E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

My new baby finally has arrived (after over 4 months of waiting...)

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2006, 04:55 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2007 550i. Sapphire Black Metallic/Auburn Leather/Anthracite trim. Sport/Comfort Access/Navigation/Satellite/HD Radio/HUD/Premium Sound/M Aero Kit/with 50% tint sides & rear. 19" Style 166s.

Man!!! Your car is a "beauty"!! Congratulations, you won't be sorry.
Old 07-05-2006, 06:57 PM
Senior Members

Great color! :-)
Congrats!
Old 07-06-2006, 03:18 AM
Members

My Ride: BMW E60 and F10

yes really nice car!!
Old 07-06-2006, 04:05 AM
Senior Members

Location: Luxembourg (work) / Germany (home) / Poland (heart ;)
My Ride: MY RIDES: Previous: 1997 BMW 528i E39 | graphit mettalic | black leather | electric heated and pumped comfort seats + memory (seats, wheel, mirrors) | factory xenon | LPG gas installation (Dutch / Prinz) w/direct sequential injection (same pwr and same cons.)+80L tank in the spare wheel place | cruise ctrl, electric sunshade | ABS | ESP | 4 airbags (never used :) | electronic AC (2 side) | Board computer | Leather heated multifunction wheel | Radio Profess.+tape+6 CD changer+subwoofer+10 spkrs+DSP | alu 17" AEZ + Turanza 235/45/ZR17 | rain sensor | factory GSM built-in | Asus A636 GPS navigation TomTom | HISTORY: 1999 BMW 735 | 1994 VW Golf GT | 1994 Citroen Xantia | 1997 Renault Megane Coupe | 2000 Alfa Romeo 146 | 1994 Renault 19 | 1995 Toyota Camry | 1994 Audi 100 | 1978 VW Golf (the only diesel so far...) FUTURE: (2011-2012) F11 530xd Msport ultimate DREAM: M5 diesel :)

Originally Posted by Ricracing' post='307097' date='Jul 5 2006, 04:46 PM
PS. Standing ovations for sending in pics fresh from the dealer's showroom

PPPS. Why didn't you order the Hi-Fi Pro (Logic 7)???
THANKS!!! I just couldn't resist to take few photos while waiting for all the documentation and papers

Hifi / L7:
There are two reasons why I didn't get better audio:
1) simple one: money issue - I just wanted to spend 30K EUR max on this car (to avoid getting any loan). So, when I had to choose between extra options, I went for leather, xenon and folding backseat (a really important thing for me), then I went just a little bit over the edge and got M-pack (mainly for 18" wheels, sport suspension and sport seats)... but, well - it was just to make this car just a bit more fun to drive, and with this I only went 2K more above my budget, which was still acceptable...

2) the more important one: my both test drives (520d and 530i) had L7, but at first I didn't even recognize it as a super-state-of-the-art audio upgrade... initially I just thought it was a standard audio - playing: well - nice, but nothing special (at least compared to my audio in E39). So, I thought why pay 1000 EUR extra for something that doesn't even sound (personally) good enough to me? I thought that standard audio cannot be any much worse than L7 (well, afterall I was wrong here: as the standard is below any in this class), but anyway, I had already planned future upgrade with a decent amp+sub+speakers within next few months.
Old 07-06-2006, 04:58 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2007 530i Silver Gray, Black Dakota Leather, Dark Poplar Trim, Premium Package, Sport Package (Bridgestone RFTs), Logic 7 Sound System, Nav System, Split Folding Rear Seats, Power Rear Sunshade, Park Distance Control.

Nice car!

I was under the impression that an after-factory audio upgrade was difficult due to iDrive integration. The Logic 7 should be standard sound (at best) and the premium option should be a real sound system rather than a fake surround processor "effect." It's absurd.

I'd be tweaked about the gas. They shouldn't charge for it at these prices and it should be delivered with a full tank. Mine was, with 3 miles on the odometer.

Don't forget, "free with purchase" is an oxymoron.

Great looking car, and the E60 is really fun to drive.
Old 07-06-2006, 05:55 AM
Senior Members

Location: Luxembourg (work) / Germany (home) / Poland (heart ;)
My Ride: MY RIDES: Previous: 1997 BMW 528i E39 | graphit mettalic | black leather | electric heated and pumped comfort seats + memory (seats, wheel, mirrors) | factory xenon | LPG gas installation (Dutch / Prinz) w/direct sequential injection (same pwr and same cons.)+80L tank in the spare wheel place | cruise ctrl, electric sunshade | ABS | ESP | 4 airbags (never used :) | electronic AC (2 side) | Board computer | Leather heated multifunction wheel | Radio Profess.+tape+6 CD changer+subwoofer+10 spkrs+DSP | alu 17" AEZ + Turanza 235/45/ZR17 | rain sensor | factory GSM built-in | Asus A636 GPS navigation TomTom | HISTORY: 1999 BMW 735 | 1994 VW Golf GT | 1994 Citroen Xantia | 1997 Renault Megane Coupe | 2000 Alfa Romeo 146 | 1994 Renault 19 | 1995 Toyota Camry | 1994 Audi 100 | 1978 VW Golf (the only diesel so far...) FUTURE: (2011-2012) F11 530xd Msport ultimate DREAM: M5 diesel :)

