E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

nearly ready, a few questions...

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2005, 08:08 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2011 550i; Alpine White/Black Dakota/MSport/SAT/IAS/Driver Assistance/ConveniencePkg/Prem Pkg 2/4 Zone AC/Side-Top Cameras/HUD & Black panel/BMW Apps-iPhone 4 Media/M Decklid spolier /Ventureshiled clear bra/ V1 -Ordered 4/9/11, Production 4/19, Shipped on Martorell 4/23,Arrived Port Hueneme 5/19,Delivered 5/21/11

1st, I must say this board rocks! I'm getting close to executing the ordering of a 545i. I plan on ordering from factory as I want silver/gray w/ auburn,cold weather pkg.,prem. sound, sport,step. trans.,comfort seats,shades,Nav. system, and sat. radio. I Don't think I'll find it on a lot, and I'm OK w/ the wait. Car lists for $66,515 and has an invoice of $60850. I have used a rough version variation of the Rizzo method in the past, and plan to use textbook Rizzo this time.Anyway, here's where I would like input form all of you E60 veterans. I'm accustomed to paying between $1-$2K over invoice on prior german imports, do you think I'll get any bites using Rizzo method at say $1500 over invoice for a factory ordered car? Will the fact that I'm ordering a special exterior/interior color combo trip up negotiations? Money factor of .0014 and residual of 59% sounds pretty good today, Can that part of deal be locked down on a car that wont be delivered for 2 months? Anyone have any experience with any of the 4 San Diego area dealers and sales reps, good, bad or indifferent? Many thanks in advance for your input and I'm looking forward to joining the club!
Old 03-03-2005, 08:15 PM
Members

I think you have a better chance of getting your price since you are ordering it. The car isn't on their lot taking up space and money. All they got to do is place the order for you, and they are going to get the credit, and any finance bonuses that maybe out for the lease.

If you don't get what you want, find somewhere else. Someone will definitely take you up on your offer.
Old 03-03-2005, 09:46 PM
Members

Hi, first, if you order from the factory it will likely be for a MY 2006 550i, so the invoice price with the options you desire will likely change.

Second, typically you can get a better "deal" on a car that is already in inventory. It costs dealerships a lot of $$ when cars sit on the lot.

Finally, it is unlikely you will receive a MF of .0014 and a 59% residual on a new MY 2006 550i. So, you may want to take that into account as well. And I would guess you'd be doing really well if you were able to get a 550i for ~$2,500 over invoice.

In San Diego, I prefer BMW of San Diego. They have a brand new facility and are very customer oriented. The dealership is also owned by United Auto (Penske), so they get a large volume of cars and are fair on price. They will never mark a vehicle up over MSRP, even for hard to get models. It's against company policy. If you go to BMW of SD, ask for Pat Springer, he's their number one salesman and a really good, honest guy who knows a lot about BMWs. Good luck!
Old 03-03-2005, 10:50 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 530iA Silver Grey , black interior. Premium Package, Navigation System, Head-up Display, Radio Satellite, Adaptive Xenon Headlights. AC Schnitzer Front Lip, H&R springs, Rear red reflector, All season Floor mat,

Many of the guys here get about $1500 over invoice for their car.. Good luck..
Old 03-04-2005, 07:51 AM
Banned

My Ride: '05 545i, silver gray, black leather with anthracite maple wood, sport package, premium sound, navigation, cold weather package, electric rear sunshade, folding rear seat, satellite radio prep, PIAA 4150K fogs, red rear reflectors, hardwired Valentine One

I got mine (from dealer inventory) for $1,000 over invoice, but it wasn't easy. You'll get a better deal on a car from inventory (as opposed to ordering) because the dealer has his capital tied up and every day that ticks by is costing him interest, plus selling a car today from inventory is a sure thing, vs. an ordered car which is a few months out and might not happen.
Old 03-04-2005, 08:13 AM
Members

No SMG???

I am doing a ED in late March on a 545i with basically the same options you've chosen. I got 1500 over Euro Invoice (about 7% off US Invoice) and a 0.001 MF and 61% residual on a 3 year/12k/yr lease. I know Santa Barbara is far from you but BMW of Santa Barbara (formally Cutters) is a great place to buy a BMW...a buddy of mine got 1k over Euro Invoice there.

If the interior/exterior colors you've chose are sanctioned by BMWUSA, you'll have no problem ordering the car. You should still be able to order a 545i but these lease deals BMW is handing out won't last long!