E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

navigation broken any ideas?

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2017, 07:51 PM
New Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: E60 2006 sedan auto

Originally Posted by Gee_115
I really hope this was not your issue. I think everyone assumed you know what disc was in the unit. That definitely makes a difference.

Anyway, if perhaps the disc is not your issue and you want to reprogram. You would either need to take it to the dealer or use BMW tools(NCS, Winkfp) to either get the unit back to factory or update. You can download BMW tools from the internet. Check on BMWcoding.com, someone there might have a good link. You will need the cables. Be warned though that the CCC has 5 modules that would have to be updated and it will take hours if you don't have an optical connection. If you have never done this before then go to bmwcoding and do some reading before you start messing around with coding.

Thanks for your help and advice
I know that a disc is in there as it was the first thing I checked but not sure exactly what the disc is so I will find it out tonight when i get home.

I have never done coding but I know I should start
Im a panel beater and mechanic by trade but have never been good at electronics but normal electricals of a car I am fine with

I will try and sit down and start reading all about it as you suggested

I have thought about getting a chinese replacement for the monitor which has its own navigation system blue tooth etc in it but still connects to the CD player etc

but I like original things on a car and really hope I can find out what is wrong

sadly Japan is not the place to live when something goes wrong with a car and esspecially a BMW
they dont repair anything here
they simply pull it out throw it away
replace it with new and charge a fortune

I try and help guys here to fix their BMWs but noone has any idea when it comes to the electronics like my navigation system

I went to the BMW dealership and they threw their hands in the air and just said buy a new car
That is Japan!
Its very frustrating
Old 03-09-2017, 02:11 PM
New Members

I had a quick look at the CD as I was running out the door this morning[Its a BMW navigation cd for Japan so everything seems fine there.

I started reading about coding last night and will again today to try and learn.
Old 03-14-2017, 03:26 PM
New Members

still no luck getting my navigation to work

My friend has a 2007 E60 so in the next few weeks I will take it out of his can and see if it works plugged in to mine

If it does I will buy a new one
Ill keep everyone updated
Old 03-14-2017, 05:39 PM
Members
Senior Members

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
My Ride: e60 530i e21 320i
Model Year: 2005 1981
Engine: M54 M10

Before you pull his CCC, try your navigation DVD disc in his car. Just a thought.
Old 03-17-2017, 05:20 AM
Senior Members

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2007 530xi: Sport, NAV, PDC, HUD, Cold Wthr, CA, Logic 7, HD Radio, SAT, Custom NCS coded options 2008 535xi: Sport, Night Vision, NAV, PDC, HUD, Cold Wthr, CA, Logic 7, SAT, Custom NCS coded options, Rear Seat Heat Retrofit, Passport 9500ci
Model Year: 2008
Engine: N54

Perhaps it is a GPS antenna problem?