E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Navigation DVD- latest

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2010, 04:50 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2007 550i Titanium Grey Metallic - 6 Speed Manual, Sport Suspension, Premium, Cold Weather, Navigation, Shades, L7 Sound

I have the 2009.1 and that simply doesn't have the updates...2010.1 is what i was looking for if it exists? buy download ... all the same... just need a new update....

Originally Posted by BLooD
If you want to buy one, try your dealer parts department
Old 03-24-2010, 06:09 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2007 550i Titanium Grey Metallic - 6 Speed Manual, Sport Suspension, Premium, Cold Weather, Navigation, Shades, L7 Sound

this appears to be the update

the dvd navigation update

i dont know what version...but the updates are there that i need so I assume this is the 2010.1
Old 03-24-2010, 06:49 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2013 535i xDrive AW/Black M-kit

Originally Posted by twobeemers
Check these guys out:

http://www.bmwnav.net/

I live in a newer subdivision and the NAV thought I was offroading every time I went home. So I updated my disc with one from these guys - works like a charm, no problems at all, and only $50. Cheap enough to upgrade every other year!

John Virnig
'07 550i SMG Sport
Richfield, WI USA

i just went on there and saw this listed next to my car... whats this mean? "Firmware update is NOT supported
by the iDrive system"
Old 03-26-2010, 05:46 AM
Members

Originally Posted by joebaggg
i just went on there and saw this listed next to my car... whats this mean? "Firmware update is NOT supported
by the iDrive system"
Good question. I am wondering the same thing. Anyone have any info?
Old 03-26-2010, 06:09 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Bob Slydel
Good question. I am wondering the same thing. Anyone have any info?

i contacted them, seems on non idrive cars you can change a few things like colors and fonts and the start up screen. on idrive cars you cannot. i dont really get that though, i thought no idrive=no nav
im confused.

when i contacted the them i also asked if there were more POIs on his updated version then on the BMW version i have and he said he didnt know how many POIs were on the BMW version.
so im thinking.... how can u make an update if you dont know whats on the original version??? im gonna hold off on ordering this one because this guy didnt sell me. ill just wait for some more feedback before i pull the trigger on this one.
Old 03-26-2010, 06:14 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by billd104
The new DVD is now made by Blaupunkt / TeleAtlas instead of Navteq. The new BMW part number for BMW 5 Series 2004 - 2009
BMW - North American Map DVD - Professional Version is 65902158158

is this 2010?
Old 03-26-2010, 07:01 AM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: 2008 550I LOADED, all options except HUD and NV

Originally Posted by joebaggg
i contacted them, seems on non idrive cars you can change a few things like colors and fonts and the start up screen. on idrive cars you cannot. i dont really get that though, i thought no idrive=no nav
im confused.

when i contacted the them i also asked if there were more POIs on his updated version then on the BMW version i have and he said he didnt know how many POIs were on the BMW version.
so im thinking.... how can u make an update if you dont know whats on the original version??? im gonna hold off on ordering this one because this guy didnt sell me. ill just wait for some more feedback before i pull the trigger on this one.

I fully agree with you, it SEEMS like a much cheaper way to upgrade, but that FIRMWARE NOT SUPPORTED thing worries me. I also didn't feel "warm and fuzzy" with the responses you got either. I'll hold off until we know more. Thanks for checking.
Old 03-26-2010, 08:18 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by e60oholic
This one works nicely,

http://thepiratebay.org/torrent/4526...rica_with_cams

let me know if you need help making the disc.
omg you are a genius lol I have been looking for that for the past 2 weeks.
Old 03-26-2010, 08:35 AM
New Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: '04 E61 525d TITANGRAU II METALLIC (A36) LEDER DAKOTA/BEIGE 3 (LCBA) SIDE AIRBAG FOR REAR PASSENGERS ALARM SYSTEM ROOF RAIL SUNBLINDS FOR REAR SIDE WINDOWS, MECH FLOOR MATS, VELOUR INT/EXT RR VW MIRROR W AUT ANTI-DAZZLE INTERIOR RR VW MIRROR W AUT ANTI-DAZZLE WOOD TRIM CUPHOLDER SEAT HEATING F DRIVER/FRONT PASSENGER HEADLIGHT WASHER SYSTEM PARK DISTANCE CONTROL (PDC) XENON LIGHT ADAPTIVE HEADLIGHTS AUTOMATIC AIR CONDITIONING CRUISE CONTROL NAVIGATION SYSTEM PROFESSIONAL CAR TELEPHONE PROFESSIONAL CD CHANGER BMW FOR 6 CDS

On the older MK4 models (E39, E46,...), the firmware could be updated by inserting a DVD with new firmware on it. On newer iDrive models this doesn't work anymore. For upgrading the firmware on these you will have to go to a BMW dealer to have the car connected to their computer. That's what they mean with: "Firmware update is NOT supported by the iDrive system"

Also on the older MK4 models things as the colour of the maps, voice output,... could be tweaked and changed. On the iDrive this is not (yet) possible.
Old 03-26-2010, 10:15 AM
Members

Thanks for the info guys. I emailed the people at bmwnav.net. I'll let you know what response I receive.

I don't really care about the start-up screen or voice commands. I just want the birds eye view, night mode and red light camera locations and I don't understand if that requires a firmware update or what. (I got 2 red light tickets in the last month and according to Mythbusters there is no way to defeat the cameras). I can only take so much more from the wife.

Quick Reply: Navigation DVD- latest