E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My new baby finally has arrived (after over 4 months of waiting...)

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2006, 05:11 AM
Senior Members

Location: Luxembourg (work) / Germany (home) / Poland (heart ;)
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: MY RIDES: Previous: 1997 BMW 528i E39 | graphit mettalic | black leather | electric heated and pumped comfort seats + memory (seats, wheel, mirrors) | factory xenon | LPG gas installation (Dutch / Prinz) w/direct sequential injection (same pwr and same cons.)+80L tank in the spare wheel place | cruise ctrl, electric sunshade | ABS | ESP | 4 airbags (never used :) | electronic AC (2 side) | Board computer | Leather heated multifunction wheel | Radio Profess.+tape+6 CD changer+subwoofer+10 spkrs+DSP | alu 17" AEZ + Turanza 235/45/ZR17 | rain sensor | factory GSM built-in | Asus A636 GPS navigation TomTom | HISTORY: 1999 BMW 735 | 1994 VW Golf GT | 1994 Citroen Xantia | 1997 Renault Megane Coupe | 2000 Alfa Romeo 146 | 1994 Renault 19 | 1995 Toyota Camry | 1994 Audi 100 | 1978 VW Golf (the only diesel so far...) FUTURE: (2011-2012) F11 530xd Msport ultimate DREAM: M5 diesel :)

GUYS!!!
I need to share with you this great news: probably the longest awaited E60 on this forum finally arrived!
I took my delivery on Monday, 3rd of July, at 4 PM and now I can officially call myself a legitimate member of this forum
My "new baby" (as I call her) is beautiful, shining, factory smelling and had only 21km once I put my hands on her yesterday...

WOW - it's all I can say....

It's my first brand new BMW ever - and I am still overwhelemed.. Especially if you take under consideration the waiting period I had to go through to have her: over 129 days of waiting... (by the way, isn't it perhaps a forum's some kind of a record-high delivery waiting period?
But, anyway - My new baby is FINALLY here, and here are her few first pictures:

My baby still in the dealer's showroom - few minutes to start her engine...

21km so far...

Already at home...

MY FIRST (after-delivery) IMPRESSIONS
Few pros and cons:

+
1) Service intervals every 30.000km - WOW!
2) Free carpets (didn't order them, as they were 156EUR on the pricelist...)
3) Free bottle of a real French Champagne (I am still not sure whether it was to make it up for this looooong waiting, or is that a standard procedure for everybody?
4) AUX-in standard (MY2007)
and above all (it should be a first one here:
5) Driving pleasure of this car - which is beyond anything I would expect...

-
1) No mp3 for me :thumbsdown:
2) Sound system (standard EU audio) is really bad in this car... And as for me - it is way below acceptable, it will be a first thing on my future-upgrade list (Amp+Sub+ gooood speakers)
3) Car had only few litres in the tank once released from Dealer's - so the very first I had to do was to fill it up, (at Shell around the corner) is it normal that we receive a upper-mid size sedan for so much money with just about 5 litres inside?

Other than that - the CAR is SUBERB!
What do you all think??
Old 07-05-2006, 05:16 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: BMW ///M 525xi Carbon Black - Dakota Black Leather - Riegel Ahorn Anthrazit trim - Alloy wheels 135 8Jx18" - Sport Seats - Bi-Xenon Headlights - Nav. System Professional - Bluetooth phone prep. - Auto-Dim. Int + Folding exterior mirrors - Rear Blind (electric) and side blinds - PDC - Foldable rear seats - Trailer Clutch -- 1980 - E21 320 1984 - E21 323i - White 1988 - E34 520i - Light Blue 1995 - E39 528i - Dark Blue -- Momo 17" wheels 2001 - E39 530d - Stahblau -- ///M-kit 2002 - Mini Cooper S - Dark Silver -- wifes car 2006 - E60 525xi - Carbon black -- ///M-kit Mods: Anti carjacking system CJ-1

All i can say is: nice car

Glad you (finally) have it
Old 07-05-2006, 05:20 AM
Members

My Ride: 525i Touring 2005, Carbonblack, Nappa Naturbraun, M-pack, Comfortline, Navi Prof, Steptronic, Bi-Xenon, Eisenmann exhaust.

Nice car man!!
Be sure to put the handbrake on, otherwise your new car is gonna be inside your down neighbours bedroom

Strange about the fuel. Here in Holland u pay about 1000 euro delivery costs which include a full petrol tank and service and registration cost etc....
Old 07-05-2006, 05:22 AM
Members

Congrads on your new car. I am still enjoying the ride and I feel more and more compelled to drive it everyday.

Why was there no mp3 for you? Mine was produced in May and still has MP3. The only difference between mine and yours is I have Nav and Logic 7 upgrades and you havn't. Have you spoken to the dealer about that?

My dealer charged me $50 for a tank of gas. So I guess that's why you only have 5 litres.
Old 07-05-2006, 06:02 AM
Contributors

I ordered my 550 on 2/11/06 and took delivery on 6/24/06, so mine was a bit longer i think.

