E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

need good source for INPA/NCSE

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2014, 03:57 PM
Members
Senior Members

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts
My Ride: 530i
Model Year: 2004
Engine: M54

Originally Posted by ranger530i
KyleB! I could really use the copy of INPA!!
I wish I could help you. I was never able to get a copy working from any downloaded versions.

The only version of INPA, NCSE, etc that I was able to get working was the package that was bundled with my cable that I got from BM Technic. Unfortunately, BM Technic is no more. It's a shame too, because the way they have/had the software setup makes it sooooooo freaking easy to use. It seems now there are a million and one places that'll sell you a cable, but they leave it up to you to find the software.
Old 02-11-2014, 05:42 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2010 BMW 535i M-Sport Package M Double Spoke 135 Wheels Shadowline Trim Xenon Adaptive Headlights HID LED AE Anthracite Headliner

I bought this cable on ebay and it came with the bundled software package. Even though it came from Romania, the cable and software works!
http://www.ebay.com/itm/BMW-MINI-USB...31cd03&vxp=mtr

I just changed my battery (2010 535i Msport) and used the software and cable to register the battery. After you install the software, you have to email the hardware code to the seller so that he/she will send you the activation code. I don't know where else you can get a bootleg copy of INPA or DIS.

Last edited by Black Thunder; 02-11-2014 at 05:51 PM.
Old 02-11-2014, 06:22 PM
New Members

My Ride: 2004 BMW 530i

Originally Posted by KyleB
I wish I could help you. I was never able to get a copy working from any downloaded versions.

The only version of INPA, NCSE, etc that I was able to get working was the package that was bundled with my cable that I got from BM Technic. Unfortunately, BM Technic is no more. It's a shame too, because the way they have/had the software setup makes it sooooooo freaking easy to use. It seems now there are a million and one places that'll sell you a cable, but they leave it up to you to find the software.
I downloaded and tried at least 24 different copies and versions of INPA software just to find out something was missing or it was a fake! I have been told there were good links out there but i guess BMW got wind of it and set their legal dogs after them
Old 02-11-2014, 06:27 PM
New Members

Originally Posted by Black Thunder
I bought this cable on ebay and it came with the bundled software package. Even though it came from Romania, the cable and software works!
BMW Mini USB OBD Diagnostic Programing Cable Inpa K D Can Dis SSS GT1 Ncsexpert | eBay

I just changed my battery (2010 535i Msport) and used the software and cable to register the battery. After you install the software, you have to email the hardware code to the seller so that he/she will send you the activation code. I don't know where else you can get a bootleg copy of INPA or DIS.
Can you vouch for this cable and software? I am starting to think I may have to go to the stealership for this one....stupid transmission software! I really appreciate all the help you guys are giving me! When I saw the last post date I was afraid no one would reply lol
Old 02-12-2014, 05:03 AM
Members

My Ride: 2010 BMW 535i M-Sport Package M Double Spoke 135 Wheels Shadowline Trim Xenon Adaptive Headlights HID LED AE Anthracite Headliner

Can you vouch for this cable and software? I am starting to think I may have to go to the stealership for this one....stupid transmission software! I really appreciate all the help you guys are giving me! When I saw the last post date I was afraid no one would reply lol
Just used the cable and software to register my battery. They have support also if you needed. Shipping wasn't too bad either. I believe it took 2 weeks for the cable and DVDs to arrived.
Old 02-12-2014, 05:37 AM
Members
Senior Members

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts
My Ride: 530i
Model Year: 2004
Engine: M54

If someone gives you a reliable vendor for cable and software, I highly advise you JUMP on it before it suddenly disappears.

Yes, it is INCREDIBLY difficult to find working copies of BMW tools.

good luck.
Old 02-12-2014, 01:19 PM
New Members

My Ride: 2006 530i, 2000 528i

Originally Posted by Black Thunder
Just used the cable and software to register my battery. They have support also if you needed. Shipping wasn't too bad either. I believe it took 2 weeks for the cable and DVDs to arrived.
Thx for the tip, just ordered one (only 7 left now, supposedly).

I had downloaded a copy from somewhere a while back (maybe bmwcoding) but it didn't work. At the time it wasn't really necessary for my e39, I used a plain OBD SW (Kamen's freeware). Now w/ my e60, I really need the INPA SW.
Old 02-12-2014, 06:03 PM
New Members

My Ride: 545i

Been looking for the same thing. If anybody finds a current link to download, please let me know.
Old 02-12-2014, 07:03 PM
New Members

Thanks guys for all the help you have given me! I'm really learning a lot!
I will also JUMP on that cable too!!!
Old 02-13-2014, 06:41 AM
twh
Members
Senior Members

Received 40 Likes on 37 Posts
My Ride: 2006 BMW 530xi 6MT
Model Year: 2006
Engine: N52

There is another option that is somewhat more limited, but way less complicated. Take a look at this: BMWLogger – Welcome to BimmerSoftware.com

Runs in PC and Mac.

I've not used it to register a new battery, but I have used it to get and clear DME codes.

When getting a cable, be sure and get a K+DCAN cable. That one works on my 2006 E60 and 2009 X5. I have an older K only cable that doesn't work on the 2009 X5.

Quick Reply: need good source for INPA/NCSE