E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

My wife dislikes the E60 ride!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2006, 06:46 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2005 BMW 545i, Silver Grey, Sport Package, R. Shades, Cold Pkg, Sat. Rad., Prem. Sound.

Originally Posted by ericdbs' post='228565
My wife and I sat down yesterday talking about the new Lexus LS460, and she mentioned that she "dislike" the E60 ride because it is too firm. I mentioned to her that she must like the "sofa on wheels" of the MB or Lexus (quoting from someone on this forum). Here's a short dialogue:

Bimmer32: Well, it's a great driving car. It's really fun to drive.
Wife: Yeah, but the passenger and back seat are so rough and crampy with the baby.
Bimmer32: Well, you can't compare a Sequoia with a sedan. And how come you didn't tell me before we bought the car?
Wife: Well, it's you're car. I like the way it looks, but the ride is not as comfortable as the CAMRY.

I fell out by chair. After a while, I was thinking, I guess as a passenger, one doesn't anticipate every turn and road condition, then the ride is not as enjoyable as the driving.

What does your passenger say about the ride comfort on your E60?
funny conversation... but i have to say... my wife and i had the same conversation.... she would rather be in her 97 camry... and want to buy a newer one.......
to change the subject , i test drove he 07 s550 mercedes... very nice ride and interior.. the screen has the option to pan left or right... lots of bells and whistles o that.. i wouldnt mind having one..eric d
[/quote]

And I that most women like it "rough?" Looks like an anniversary is coming up, so maybe I'll buy some new tires for her anniversary. Than again, that might not be such a good gift.
Old 01-24-2006, 08:16 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: '06 550i 6 Speed MT, Navigation, PDC, Cold Weather Pkg, Logic7, Prem Pkg, Sport Pkg, Active Steering, Comfort Seats, Comfort Access, HUD, Alpine White on Black Dakota & a Big Grin ;-) <---- On the vessel from Germany... ******** '05 545i 6 Speed MT, Navigation, PDC, Cold Weather Pkg, Logic7, Prem Pkg, Sport Pkg, UUC EVOIII SSK, Silver Gray on Black Dakota..... (Buy back by BMW NA)

My wife often tells me how she liked the audi A6 I had before much better...
Old 01-24-2006, 08:40 PM
Members

My Ride: Black on Black 545i Auto, Sport, NAV, Sirius, Cold Weather Wifey drives an X5 4.4 with Sport

Ugh! Of all cars..a Camry, blasphemy!

I have never gotten anything but compliments on the ride in my car. I do have nice roads in general.

My wife used to fight me drive my car, so I got her an X5. We drove the non sport package version, which I quite liked, but my wife didn't. As soon as we pulled off the lot with the sports package equipped X, she was sold. And get this: she had to have the 4.4! I was so proud! I am a very lucky man.

So lucky in fact, she wants to get the M5 after this lease is up! I'll just tell my kids community college is perfectly acceptable...
Old 01-24-2006, 09:52 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: '05 545i - scheduled for ED pickup in Munich on 7/22!

Originally Posted by rodneyremington' post='228657' date='Jan 24 2006, 12:06 AM
IMO, women like a good ride. Men like good handling.
Werd.

Sometimes I even get car sick riding in those car-service type Lincoln Town Cars and Cadillac Devilles.

I don't like the bouncy feeling. I almost threw up once.

I never get car sick riding in a Bimmer or Porsche.
Old 01-25-2006, 06:04 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Captain Tenneal' post='229228' date='Jan 25 2006, 12:40 AM
Ugh! Of all cars..a Camry, blasphemy!

I have never gotten anything but compliments on the ride in my car. I do have nice roads in general.

My wife used to fight me drive my car, so I got her an X5. We drove the non sport package version, which I quite liked, but my wife didn't. As soon as we pulled off the lot with the sports package equipped X, she was sold. And get this: she had to have the 4.4! I was so proud! I am a very lucky man.

So lucky in fact, she wants to get the M5 after this lease is up! I'll just tell my kids community college is perfectly acceptable...
Old 01-25-2006, 03:07 PM
Members

My Ride: F11 520d white, auto, professional sat-nav with internet, variable damper control, sports steering wheel, extended lighting, retractable tow bar, wing mirrors with dimming & folding, full electric seats with memory & lumber adjustment, etc.

Shock / Horror. The Merc E-Class DOES have a better ride than the E60 when the E60 is wearing RF tyres. Their is a stretch of road near Pinewood Film Studios that various car manufacturers use (including the Germans) (last one spotted was Audi Q7) when setting up cars for the UK. This stretch of road is fairly fast but has a series of four bends over 3 miles where the chamber changes as you take the bends. It also has dips and uneven surfaces in places and really shows up imperfections in the chassis set up.
I went down this today for the first time in the five and it was not as composed as the E-Class due Im sure entirely to the tyres. Sure allowed the 3.0d to shows its mettle though.
Old 01-25-2006, 03:31 PM
Senior Members

My wife begs to differ.

She found my previous E65 a little too large although it was much more comfy.

She doesn't have a problem with the E60. I've got sports suspension and 19 inch wheels on. Maybe the PS2 tyres that I have may have made a little difference.

On the other hand, she simply hates the M6. She can't get used to the low seating position and the fact that she's gotta leave her seat everytime a third person gets into the car.
Old 01-25-2006, 04:59 PM
Members

Maybe not the coolest looking thing, but try sitting on a throw pillow. Works great as a shock absorber and really softens the ride and makes the bumps bearable with the runflats(Also like riding a bit higher in seat if your under 6 ft). I will keep using it till my runflats wear-out when I put them back on after the snows come off. Then I buy NON-RUNFLATS for sure.
Try it, You'll like it, and who sees it if your sitting on it anyway. It may not be cool, but it sure as hell is more comfortable.
Old 01-25-2006, 06:09 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2006 550i, Alpine White, Beige Ltr, Sport Pkg, Cold Weather Pkg, Premium Sound, Active Steering, Comfort Access, Steptronic, Nav, Satellite Radio, Split Fold Rear Seats, V1

I suggest trading in your wife instead of the E60. With that much complaining, I'm sure she is low milage.
Old 01-26-2006, 07:33 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 05 530 Titanium Silver/Sexy black

Originally Posted by Bimmer32' post='228346' date='Jan 23 2006, 02:41 PM
My wife and I sat down yesterday talking about the new Lexus LS460, and she mentioned that she "dislike" the E60 ride because it is too firm. I mentioned to her that she must like the "sofa on wheels" of the MB or Lexus (quoting from someone on this forum). Here's a short dialogue:

Bimmer32: Well, it's a great driving car. It's really fun to drive.
Wife: Yeah, but the passenger and back seat are so rough and crampy with the baby.
Bimmer32: Well, you can't compare a Sequoia with a sedan. And how come you didn't tell me before we bought the car?
Wife: Well, it's you're car. I like the way it looks, but the ride is not as comfortable as the CAMRY.

I fell out by chair. After a while, I was thinking, I guess as a passenger, one doesn't anticipate every turn and road condition, then the ride is not as enjoyable as the driving.

What does your passenger say about the ride comfort on your E60?
Go to E-harmony.com and find a soulmate who will enjoy your E60 as much as you do. I saw the commercial, its supposed to work!

Quick Reply: My wife dislikes the E60 ride!!!