E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Navigation

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2005, 03:58 AM
SDS
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2006 530 xi, Black Sapphire Metallic, Auburn Leather,poplar grain wood trimi, prem. pkg., prem. sound pkg., cold weather pkg., steptronic auto. trans., front comfort seats, split folding rear seats w/ski bag,rear heated seating, power rear sunshade and manual rear side window shades, park distance control, BMW on-board navigation system and satellite radio.

It might have something to do with the way it was set up at time of delivery, so much ground was covered at that time, but 1/3 of my screen to the right displays my location on a map in the format that I choose. If I am in a guidance mode the left 2/3 of the screen displays the exact same thing to the right. Is there a way to have the larger screen for navigation and use the right , smaller screen for something like satelite radio.
Separately, there was a previous discussion regarding turn signals and someone said that if you want to cancel a signal you should flick it in the same direction the signal is activated and it will cancel, this does not work for me, I have to flick it in the opposite direction.
Old 09-19-2005, 04:32 AM
jcp
Members

My Ride: 530i M Sport Touring LCI. Platinum Gray. Beige Dakota leather. Brushed Aluminium trim. Media package. Side blinds. Auto dim mirrors. Comfort seats. Storage compartment pack. Extended interior light package. HUD. DVD prep in rear. IPOD interface.

Push controller to the right and the right screen will be highlighted. Then push controller in and you will get a menu of other things (including to get rid of the smallr screen if youwant. At least that's how it works on mine.
Old 09-19-2005, 04:42 AM
Members

My Ride: '04 530i Mystic Blue, European Delivery, Steptronic, Prem Pkg, Cold Weather Pkg, Nav, Heads Up, Active Cruise, Rear Sunshade, Rear Side Airbags, Rear Seat Heating, Park Distance Control, Xenon, CPT9000 GSM phone, red rear reflectors, Sirius!!!!

The smaller screen can display numerous nav pages (direction, map north up, location, ...), however, if you choose to display a map view in both large and small windows, they will be identical. For example, if you have "Direction of Travel" in the small window and choose "Perspective" in the large window, they both will revert to perspective.

There is no way to view anything but nav data in the smaller screen.

I understand what you would like - I also agree that it would make more sense to use the larger screen for nav map display and the smaller for entertainment settings like satellite radio.
Old 09-19-2005, 05:10 AM
Members

My Ride: '04 530i Mystic Blue, European Delivery, Steptronic, Prem Pkg, Cold Weather Pkg, Nav, Heads Up, Active Cruise, Rear Sunshade, Rear Side Airbags, Rear Seat Heating, Park Distance Control, Xenon, CPT9000 GSM phone, red rear reflectors, Sirius!!!!

Normally, I set the large window to Sat Radio and the smaller one to Perspective view of NAV, unless I am actively using the NAV setting in which case I put the large window on NAV Map view and the smaller window on the Direction view. It's all individual preference.
Old 09-19-2005, 06:11 AM
Contributors

It would be great if you could have the big screen on perspective view and the small screen on an overhead view at smaller scale but unfortunately no chance!

One nice thing is that when in guidance mode, whatever you have on the small screen, it changes to arrow view for a short time at junctions etc the reverts back to original view, I think it was cip 15 that enabled the auto-arrow view.

DD