E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

My new 2010 E61 Finally was Delivered

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2009, 02:06 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hopco,

Could you tell me if the vanity mirror visors are vinyl or headliner fabric?
Thanks!
Old 05-16-2009, 03:20 PM
pan
Members

Thanks for the review for a great looking car. Great color choice. I'm in the final weeks of waiting for my 2010 650i to arrive (delivery end of May). Although the cars are different they are quite similar particularly in electronics. Thanks for the iDrive description. I had not realized you could now upload GPS routes. That's one of the things I had always wished for on my current 650i. It's a feature I'm sure you'll appreciate when you come out my way in Colorado.

As I write my car is off the coast of Mexico on its way to the VPC in Oxnard. I'm sure it will take another minimum of 10 days before I see it arrive in Boulder.

I wish you all the best driving.
Old 05-17-2009, 11:15 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 535ixT � On Order: 2010 E61, Ordered 1/05, Est. Birth 3/09, Est. Delivery 4/09, Carbon Black, Cream Beige Dakota Leather, Steptronic, M-Sport Pkg., Type 135 18
Model Year: 2010

Kranz

My visors are covered in the headliner fabric, the vanity mirror covers are black plastic. But recall that I have the M-Sport Pac which includes an anthracite headliner. As I recall my 2006 530xiT's visors were a gray plastic/vinyl visor covering - I had gray leather upholstery.
Old 05-17-2009, 11:25 AM
Senior Members

Thanks. Yeah my current car is black interior and I don't have the black headliner so I have the grey fabric headliner. But awkwardly, I have the vinyl visor.. I guess a way to cut costs from BMW.
I'm interested to see what my visor will be made out of this time.
Old 05-27-2009, 03:57 PM
Members

Does anyone know if the IDrive can be software updated to LCI cars, etc? Mine's a late MY07 car and looks pretty much identical to that inside and out, although I can't see your Engine stop / start button??
Old 05-27-2009, 07:21 PM
Senior Members

Congrats!
Old 05-28-2009, 12:45 AM
Members

My Ride: 2009 BMW 525xdat Exclusive Edition. Platinum Bronze, Tobacco Brown Nappa Leather, Anthracite Bamboo wood. Comfort Package, Advantage Package, Comfort Seats, Panoramic Sunroof, Sport Steering Wheel, Heated Steering wheel, Mirrors with Auto Dimming, Extended Interior Light Package, Extended Storage, Head up, Lane Departure Warning, USB, Bluetooth, Navigation Professional (with hard drive), Voice Control, BMW Individual Audio System ,Adaptive Headlights, High-Beam Assistant, Seat heating rear (and front),auxiliary heating, Airbags rear side, Electric Towbar. BMW Individual Tinted Rear Windows.

Originally Posted by Hopco' post='878771' date='May 15 2009, 03:18 AM
Kranz

In the interim, I have discovered a few things about the iDrive 4.0.
  1. To get into hill decent mode - press the right lower inner button on the steering wheel while pressing on the brake - at least that how I think it works. Not that you or I will often use it in NJ or CT.
  2. Play around with http://www.bmw-routes.com/de/en/index.jsp its a cool way to set up your navi. I think it is mostly for Europe, but you can transfer a US route to your desktop and use a jump drive to get it to the car. I think I will reconstruct all the routes that I had stored in my old car.
Perhaps we should start a thread of How-To's for the E60-2010s . . .

I would add to my wish list the following item:

How to set a default auto fan speed - I like a little more action than is available in my automatic setting. We could do same in the old iDrive/E60

Any more ideas?
Play around with http://www.bmw-routes.com/de/en/index.jsp its a cool way to set up your navi.

Yes this is useful for planning a trip. Just save the file on a USB memory stick to transfer the route to your car.

Even the settings you do in your car like climate, door locks, radio stations and so on can be transfered to/from your car. At least this what is mentioned here:
http://www.bmw.com/com/en/owners/navigation/pia.html

I have not found this in my iDrive menu:
From within your vehicle, the profile export function can be accessed in the Control Display by selecting "Settings > Profile > Profile export".

Have you?

How to set a default auto fan speed - I like a little more action than is available in my automatic setting. We could do same in the old iDrive/E60

Just push the "Auto" button in the climate control. Then by pushing it again you have 3 presets to choose from to set the fan speed.
Old 05-28-2009, 01:31 AM
Members

Greeting from Munich, Germany. Watch out this crazy feature in cities.
Attached Thumbnails My new 2010 E61 Finally was Delivered-bmw5.jpg  
Old 05-28-2009, 08:12 AM
Members

My Ride: BMW 530d M Sport (58) LCI

He even gave my wife a bunch of roses at delivery!
Yep i got the same from the salesman at my local dealership, which was a nice surprise I hadn't expected the stealership to do that.
Old 05-28-2009, 12:37 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2001 BMW330ci, Steel Gray, Black leather, Steptronic, PP, SP, PDC, Heated seats, Xenon head lights, HK, 6 disk changer, OEM alarm, OEM clears,Iice white fog lights ,Universal trasnciver, 17 inch Michelin Pilot Sport Tires 2005 530i Titanium Gray,Black leather, Nav.,HUD,PP,CWP,SP,PDC,Xenon lights,Steptronic,Logic 7 sound system,,Fold down read seats,Power shades ON ORDER
Originally Posted by schlaudi_san' post='892764' date='May 28 2009, 05:31 AM
Greeting from Munich, Germany. Watch out this crazy feature in cities.
Try the 3D if you go through the Grossglockner. Its realy realy awesome without a doubt. We got back from our ED this past Tuesday. The nav on the 2010 535i is a big improvement over the MY 2005 530i that I had. The only thing that was going a little hay wire was every time we went into a tunnel we were told to make a U turn even though we were on the right course. This was our 3rd ED and all ready We are looking forward to our next one.
cheers
vern

Quick Reply: My new 2010 E61 Finally was Delivered