E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Navigation DVD- latest

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2010, 07:21 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 535
Model Year: 2008

How can I find out what the latest version of the navigation DVD is for my 2008 535XIT? Prev. owner decided to keep the disc and I am confused if the 2008.1 dvd-ccc is the correct one to get. Will new version be out shortly?

Thanks.
Old 03-17-2010, 12:39 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2006 530 d M-sport e60

2010.1 is the latest
Old 03-17-2010, 07:07 AM
Members

Originally Posted by BLooD
2010.1 is the latest

I believe the 2010.1 is for European maps. I am located in the US.

See the reason I am confused on which is latest version. BMW should have placed a code in front of the version # to differentiate the various parts of the world's maps.
Old 03-17-2010, 10:01 AM
Members

I was checking for the latest from the Manufacturer, NAVTEQ, and found this posted on their site:

BMW Navigation Map Updates

Thank you for your interest in purchasing a BMW Navigation Map Update. At this time, NAVTEQ® no longer produces or distributes map update DVDs and CDs for your vehicle. For more information on how to purchase as well as general questions regarding your BMW Navigation System, please contact your local authorized BMW Dealer.

I called the dealership today and was told they had to return all discs they had in stock and no longer have discs available. They have yet to receive a bulletin from BMW that addresses future support or uppdates to our disc driven systems.

Please post anything else you have heard.
Old 03-17-2010, 11:46 AM
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2008 535i: (8/07 Build) Metallic Bronze, Beige NASCA Leather, Ventilated Seats, Sport Pkg, Cold Wxr Pkg, Logic-7 Sound, HUD, Night Vision, PDC, Split Rear Seats, NAV, Premium Pkg, Comfort Access, HD Radio, Sport Auto Trans Current mods: M-Aero Kit, JB4, Motorcepts 6000k HID Foglamps Umnitza ICE-Lite 10w LED 6000k AE's 1992 Camaro RS: Fully Restored w/Custom Interior, 5.0L V8, T-tops, OEM Z28 Foglamps, Inst Cluster, & Spoiler, Custom Sound, Too many engine mods to list

Originally Posted by nell
I believe the 2010.1 is for European maps. I am located in the US.

See the reason I am confused on which is latest version. BMW should have placed a code in front of the version # to differentiate the various parts of the world's maps.
2010.1 is or at least should be the latest version. You have to specify whether you want the U.S. or European maps. The cost is $200 brand new, so you should be able to save some money by getting an used, older ccc version for less.

Originally Posted by BigJim
I was checking for the latest from the Manufacturer, NAVTEQ, and found this posted on their site:

BMW Navigation Map Updates

Thank you for your interest in purchasing a BMW Navigation Map Update. At this time, NAVTEQ® no longer produces or distributes map update DVDs and CDs for your vehicle. For more information on how to purchase as well as general questions regarding your BMW Navigation System, please contact your local authorized BMW Dealer.

I called the dealership today and was told they had to return all discs they had in stock and no longer have discs available. They have yet to receive a bulletin from BMW that addresses future support or uppdates to our disc driven systems.

Please post anything else you have heard.
I suspect that since BMW is using HDD based navigation units the DVD-Rom's are no longer in production.
Old 03-17-2010, 12:10 PM
Members

Originally Posted by pukka
2010.1 is or at least should be the latest version. You have to specify whether you want the U.S. or European maps. The cost is $200 brand new, so you should be able to save some money by getting an used, older ccc version for less.

I suspect that since BMW is using HDD based navigation units the DVD-Rom's are no longer in production.

OK... I will look for the 2010.1 US maps then... Thanks for the clarification. It's just that the 2010 disc I've seen all mentioned Europe.

You would think that BMWNA would continue to support their older systems for a few more years. Maybe not!
Old 03-18-2010, 06:56 AM
Members

Originally Posted by nell
OK... I will look for the 2010.1 US maps then... Thanks for the clarification. It's just that the 2010 disc I've seen all mentioned Europe.

You would think that BMWNA would continue to support their older systems for a few more years. Maybe not!
I contacted BMWNA and passed on what the dealership said. This is accurate as they just changed their support within the last month and notice has not been sent out. The company now supporting navigation updates is Teleatlas.com
New problem: I went to Teleatlas.com per BMWNA's direction and they only list map discs for 5 series built from 1995 - 2003. I have an email request pending with them for an update and will post it.
Cheers.
Old 03-20-2010, 11:32 AM
Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2005 545/SMG Sport Package HUD Logic 7 Bluetooth NAV Cold Weather Package

I downloaded a 2009 version last week from bit torrent. It supposedly has 'speed' camera locations as well.
Old 03-21-2010, 06:29 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by kxmills
I downloaded a 2009 version last week from bit torrent. It supposedly has 'speed' camera locations as well.
Have you tried it out yet? If so did everything work properly?
Old 03-21-2010, 07:05 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2007 550i Titanium Grey Metallic - 6 Speed Manual, Sport Suspension, Premium, Cold Weather, Navigation, Shades, L7 Sound

So can anyone simply tell me how to get an updated dvd for my 2007 5 series? I understand the torrent info... but it seems kind of rediculous that i cant simply buy the latest dvd version for an E60 07...

Quick Reply: Navigation DVD- latest