E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

My wife dislikes the E60 ride!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2006, 10:41 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2005 BMW 545i, Silver Grey, Sport Package, R. Shades, Cold Pkg, Sat. Rad., Prem. Sound.

My wife and I sat down yesterday talking about the new Lexus LS460, and she mentioned that she "dislike" the E60 ride because it is too firm. I mentioned to her that she must like the "sofa on wheels" of the MB or Lexus (quoting from someone on this forum). Here's a short dialogue:

Bimmer32: Well, it's a great driving car. It's really fun to drive.
Wife: Yeah, but the passenger and back seat are so rough and crampy with the baby.
Bimmer32: Well, you can't compare a Sequoia with a sedan. And how come you didn't tell me before we bought the car?
Wife: Well, it's you're car. I like the way it looks, but the ride is not as comfortable as the CAMRY.

I fell out by chair. After a while, I was thinking, I guess as a passenger, one doesn't anticipate every turn and road condition, then the ride is not as enjoyable as the driving.

What does your passenger say about the ride comfort on your E60?
Old 01-23-2006, 10:44 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 BMW 530I steptronic, Orient Blue, Dakota Black Leather, Finishers Aluminium with Wave Cutting interior, NAVIgation, Radio PROFESSIONAL, CD in-dash, Hi-Fi extended sound system, PDC system, Bi-Xenons lights with washers, cruise-control, heated seats, Extended AC, auto"shade" mirrors, auto lights sensors, rain/wiper sensor, M-tech leather multifunction steering wheel, side airbags rearseats, sliding armrest, smoker's package (I don't smoke!), velour floor mats, spare wheel and jack, 122 style rims winter setup, M135 style rims summer setup [color=red]Mods:[/color] [color=blue]M tech sport steering wheel with M5 SMG paddles working retrofit done ! Trunk lid opening button retrofit done.[/color] [color=blue]3M window 35% tint done Chrome grilles E60.net Clings [/color]

instead of deciding on Lexus or Mb you should consider your wife just kidding

you better get her some good price 730i and she will be comfortable with BMW right away .

oh and it was me about MB being a sofa on wheels
Old 01-23-2006, 10:49 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2006 530xi. Deep green with beige interior. 6 speed manual. Premium package.

My wife does not complain about the ride, just the way I drive. She always wants to know if it is necessary to accelerate so fast.
Old 01-23-2006, 10:49 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Bimmer32' post='228346' date='Jan 23 2006, 07:41 PM
My wife and I sat down yesterday talking about the new Lexus LS460, and she mentioned that she "dislike" the E60 ride because it is too firm. I mentioned to her that she must like the "sofa on wheels" of the MB or Lexus (quoting from someone on this forum). Here's a short dialogue:

Wife: Yeah, but the passenger and back seat are so rough and crampy with the baby.
Bimmer32: Well, you can't compare a Sequoia with a sedan. And how come you didn't tell me before we bought the car?
Wife: Well, it's you're car. I like the way it looks, but the ride is not as comfortable as the CAMRY.

I fell out by chair. After a while, I was thinking, I guess as a passenger, one doesn't anticipate every turn and road condition, then the ride is not as enjoyable as the driving.

One word - RUNFLATS!

Ditch them then the quality returns...
Old 01-23-2006, 10:51 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 BMW 530I steptronic, Orient Blue, Dakota Black Leather, Finishers Aluminium with Wave Cutting interior, NAVIgation, Radio PROFESSIONAL, CD in-dash, Hi-Fi extended sound system, PDC system, Bi-Xenons lights with washers, cruise-control, heated seats, Extended AC, auto"shade" mirrors, auto lights sensors, rain/wiper sensor, M-tech leather multifunction steering wheel, side airbags rearseats, sliding armrest, smoker's package (I don't smoke!), velour floor mats, spare wheel and jack, 122 style rims winter setup, M135 style rims summer setup [color=red]Mods:[/color] [color=blue]M tech sport steering wheel with M5 SMG paddles working retrofit done ! Trunk lid opening button retrofit done.[/color] [color=blue]3M window 35% tint done Chrome grilles E60.net Clings [/color]

Originally Posted by dgjk' post='228352' date='Jan 23 2006, 02:49 PM
My wife does not complain about the ride, just the way I drive. She always wants to know if it is necessary to accelerate so fast.
good one
Old 01-23-2006, 01:51 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 BMW 545i, Silver Grey, Sport Package, R. Shades, Cold Pkg, Sat. Rad., Prem. Sound.

Originally Posted by colejl' post='228354

One word - RUNFLATS!

[/quote]

You mean I have to buy new tires already? Well, I guess whatever makes the wife happy. Who has replaced their runflats and how much different (more comfortable are the none runflats) on a scale of 1 to 10 with 10 being extremely more comfortable?
Old 01-23-2006, 01:57 PM
Members

Originally Posted by Bimmer32' post='228495
Originally Posted by Bimmer32' post='228346' date='Jan 23 2006, 07:41 PM

One word - RUNFLATS!

You mean I have to buy new tires already? Well, I guess whatever makes the wife happy. Who has replaced their runflats and how much different (more comfortable are the none runflats) on a scale of 1 to 10 with 10 being extremely more comfortable?
[/quote]

I am thinking about buying regular tires too. I think the runflats are causing the car to ride rough. The suspension seems to be tuned perfectly but the tires feel like they are giving way on th bumps.
Old 01-23-2006, 02:07 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: '05 545i - scheduled for ED pickup in Munich on 7/22!

I can have my older sister straighten out your wife. My sister thinks the 545 Sport is too SOFT and not sporty enough!
Old 01-23-2006, 02:28 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: Nothing to boast about!

Originally Posted by Bimmer32' post='228346' date='Jan 23 2006, 02:41 PM

It must be you the driver's fault. Try driving a Camry the way you do see if she still thinks Camry is more comfy. Then you will know if it is your fault. Just kidding.

No, my family doesn't complain. In fact I am the one who thinks the back seat ride is a bit jittery (and I am **not** on run flat). Incidently, I test drove a E90 with run flat and it was surprisingly comfortable (to me at least). I guess the difference is BM designed the run flat into the E90 equation.
Old 01-23-2006, 02:48 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 530iA Silver Grey , black interior. Premium Package, Navigation System, Head-up Display, Radio Satellite, Adaptive Xenon Headlights. AC Schnitzer Front Lip, H&R springs, Rear red reflector, All season Floor mat,

I don't know if it's really true but many people who sat in my car before claimed that the seats are more comfy than Merc E-class.. The ride is more harsh though, probably due to my 20" rims..

Quick Reply: My wife dislikes the E60 ride!!!