E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Navigation

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2004, 12:44 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Actually I often find there are very few POI's for a partcular place (maybe I just go to boring places ), so I would like to browse all POI's (alphabetically) for a given destination. I find the sub-categories overlap/confusing and end up looking at them all (usually to find that the POI I'm after is not in there)
Old 07-13-2004, 12:48 PM
Super Moderator

My Ride: F02 LCI Individual
Model Year: 2013

The POI is on the DVD what comes from Navteq.
You can send them infos you want them to add on the nav DVD's and you can report wrong info's. They can't be everywhere to see all the changes and all the POI's, so send them an email with info's you are missing...
Old 07-14-2004, 06:51 AM
Super Moderator

Rudy, jckrauskopf,
I've sent an email with those functions we miss and requested it as a software update to someone at BMW Munich who WILL take care on it, if it's possible.
Now let's wait for his response or if those functions show up with one of the next software updates...
Old 07-14-2004, 06:57 AM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: G30 M550i
Model Year: 2018

It's always nice to have friends in high places! Thanks Iceman!!
Old 07-15-2004, 05:20 AM
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Rudy' date='Jul 13 2004, 01:44 PM
Iceman, since you're going to the trouble of forwarding an enhancement request to BMW with regard to the nav interface, you might as well ask them to allow the display of additional information on destinations chosen from the database.

For example, I should be able to pick a restaurant from the list and see the phone number, address, etc. (I can select "Call" if I want to call them but I can't actually see the phone number.) Also, they need to add the ability to scroll long names instead of simply truncating them on the display.

I suppose I could go on but for now, that's it.

Thanks!
once you have selected a destination, there's a selection something like 'Information on destination'. when i press this, it pauses and then goes to the information screen to select categories. this is probably a bug and once pressed, it should give you the address and phone number for the destination.
Old 07-15-2004, 08:46 AM
PAASAN_from _hotel_TV

Today we wer headed for Copenhagen#s Kastrup airpot in Denmark.. and we were using the nav system. However it was acting somewhat strange, and one occation the nav. lady asked met "Take the next exit, onto the rest area" - for no apparant reason. Anyone got a clue as to why this happened? We had not specified the route as "Via rest areas that may be suitable for a quick snack" After exiting the rest area, th nav. was able to guide us correctly to our target.

-paasan
Old 07-15-2004, 08:53 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by PAASAN_from _hotel_TV' date='Jul 15 2004, 06:46 PM
Today we wer headed for Copenhagen#s Kastrup airpot in Denmark.. and we were using the nav system. However it was acting somewhat strange, and one occation the nav. lady asked met "Take the next exit, onto the rest area" - for no apparant reason. Anyone got a clue as to why this happened? We had not specified the route as "Via rest areas that may be suitable for a quick snack" After exiting the rest area, th nav. was able to guide us correctly to our target.
Maybe your nav lady was hungry...

Well, that is some weird error. I have never heard anything like that before. Strange...
Old 07-15-2004, 10:08 AM
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i have had on 2 occasions it instructing me in the wrong direction. i realized on the second time that the position the gps software was reporting was around 500 feet off .

i have used it several times after this and now it's right on target.
Old 07-15-2004, 05:37 PM
Contributors

In the city, my experience is the advice to turn left is not made with sufficient warning. I read the Lexus navigation was good to 30 feet, but my nav seems off by at least 100 feet and more likely 200-300 feet. Is there a specification ?
Also, why might the sat. signal lock go away for a few minutes even when the road is in the open and the sky clear? It happens often around where I work. But it is not consistent or reproducible. I have used the system a lot and not lost the signal anywhere else except thick, overhead trees.
Old 07-15-2004, 06:03 PM
Senior Members

sg530; interference possibly in that band... Is there a military facility or a facility that does RF testing? Other causes can be just pure line of sight issues to ajacent sats... Normally though if this was the case you would have a precision issue not a full signal loss.

Quick Reply: Navigation