Originally Posted by nwilliams' post='307242' date='Jul 6 2006, 02:12 AM
Interesting exhaust..!
I thought all E60s have a dual exhaust pipes? Yours has a single wide pipe...is that something you did?
Single exhaust is standard in the European cheapest diesel (1995cm3 / 163 hp / 340Nm)
That's why there's only one, yet quite wide pipe for me
And, as for me, it didn't bother me at first, but after delivery I started to think that it looks a bit strange (ugly?), and the least I can do is to add there some nice, sporty, better looking ending - and maybe a better 2(or 4) pipes exhaust later along the way...
We'll see about it!
Old 07-06-2006, 08:39 AM
Contributors

My Ride: My ex-ride: EU '08 LCI 520dA. Space Grey, Sport Seats in Black Leather/Fabric Anthracite, Sport Steering Wheel, A/C with Extended Features, Hi-Fi Speakers, Cup Holders, Cruise with Braking function, Folding Rear Seats, Xenons, Park Distance Control.

Forget about the pipes! It's a great car!

Thanks arthurk
Old 07-06-2006, 10:56 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 535D

Originally Posted by luxembourg' post='307094' date='Jul 5 2006, 04:34 PM
21 km: - I saw my car for the first time when it arrived two weeks ago from the main importer headquaters (which is in Belgium - well, my car crossed Luxembourg on its way from Munich to go to Brussels, to wait there for the tax-free documentation and then - come back again to Luxembourg , but anyway - when I saw it for the first time it had only 1,5km on it, but dealer does all the registration as well as the technical check-up in the local (sort of) DMV - called "Controle Technique", but it is located outside the city itself - about 10km from the dealers, so to get there back and forth - they made exactly 20km and not a one more.. (well, this whole capital city is pretty much not wider than 10km max...

Empty tank was also a surprise for me, beause I also had to pay extra delivery costs (150 EUR), even though nobody had mentioned it before, it was only at the pay-time: "oh, by the way, aside from the bank check you brought, we have to charge 150 EUR extra from your credit card NOW..."
Well, they didn't have option not to have it delivered, then why not count it into the final price from the beginning..?
mp3 playback - I was promissed like 10 times, that my car WILL play mp3s, but it didn't become true yet.. Thanks to this forum, I found out a Service Procedure pdf file how to do it, so I gave it to the service manager at my dealers only to hear: "Wow, it's interesting, how did you get it? Can you get it for us either in French, German or Letzeburgish, so we could perform this mp3-update opertaion for you, right away...?"
So, for now - I just gave it a break and enjoy my ride

Wrinkles in the leather - didn't check that yet, I'll do it and let you know!
Congratulations with your car, my friend

Re MP3. It is very strange .
1.Looks like your received an old version car. The the cars since last October play MP3.
2. As my car is of last September I had no MP3. But I got it long ago without any problem with software update in the same Garage Kontz. They know how to do it and there was no need for any Service Procedures. Seems you are speaking to wrong people there.
Anyway enjoy it and good luck
Old 07-06-2006, 10:57 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 535D

21 km: - I saw my car for the first time when it arrived two weeks ago from the main importer headquaters (which is in Belgium - well, my car crossed Luxembourg on its way from Munich to go to Brussels, to wait there for the tax-free documentation and then - come back again to Luxembourg , but anyway - when I saw it for the first time it had only 1,5km on it, but dealer does all the registration as well as the technical check-up in the local (sort of) DMV - called "Controle Technique", but it is located outside the city itself - about 10km from the dealers, so to get there back and forth - they made exactly 20km and not a one more.. (well, this whole capital city is pretty much not wider than 10km max...

Empty tank was also a surprise for me, beause I also had to pay extra delivery costs (150 EUR), even though nobody had mentioned it before, it was only at the pay-time: "oh, by the way, aside from the bank check you brought, we have to charge 150 EUR extra from your credit card NOW..."
Well, they didn't have option not to have it delivered, then why not count it into the final price from the beginning..?
mp3 playback - I was promissed like 10 times, that my car WILL play mp3s, but it didn't become true yet.. Thanks to this forum, I found out a Service Procedure pdf file how to do it, so I gave it to the service manager at my dealers only to hear: "Wow, it's interesting, how did you get it? Can you get it for us either in French, German or Letzeburgish, so we could perform this mp3-update opertaion for you, right away...?"

Congratulations with your car, my friend

Re MP3. It is very strange .
1.Looks like your received an old version car. The cars since last October play MP3.
2. As my car is of last September I had no MP3. But I got it long ago without any problem with software update in the same Garage Kontz. They know how to do it and there was no need for any Service Procedures. Seems you are speaking to wrong people there.
Anyway enjoy it and good luck
Old 07-06-2006, 11:01 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: '04 BMW E60 530d High Executive

nice car

can somebody help me to get that service procedure.pdf to install mp3 function

Quick Reply: My new baby finally has arrived (after over 4 months of waiting...)