this sound will be appreciated. I have tried searching, but was not able to find a related topic. Before I call the BMW service departyment I thought I would try here first. The information on these forums are great.

Thanks...
The only beeps I hear in my E60 is the hour.... and you say it is not.... so I recommend that you try to monitor when exactly do you hear that sound and let us work it out by elimination
Old 12-06-2007, 09:12 AM
Members

Guys,
Thanks for all the info and suggestions. I will definitely keep monitoring the beeps. Hopefully tas_t_budds and MacSid are right and it is my phone causing the beeps. I will keep you guys posted and do apprecite the help...
Old 12-06-2007, 11:09 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 550i Jet Black on Black Leather, SAT with Paddles, Logic 7, Comfort Seats, NAV, Sport Package, PDC, Xenons, Sirius, Trinity 12W LED Angel Eyes, RPi GT Exhaust, M rear spoiler, ACS Roof Spoiler, Tinted Tail Lights, Bimmian Carbon Fiber Pillar Trim, Bimmian Shadow 550i emblem, RPi Scoop, E60 Forum Cling, Mtec bulbs in fog lights, Mtec 2W LED for License Plate Light Bulbs, K&N Filter, Bimmian LED Smoked Side Markers, Blackout roundels, Carbon Fiber Kidney Grills. Retired Rides - 1989 325i convertible, 1995 M3, 2002 X5, 2005 545i, 2008 X5 (Lemon)

Originally Posted by cyberbman' post='503555' date='Dec 6 2007, 10:12 AM
Guys,
Thanks for all the info and suggestions. I will definitely keep monitoring the beeps. Hopefully tas_t_budds and MacSid are right and it is my phone causing the beeps. I will keep you guys posted and do apprecite the help...
I agree that it is likely your cellphone, especially if you keep it on the belt of your pants, as then it comes in contact with the seatbelt which can press buttons at random times. Good Luck!
Old 12-10-2007, 01:37 PM
Members

Problem may be solved. Asked a Tech about the beep I was hearing in my car. He was not a 100% sure what was causing the sound but he suggested:
1) Valve stem caps for Tire Pressure System (TPS). Car is only 4 months old and I was missing 3 caps. Service Tech said car will give a signal if the caps are off. Wierd! It can also lead to the TPS system indicating low air pressure in tires. I replaced all 3 caps and have not heard the beep since. I guess they are special caps that work with the TPS system. They weren't the standard black caps.

He was not sure about the phone and the BT pairing being the source of the beep. He said it might casue a beep but could not confirm.

Lets hope the problem is solved. Now I have to make sure no mofo's take my caps...

Thanks for all the help....