In the us the mats are standard and so is a full tank of gas. I wonder why you had 21 km on the odometer already. Mine came in with 4 miles.

Im curious do you have wrinkles in the leather in your seats? My drivers seat is wrinkled in one corner and the back seat is too.
Old 07-05-2006, 06:34 AM
Senior Members

Location: Luxembourg (work) / Germany (home) / Poland (heart ;)
My Ride: MY RIDES: Previous: 1997 BMW 528i E39 | graphit mettalic | black leather | electric heated and pumped comfort seats + memory (seats, wheel, mirrors) | factory xenon | LPG gas installation (Dutch / Prinz) w/direct sequential injection (same pwr and same cons.)+80L tank in the spare wheel place | cruise ctrl, electric sunshade | ABS | ESP | 4 airbags (never used :) | electronic AC (2 side) | Board computer | Leather heated multifunction wheel | Radio Profess.+tape+6 CD changer+subwoofer+10 spkrs+DSP | alu 17" AEZ + Turanza 235/45/ZR17 | rain sensor | factory GSM built-in | Asus A636 GPS navigation TomTom | HISTORY: 1999 BMW 735 | 1994 VW Golf GT | 1994 Citroen Xantia | 1997 Renault Megane Coupe | 2000 Alfa Romeo 146 | 1994 Renault 19 | 1995 Toyota Camry | 1994 Audi 100 | 1978 VW Golf (the only diesel so far...) FUTURE: (2011-2012) F11 530xd Msport ultimate DREAM: M5 diesel :)

Originally Posted by Veight' post='307082' date='Jul 5 2006, 04:02 PM
I ordered my 550 on 2/11/06 and took delivery on 6/24/06, so mine was a bit longer i think.

In the us the mats are standard and so is a full tank of gas. I wonder why you had 21 km on the odometer already. Mine came in with 4 miles.

Im curious do you have wrinkles in the leather in your seats? My drivers seat is wrinkled in one corner and the back seat is too.
21 km: - I saw my car for the first time when it arrived two weeks ago from the main importer headquaters (which is in Belgium - well, my car crossed Luxembourg on its way from Munich to go to Brussels, to wait there for the tax-free documentation and then - come back again to Luxembourg , but anyway - when I saw it for the first time it had only 1,5km on it, but dealer does all the registration as well as the technical check-up in the local (sort of) DMV - called "Controle Technique", but it is located outside the city itself - about 10km from the dealers, so to get there back and forth - they made exactly 20km and not a one more.. (well, this whole capital city is pretty much not wider than 10km max...

Empty tank was also a surprise for me, beause I also had to pay extra delivery costs (150 EUR), even though nobody had mentioned it before, it was only at the pay-time: "oh, by the way, aside from the bank check you brought, we have to charge 150 EUR extra from your credit card NOW..."
Well, they didn't have option not to have it delivered, then why not count it into the final price from the beginning..?

mp3 playback - I was promissed like 10 times, that my car WILL play mp3s, but it didn't become true yet.. Thanks to this forum, I found out a Service Procedure pdf file how to do it, so I gave it to the service manager at my dealers only to hear: "Wow, it's interesting, how did you get it? Can you get it for us either in French, German or Letzeburgish, so we could perform this mp3-update opertaion for you, right away...?"
So, for now - I just gave it a break and enjoy my ride

Wrinkles in the leather - didn't check that yet, I'll do it and let you know!
Old 07-05-2006, 06:46 AM
Contributors

My Ride: My ex-ride: EU '08 LCI 520dA. Space Grey, Sport Seats in Black Leather/Fabric Anthracite, Sport Steering Wheel, A/C with Extended Features, Hi-Fi Speakers, Cup Holders, Cruise with Braking function, Folding Rear Seats, Xenons, Park Distance Control.

arthurk , please take the quote off!
Nobody wants to scroll all these pics once again!!!

luxembourg, congrats, the long wait payed off

Really nice car you ordered Looks great

PS. Standing ovations for sending in pics fresh from the dealer's showroom

PPS. The dealers always deliver the cars practically without fuel.

PPPS. Why didn't you order the Hi-Fi Pro (Logic 7)???
Old 07-05-2006, 01:13 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2010 523i. Alpine white, dakota leather, 8 speed auto, VDC, bluetooth, HID lights, parking sensors, sport seats, black window trim, tinted rear windows 1988 Ferrari 328 GTS, nero on rosso corsa. 1992 Mazda MX-5 / Miata 2009 Ford S-Max 2.5T

Gratulacje, gratulacje.

Beautiful car and well done with the number plate - bet that needed some arm twisting ;-).

Did you check the date which the I-Drive screen shows?

I'll be looking out for your car in Warsaw this summer ;-).

--
Przemek (just back from Jurata)
Old 07-05-2006, 04:12 PM
Senior Members

Very nice!!! gotta love the M-Sport Pack !!!

Interesting exhaust..!

I thought all E60s have a dual exhaust pipes? Yours has a single wide pipe...is that something you did?
Old 07-05-2006, 04:36 PM
Contributors

i love the smell too

Quick Reply: My new baby finally has arrived (after over 4 months of waiting...)