E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

My new 2010 E61 Finally was Delivered

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2009, 03:36 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

By the way check your owners manual and check if you can play DVD movies. Another owner on bimmerfest confirmed that he could play moives while parked.
Old 05-13-2009, 09:48 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 535ixT � On Order: 2010 E61, Ordered 1/05, Est. Birth 3/09, Est. Delivery 4/09, Carbon Black, Cream Beige Dakota Leather, Steptronic, M-Sport Pkg., Type 135 18
Model Year: 2010

Kranz

I was just about to bring that up. The Owner's Manual that is. Did the owner on Bimmerfest get an Manual updated for the New iDrive?

My car was a 3/3/09 build and came with last a Manual for the old (2009) car.

Re the wait: I know about you pain, but at least you won't have an extra month wait at the VPC while CARB/EPA sort thing out.

I will check the DVD thing w/o using the manual in the next day or so.
Old 05-13-2009, 03:36 PM
Senior Members

He doesn't mention if the manual is the older or the newer one but here is the thread..

Post # 50

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthrea...6056&page=2
Old 05-13-2009, 03:59 PM
Members

I like those rims.
Old 05-14-2009, 05:18 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 535ixT � On Order: 2010 E61, Ordered 1/05, Est. Birth 3/09, Est. Delivery 4/09, Carbon Black, Cream Beige Dakota Leather, Steptronic, M-Sport Pkg., Type 135 18

Kranz

I got a call from BMW NA yesterday afternoon. The guy said that he knew of no manual for the E60 2010 - he cannot even find it on the BMW DE internal site. Nor is an updated manual available at BMW UK.

He will be looking into the matter and promises to get back to me.

In the interim, I have discovered a few things about the iDrive 4.0.
  1. To get into hill decent mode - press the right lower inner button on the steering wheel while pressing on the brake - at least that how I think it works. Not that you or I will often use it in NJ or CT.
  2. Play around with http://www.bmw-routes.com/de/en/index.jsp its a cool way to set up your navi. I think it is mostly for Europe, but you can transfer a US route to your desktop and use a jump drive to get it to the car. I think I will reconstruct all the routes that I had stored in my old car.
Perhaps we should start a thread of How-To's for the E60-2010s . . .

I would add to my wish list the following item:

How to set a default auto fan speed - I like a little more action than is available in my automatic setting. We could do same in the old iDrive/E60

Any more ideas?
Old 05-14-2009, 05:37 PM
CCS
Members

My Ride: 2009 535XI

Thats a beautiful color, great choice!!
Old 05-15-2009, 09:23 AM
Members

My Ride: F11 520d white, auto, professional sat-nav with internet, variable damper control, sports steering wheel, extended lighting, retractable tow bar, wing mirrors with dimming & folding, full electric seats with memory & lumber adjustment, etc.

Hopco

Took delivery of my 530D SE Business Edition car yesterday evening and within the information folder is a booklet called "At a glace. The new iDrive" the order number for this is 01 41 2 601422, in the main manual it still has the old iDrive. The guy that dropped my car off said the Professional Sat Nav is not hard disk based in the 5 Series that I need to use the DVD but thats not what BMW publish so over the weekend Im going to check it out, the manual states you only need to load & import in once. The car is Titanium Silver with the V-Spoke 245 wheels which look awesome hopefully our post some pictures this weekend if the rain holds off.
Old 05-15-2009, 09:48 AM
Contributors

NV

I too got the 'at a glance' brochure - it is simply a gloss over - but does look nice

Interesting comments from your 'drop off' guy. I received no DVD with my car, but my Navi system works (I think our US Navigation is the WW Professional.) I know I have a hard drive as I can download music and data to something and I doubt BMW is using Flash SSDs. So I would guess that your drop off guy was feeding you HogWash as they used to call it in farm country.

Enjoy your car!
Old 05-15-2009, 10:20 AM
Contributors

My Ride: My ex-ride: EU '08 LCI 520dA. Space Grey, Sport Seats in Black Leather/Fabric Anthracite, Sport Steering Wheel, A/C with Extended Features, Hi-Fi Speakers, Cup Holders, Cruise with Braking function, Folding Rear Seats, Xenons, Park Distance Control.

Congrats Hopco,

A E61 is a safe and a very fine car, as you know.

All the best.
Old 05-16-2009, 02:01 PM
Members

My Ride: F11 520d white, auto, professional sat-nav with internet, variable damper control, sports steering wheel, extended lighting, retractable tow bar, wing mirrors with dimming & folding, full electric seats with memory & lumber adjustment, etc.

Well the drop off guy was wrong the Professional Sat Nav doesnt need the DVD, have to say the Sat Nav works a dream.
The improvements over my 2006 model year car are definately better whilst it retains that solid connected feel when driving after my short interlude with the Audi Q5 which whilst being a first class cabin was definately an inferior ride to the BMW it is certainly true to say the BMW overall is the better car. The electronic tow hitch is a very neat feature and simplicity in operation and the ride quality makes the Audi Q5 feel like a tractor. Ah its nice to feel at home again.

Quick Reply: My new 2010 E61 Finally was Delivered